[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw NEET living off trust fund bux but starting to get bored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4
File: 2a.jpg (37 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
2a.jpg
37 KB, 309x309
>tfw NEET living off trust fund bux but starting to get bored just playing video games and sleeping all day

Is wagecucking really that bad? I was thinking of getting a job for fun just to see what it's like.
>>
>>29890617
your boss will act like he owns you. It is unimaginable the levels of disrespect until you experience it. My boss used to call me a kid and buddy. I quit that shit job
>>
>>29890653

They do technically own you, don't they? That's what they're paying for: renting you eight hours a day.
>>
Sure is, here lets switch.
>>
>>29890617
how much is in the trust m8?

how much do you get a month?
>>
>>29890617
i got a job a few months ago
it's basically the same but i use a portion of my day to get money and do...something

i was a neet for years and i ended up sleeping half my day away every day. i still shitpost and play vidya and stuff but now instead of wasting half my life i do something with the wasted part.

overall its not much better, only a little
>>
>>29890617
It's worth doing something you hate for a little bit just to make the rest of your time feel good by comparison.

Considering working in retail for 1-2 days a week.
>>
working is horrible don't do it anon
and I know you're just gonna read this post and disregard it so let me emphasize
if you can be NEET and live comfortable
DON'T
FUCKING
WORK
it's miserable, it's awful, you're forced to be somewhere you don't want to be and do shit you don't want to do. I want to kill myself every day at my job. If you really want to work then give me you trust fund bucks and let me be NEET.
>>
>>29890745

I have it set up to deposit $5,385 / month into a bank account I use for spending. That way I don't have to worry about spending more than I have, it's like a salary I pay myself.
>>
>>29890821
>>29890916
see? You didn't listen to me.
I'm begging you OP, don't get a job. I'm trying to save you here.
>>
>>29890617
If it's a gainful job, it's nice because you learn, do what you're good at and perhaps reasonably passionate about, and keep your mind occupied.

Or shit, start your own business. There's something strangely satisfying about working for yourself, even if you don't make as much from it (yet, kek willing) as your day job.
>>
>>29890937

But jobs can be exciting too, can't they? Finding out who you are and what you do best, getting to make things happen with teamwork and developing bonds with co-workers, becoming an expert in your field, etc. Even McDonalds seems like it could teach you some interesting things. Why do you hate work so much?
>>
Jobs are either good or bad, depends on your coworkers, your boss and job flexibility. If you work with good people it's a nice place to spend your days and some jobs are super flexible and offer part time work or work from home for half the week.
>>
>>29890975
Because they own your life now. You can't shit or eat without them telling you to. They'll pay you absolute shit and expect maximum work out of you. They'll talk behind your back and make fun of you. Coworkers pretty much exist just to talk shit about each other and fuck each other over.
If I could never work again I would.
Maybe you recognize me from other threads, I'm the guy who's planning to hang himself in the cooler at work.
>>
>>29891044

>If I could never work again I would.

Why don't you just take out a loan and buy an apartment building? They're super-expensive, but nobody pays for them with their own money anyway, and most banks care more about the likelihood of the property making money than they do about your own personal credit history or lack thereof. And after you own an apartment building you'll get as close to making money without working as possible, especially if you hire a management company to handle all the tenant acquisition, customer service, and building maintenance issues.
>>
>>29891044
>Because they own your life now. You can't shit or eat without them telling you to. They'll pay you absolute shit and expect maximum work out of you. They'll talk behind your back and make fun of you.

Where the fuck do you work?

>Coworkers pretty much exist just to talk shit about each other and fuck each other over.

Again, where the fuck do you work or have worked?

My experience at my job
>talk about some movies, tv shows, games etc with coworkers for a bit
>boss is super nice, just expects you to stay on top of your work
>everyone is super helpful and always willing to show you new things
>money is pretty good, performance reviews and raises every 6-8 months
>always tons of fun events at work
>get every friday off because 10 hour days so 3 day weekend
>tons of stat days
>dont have to worry about job when im at home, can play games for 8 hours a night before bed
>>
>>29891138
Yeah that hasn't been my experience at all. I work for the kroger corporation and it's fucking horrible.
Nobody is nice, the boss is a fucking asshole, the money is absolute minimum that they can legally pay you, the raises are minimal, no fun events at work, I work 6-7 days a week, and I have to worry about being fired all the time.
Just fucking kill me.
>>29891133
Nigger I live in Denver, do you know how much shit costs?
>>
>>29891188

