[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was /r9k/ like in the early years, before deletion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1467672902977.jpg (81 KB, 736x724) Image search: [Google]
1467672902977.jpg
81 KB, 736x724
What was /r9k/ like in the early years, before deletion?
>>
It used to be 9000 with no 1 and there was a slogan "I, for one, welcome the return of our robot overlord"
>>
>rate threads (pre-/soc/)
>BAWWWW threads
>Derrida's delusional rants
>greentext threads
>Rosecucks have been here the whole time
>Tripfags who were meaningful with their original content besides eeyore. fuck him. Not normalfags like eggy and samson
>ebin gentleman threads
>
>>
>>29892338
camwhores, people with tons of garble text to the robot, oldschool fun and lighthearted memes, ludicrous and funny greentext, real spambots. JLH baiting the betas.
>>
>>29892422
We got a faggot here who was never around in the real glorious /r9k/ times.

Before the betas and frogposters moved in, /r9k/ was an awesome place with original content, like was intended. Greentext stories were full of hilarious and interesting stories of people's lives. Memes were made here, funny stuff.
>>
>>29892422
Rate threads ere purged, you imbecile.

BAWWW threads were greentext threads, not just for the purpose of /b/ tier garbage reaction shit.

The tripfags were just as bad as they are now.

You are a normal fag or weren't here when it was re-implemented in 2011.
>>
>retard greentexts
> fresh memes
>greentext was a novelty and used more often
>contemplation of feels beyond >tfwnogf
>tfwnogf threads were called cancer

surprise surprise when the nogfs won and consumed the board.
>>
>>29892472
>>29892476
Thanks for the (You)s, fags.
I've been here the whole time.
Sorry your memory is so fuzzy from nostalgia.
>>
File: 1157364001243.jpg (97 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1157364001243.jpg
97 KB, 750x600
>>29892338
It was interesting original content, then the feels fags showed up.
>>
>>29892422
>eeyore
Seriously fuck him.
>>
>>29892338
It wasn't tons of tfw no gf threads. There were a lot of good greentext threads. Fat Hate threads were the best on here.
>>
>>29892338
>greentext threads the board
>tfw I actually miss tard stories
>>
>>29893459
Name three examples
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.