[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's starting to happen robots, my cat of 13 years is starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: my cat.jpg (296 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
my cat.jpg
296 KB, 900x1600
It's starting to happen robots, my cat of 13 years is starting to show signs that she is close to death. She isn't eating well and her body seems to be giving out at times. The worst part is I cannot afford to take her to vet due to being a NEET. All I can do is watch her go through the process and try to get her to eat.
>>
>>29888796
send kitty to the wild to find a death that will soothe her soul
>>
cats can live for quite a while longer than 13 years, it might just be that she is a little ill recently, don't give up hope!
>>
>>29888796
Try eating with her. Sometimes animals are more likely to eat if it's a group activity.
>>
You could also try changing what type of cat food you're giving her, cats can be quite fussy so try giving her a different brand of food and see if she'll eat any then.
>>
>>29888796

I've had several cats, most elderly and adopted from shelters/strays.

your cat is sick. see a vet or put it out of its misery. They don't stop eating just because they get old.

Whenever one of my cats stopped eating i'd go see a vet and boom, there'd be a tumor or something else. Usually the treatment isn't really worth it for an animal who doesn't understand the suffering just to squeeze out an extra year or two of life.

See a vet bro, if life can't be salvaged, give it some special treats and a good hug before letting it go.

If you really can't afford the bills I suggest you kill it yourself, giving it a slow death is worse for all parties involved.
>>
>>29888796
My jack russel terrier is 13 and she's not been eating as much either. I find it helps to give her soft foods. I think her teeth have gone bad/she doesn't have the energy to chew. If I give her regular food I mix it with warm water and then drain the water so the food is soft. She doesn't always like to eat it this way. Sometimes I also make her a quick scrambled egg in the microwave. She really likes that.

Cats are a little harder to motivate than dogs. The important part is that you still give her attention in her old age, even if she pisses on the goddamned carpet after you just let her out and she just laid in the grass like a fucking retard for 25 minutes And then came back inside to piss on the rucking carpet.
>>
She looks beautiful Anon
Take solace in the fact she's had a good life filled of comfort.
>>
>>29889547

>If you really can't afford the bills I suggest you kill it yourself

I couldn't bring myself to do that.

Didn't know this thread was gonna get any replies, but thanks for advice none the less.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 959x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 959x404
>>29888796
Why don't you get a fucking job, so you can properly take care of your cat?
>>
>>29889832

Because im a neet who doesn't go outside.
>>
File: 653057304.jpg (859 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
653057304.jpg
859 KB, 2560x1536
>>29890013
You didn't quite answer their question, but whatever.
The other anon is had a good suggestion, trying to eat with your cat.
I do this with mine, when they won't eat I give them a snack and also have some so they can see me eating, it usually works.
If it doesn't, then as another anon said, they're probably ill.
I hope they recover and soon.
Try researching online on veterinary websites and forums for questions regarding others' cats behaving similarly with these symptoms.
Perhaps you may find a useful, harmless and simple home remedy to provide your cat.
>>
>>29890013
Answer the question cuck, why don't you get a job? Then you can provide for your cat. Wouldn't it be terrible if you could've saved your cat, but you didn't want to get a job?
>>
>>29890248
>>29890344

I just answered the question?

Because i'm scared of going outside and getting a job. I can't even fucking drive because of this

And I will try eating with my cat, I have tried a food change but no luck.
>>
>>29890013
then you shouldn't have gotten a damn cat, being a neet isn't an excuse when you have a cat to take care if. She deserves better anon. I had to put my cat down this year and if I had gotten a job ages ago I would have had the money to take her to the vet long before she got sick. Now I just have guilt. Your cat could have reached 20 if you treated her how she deserved
>>
If your cat is suffering and can't be treated, the last kind thing you can do is humane euthanasia. Call around vet offices and shelters, and let them know you do not want the animal cremated and you want the body back, and see if anyone can direct you to a low cost euthanasia. The majority of the cost is cremation/disposal. Without that, it will roughly cost $35. Don't have $35? Sell whatever you are using to take pictures or get on the internet to make the cash.

I could have given you a ton of pet related money saving tips, but it's past that point now, won't help too much when you need the money today.
>>
>>29890593

Who are you to say who can and cannot own a cat? Have you seen how much vet bills are? 400-500 bucks. Not even a wagecuck would consider paying that. And don't you dare say I didn't treat my cat the way she deserved to be treated, you don't know a damn thing.
>>
My moms old cat lived to be 23.

My moms current cat is 15.

You should change her diet. I dont know what you are feeding her but you need to buy better stuff. Yes its cat food but it really can matter to the cat, and not just for taste but health wise, especially at her age when it really starts to matter.
>>
>>29891330
wagecuck here
you're trolling. i would drop 10x that if it meant saving my glorious husky dog
>>
>>29891396

Try living in california, living costs here is beyond fucked.
>>
>>29891396
You're a wonderful person

Oregeno
>>
>>29891330
Go get a job and save your cat you shitbag.