>cost

Take out a loan.
>>
>>29891188
Get a fucking education or trade and get a good job anon. I wouldn't say I love my job but it's a pretty good deal.
>>
I feel the same op. neetdom gets pretty boring. shame the outside world is full of bullies and normies.
>>
>>29891217
>education
Can't afford it and no skills or talents. Plus nobody will give me a student loan because my parents wrecked my credit history.
I've looked for other jobs but none offer me enough money to survive. I'm stuck here forever. That's what happens at kroger, they lock you in forever until you're 50 and still bagging groceries.
>>
>>29890617
How old are you? Get a job with qts around like a lifeguard or something.
>>
>>29891266
>complaining about a fucking retail/cashier job and saying that's what every job is like

Holy fucking kek the delusion of some people here.

I used to be a retail cuck to, then I fucking left. You always have a choice, you just need to do it, go find a better job, be a security guard and take online classes or something
>>
>>29891188
Thinking about moving to Denver this fall.
>>
>>29891309
did you not read my post???
I can't get a fucking better job, they all require degrees and experience.
>>
>>29891286
>Get a job with qts around like a lifeguard or something.
only works if you are a chad
>>
>>29891329
prepare to be assraped by rent rates my dude
>>
>>29890617
>Is wagecucking really that bad?
yes
>>
>>29891266

>That's what happens at kroger, they lock you in forever until you're 50 and still bagging groceries.

Ash worked retail and he's the greatest action hero of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmzF9pj9Yk
>>
>>29891335
But you can though, there are plenty of jobs where you only need a highschool education, some you may have to move cities but I know plenty of people who went to the Dakotas or Texas with just highschool education and now make 60k+ on oil rigs or in work camps as a chef/security/support staff. You can also like I said before be a late night security guard and get paid about 14-20 an hour to just watch netflix all night.
>>
>>29891365
this guy
originalitydoooda
>>
>>29891355
Yeah but the quality of life increase has to be worth it, right? I'm in fucking Pittsburgh right now.
>>
>>29890617
Today was my first day at a warehouse job, and let me tell you that going from doing nothing to 8 hours labor is a huge jump. Get a small hobby, if I had that kind of money I would work on cars and go to car shows, or something. Find something you can enjoy and show off your labors, because working isn't the key my friend.
>>
>>29891390
It's a nice city, no doubt.Lived here my whole life and never want to leave. It's just really expensive because people keep moving here for dude weed lmao.

>>29891382
Ok just point me to where all these jobs supposedly are. Because I haven't found shit in six months of searching. I even have a folder in my email inbox full of rejections because I don't have experience. How am I supposed to get a job for experience with no experience??
>>
>>29891402

Aside from being kind of boring sleeping in and playing video games all the time, I also keep thinking about how I don't really deserve the money. I'm considering donating it all to a charity of some sort to prove to myself that I can make it with a career and earn my own money.
>>
I really like my job as a HS teacher, but you're not just paid to work. You're paid to get up early, arrive at work ready to fucking run shit. You're paid to make sure time away form work is spent in such a way that doesnt affect your peformance on the job.

After work I spend most of my time getting myself ready for work the next day: grading, reading, lifting and getting to bed early so I can get up and start my morning routine at 6.

Because of this, though, my job is even more rewarding and Im paid pretty well. My bosses leave me alone and when the bell rings, I close the door and we get to work.
>>
>>29891450
Make the charity me. Please buy me surgery to make my face girlier. It'd take two months of your income.
>>
>>29891435
You fucking suck at writing a Cover letter and resume then, I was like you till I realized that i'm a piece of shit and then I improved myself and learned soft skills and put myself out there, after writing a good resume, going out to social events and meeting people I got more job offers in a month than I did that past year before that
>>
Meh, working is horrible if you depend on it.

If you have enough money to just be like "fuck this shit, I'm out" at a moment's notice I imagine a job might be fun since you don't have to pretend to give a shit.

I say do it, OP.
>>
File: 1467415503544.png (374 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
1467415503544.png
374 KB, 657x720
working is fucking HORRIBLE!!! makes me want to suicide!!imagine waking up at 5am to go do some repetitive task that you hate for 8 FUCKING hours all while some asshole yells at you!then getting home at 5 fucking pm because of traffic then you shower eat etc and you only have like 3-5 hours of free time then repeat forever!
>>
>>29891435
Since you live in Denver maybe look for a sweet /out/ job doing some light manual labor? Maybe trail maintenance for the parks department or something like that.
>>
>>29891490
>wake up at 5 am
Why?

>go home at 5 pm
Why?

>stuck in traffic?
Dont live in a shit city.

>3-5 hours of free time
You aren't working 16 hours a day

I wake up at 6, go to work for 7, come home by 4:30 and go to bed by 10:30-11:00, lots of time to do shit after work.
>>
>>29891188
Not all companies are as shit as Kroger, habeeb me.

But Kroger is a shit tier employer, I feel your pain. Fuel center reppin', we get shit on by everyone.
>>
>>29891490
the only way to make most jobs palatable is to spend your time looking for other jobs. I can't imagine working 45-50 weeks a year doing the same thing at the same place for thrity years.
>>
>>29891474

I think I would rather give it to people who really need it, like hunger relief for third world children. This one seems pretty reputable:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=9307
>>
>>29891517
My buddy works for the parks department, I'll have to ask him what the pay is like.
>>29891527
>fuel center
oh god I'm so sorry anon that's the absolute worst. I'd rather be doing what i'm doing (produce) than fuel center.
>>
>>29890821
This senpai. I even have a good white collar job doing what I like but it's just not fucking worth it compared to NEET life.
>>
>>29891555
I'd imagine there's some hot hippie pussy working for the parks department in Denver. That's a major plus.
>>
>>29891541
Food aid to less developed countries isn't an efficient use of your donation dollars, anon.

If you're going that route, donate within your own country, there are kids here who are nutrition deprived especially if you live in the USA. Donate to an education program or anything, really. Food aid sucks ballsacks.

And anyway, I really DO need my face cut up, it's a medically necessary procedure, but alas your mind is set.
>>
>>29891555
Oh man, you don't even know.

I saw a dude die on the fuel pad and then the lock broke, leaving me stranded outside for 6 hours in February.

I'm still mentally fucked up about seeing someone die, like could I have called 911 faster, could I have done literally anything better? I still have nightmares.

I got basically a pat on the back from the FC manager and zero recognition from the GM. Like, you'd think the company might ask if I'm okay, y'know? But nah, I didn't even get a day off.

Fuck Kroger.
>>
>>29891568
>counting down the hours until work
Jesus christ this is torture. Only 12 hours of freedom left and 8 of those are for sleeping and the other 4 are for studying.
I'm going to jump off a bridge. Even if I fail, the mental hospital will still be better than this.
>>
>>29891617
Jesus christ anon i'm sorry.
Kroger fired me once for an injury and I couldn't afford a lawyer so they got away with it.
>>
File: a9d8.png (262 KB, 283x442) Image search: [Google]
a9d8.png
262 KB, 283x442
>>29891474
>Please buy me surgery to make my face girlier.
>>29891599
>it's a medically necessary procedure

>>
>>29891635
I work at an amazon place

200 feet uphill, 500 downhill 4 miles bike trip there, 10 hour shift, then 500 feet uphill 200 downhill going home

I have time to shower, read, sleep
>>
>>29891716
When will it all end wagiebro...
>>
>>29891675
According to WPATH it is medically necessary.

>"Non-genital surgical procedures are routinely performed... notably, subcutaneous mastectomy in female-to-male transsexuals, and facial feminization surgery, and/or breast augmentation in male-to-female transsexuals. These surgical interventions are often of greater practical significance in the patient's daily life than reconstruction of the genitals."
>>
>>29891776

>according to a transgender advocacy organization transgender surgery is medically necessary

Do you see the problem?
>>
>>29891796
According to an organization which advocates based on factual, carefully researched medicine, yes.

t.

[3] Monstrey S, De Cuypere G, Ettner R,.(2007) . Surgery: General Principles. In Ettner R et al (eds) Principles of Transgender Medicine and Surgery. New York:Haworth Press:2007.p.90.
>>
>>29891765
I don't mind it very much.

There's a nice badass feeling I get when I realize I'm enduring throughout the day. Also, don't have to deal with the degradation of retail anymore.

3 days off and getting paid to be /fit/ is nice too
>>
>>29890916
I'm confused so you're getting $5,385 for doing nothing? Or because you have mental disability? Either way if you do the math you're making over $60,000 a year from the government.

That doesn't make sense, most people barely make $40,000 a year if that. A lot of college graduates are lucky to make $35,000 their first year out of college and you're telling me you make $60,000 for doing nothing? Holy shit, most people would kill to make $60,000 a year.
>>
>>29891819

You're citing someone who built a career around "transgender medicine." Don't you think the less biased source would be the one actually used by both the government and insurance companies when they have to decide what counts as medically necessary?
>>
>>29891864

>from the government

No one said anything about government money.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trust+fund
>>
>>29891617
>>29891670
If you really want to fuck Kroger become a union organizer.
>>
>>29890617
you will go from being bored playing video games and sleeping.
from going to being really pissed off and tired all the time.

dont get a job its the worst.

you just need to work everyday on disciplining your mind. start reading books , don't masturbate. just try to make your mind really strong and break your current thought patterns.
>>
>>29891885
Oh, well I'm retarded and don't know how trust funds work. What I do know is $5,385 A MONTH is a shit load of money for someone who doesn't even work for it, goddamn. Someone making minimum wage and working 40 hours a week for a month would be lucky to get $1,000 a month at best.

The minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 so for instance 7.25 * 40 = $290 so if you get paid biweekly then you're making roughly $600 a month, and that's pathetic. Meanwhile OP is making $5,385 a month for doing pretty much nothing, if a minimum wage worker wanted to make that much money they'd have to work NINE MONTHS to make what OP makes in one month.

The difference is just staggering.
>>
>>29891874
>"In over 80 qualitatively different case studies and reviews from 12 countries, it has been demonstrated during the last 30 years that the treatment that includes the whole process of gender reassignment is effective."

Anon, I'm sorry to say but this stuff is medically necessary and this has been concluded by decades of study, clinical experience and unbiased meta-analysis by dozens of unbiased medical boards throughout the world. Like, you're just wrong, kek.
>>
>>29891937
The UFCW is arguably worse than kroger
They hire picketers and pay them minimum wage, give them minimal hours, and no benefits while protesting for my benefits. Whenever I see a union picketer I always tell them to get the fuck away from the union.
>>
>>29891975

>I don't know how trust funds work

It's just a way of giving money to your children with structured payments instead of handing them a massive pile of cash.
>>
>>29891992

Why do you need money to pay for it if it's medically necessary? Sounds like the people whose opinions actually matter disagree with you.
>>
>>29891975
OP is seriously living the dream life for most people on this board. Most NEETs here just leech off their parents and probably get by with a few hundred dollars or less in their checking accounts at any given time. OP is NEET rich.
>>
>>29892020
Yeah but $5,385 A MONTH? Come on now that's an insane amount of cash to be getting each month for doing nothing, jesus.

>>29892041
I know right? Goddamn OP is rolling in money.
>>
>>29892066

That's less than $4 million if it's something you get for the next sixty years. Not that much money considering there are people who make a billion dollars or even multiple billions of dollars in a year.
>>
>>29892040
It has mixed implementation, because people really hate helping trannies desu senpai. Lots of national healthcare agencies cover it, such as the NHS, Belgian plans, etc

It's kind of on the level of disfiguring facial burns which insurance is willing to foot oftentimes
>>
>>29892103
Yeah but we're comparing OP to the people on this board, a lot of people on this board are unemployed, living with their parents, getting money from the government, etc. The people who do work on this board are usually working in retail/fast food minimum wage positions, you do have some that work white-collar jobs and make pretty good money, I saw some people say they made like anywhere from $15 to $22 an hour so not everyone on this board is working wagecuck retail low level end jobs.
>>
>>29892103
Billions of dollars is empty wealth.

If you look at quality of life, happiness, anxiety, health related issues, you get little to no improvement after about an 80k annual income.

Whereas these markers of decent human living spiral down into the pathetic misery that is being poor.
>>
>>29892041
It's a dream life for me and I'm making 80k/year

post tax OP is still making more than me for doing nothing. Can't wait till I switch jobs and start saving so I can live the NEET life
>>
You should go out and try because why not? If you don't like it you can quit. You're gonna regret it if you give all your money to charity.
>>
>>29892249
>start saving

>start saving more***
>>
>>29891975
they always said life isnt fair

i didnt know it was going to be this unfair
>>
how do you get a trustfund?
>>
>>29892369

Step 1: Don't have poor parents
>>
File: IMG_20151118_145132890.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151118_145132890.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
It's not that bad. If the job sucks you can just leave. It takes less time out of your day than school and you will also have money to buy cool things.
>>
>>29892369
Win the genetic lottery and be the son of rich people in a first world country. Wish I'd done that instead of being born in the middle class. OP donate your gorillion dollars to me so I can pay off my college debt
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.