You neets cant even take care of a cat. Surprised you have died yet. Still live with mummy or on welfare?
>>
>>29891330
Pets are a privilege, not a right. If you abuse or neglect animals, you can have your animals taken away and you can be barred from owning animals. Neglect includes not giving proper medical care, which also covers euthanasia. In reality, you are breaking a law via animal neglect.

>>29891377
If he can't afford $35 I'm surprised he feeds the cat at all

>>29891448
NY here. One of if not the most expensive state to try and live in. Your problem is you rather complain than try
>>
>>29891448
i'm bay area and you're a bitch ass
>>
>>29891466

>Still live with mummy

WHERE
DO
YOU
THINK
YOU
ARE?
>>
>>29891453
thanks bro, i can't wrap my head around people like op. i sat up with my fish in his lil hospital tank feeding him crushed up green peas until his swim bladder problems cleared up. don't get a pet if you won't be its protector by any means necessary
>>
>>29888796

Its your fault for being a tripfag. It's your fault.
>>
>>29891580

>have a cat for most of life
>everything is nice and calm
>a decade later
>money gets tight
>cant afford to pay anymore
>hurrr MUH ABUSE

You normies make me physically sick.
>>
>>29891502
This. OP sounds like those idiots who have six kids and then complain about not being able to feed them with minimum wage.
>>
>>29891514
r9k isnt just for neets.

Also a place for guys who are ignored by girls and have been treated like shit by girls(been cheated on)

Also a place for people with social anxiety. These people can hold down jobs, as long as they are not around a lot of people.

neets are just a small part of r9k. No amount of wagecuck threads will change that.
>>
>>29891630
Have your parents pay for it. Do you live with them or do you live alone?
>>
what's your runescape name? total level?
kill the cat rather than letting it suffer
osg will keep you company from now on
>>
>>29891630
WHAAAH I dont get enough benefits to keep my cat alive long enough for it to reach its normal life expectancy.

You are a fucking shit owner. If I knew where you were I could call the police for animal neglect.

Cat would be taken from you and actually have a vet look at her and you would be in jail.
>>
>>29888796
take her out, end her misery
>>
>>29891664

I am currently trying to get help from them, and I live with my mother. So don't you faggots try to say i'm not trying here.

>>29891651

Sounds like a normie with le social anxiety to me.
>>
>>29891630
>money gets tight
>don't do shit because selfish af
>allow creature that depends on you for its survival to slowly starve to death

you have a fucking choice, anon, and you decided to allow your animal to DIE instead of even attempt to get a damn job. your cat has no choice and if you continue to stand by and watch it suffer, i sincerely hope you feel sick
>>
>>29891704

>WHAAAH I dont get enough benefits to keep my cat alive long enough for it to reach its normal life expectancy.

First off you stupid self righteous dickweed, i've had her for 13 years but adopted her when she was in her early teens. So i'm way past the expectancy date.
>>
File: 1429739566718.png (48 KB, 1070x868) Image search: [Google]
1429739566718.png
48 KB, 1070x868
>>29891732
>I live with my mother.

MUMMY I spent all my allowance on anime and body pillows. You have to pay to fix my cat.

Let me guess you are still in highschool and you have the summer off.
>>
>tfw my cat is 15 and starting to look old
>he doesn't jump, move or play like he used to
>still greets me at the door and lays in my lap for hours
>just trying to enjoy the time I have left

Fuck I feel with you OP
>>
>>29891780
>i've had her for 13 years but adopted her when she was in her early teens

That would make her at least 26 years old. If that really is the case then she should be put down. Go ask mom for money to put her down.
>>
>>29891793

>>>/facebook/

origina.
>>
>>29891828
Tell me how and why is money tight right now?

You dont have a job so you dont make any money. How long have you been a neet?
>>
Typical neet, get a little bit of flak and you abandon thread like a bitch.
>>
>>29891817

Well I wouldn't say she's 26 but she's up there. I don't know, i don't want to but I might have to.

>>29891857

Most of my life, but what's the fucking point, you've clearly shown that you are not a robot. So what makes you think you'll understand our problems?
>>
>>29891936
I was a shut in/neet for almost 3 years so I do know what its like.
>>
>>29892069

Then you must understand that when you're past the beyond saving point, shit living and taking care of a pet will in fact not motivate you to get a job. All you can do is ask for help which is what I'm doing.
>>
>>29889828
>I couldn't bring myself to do that.
That's selfish, don't put your pain above your cats if you really love him
>>
>>29892155

She doesn't seems like she's in serious pain. But she can no longer groom herself so she has these little hair clumps that can pull on her skin. I've taken her to get groomed once but it just came back.
>>
>I'm a robot so it's totally justified that I let my cat suffer, feel bad for me!
/Thread
>>
>>29888796
>>29891630
Honestly I would find a way to help my pet. I don't see why OP puts himself above another life, the life of something he supposedly cares about and then complains there's nothing he can do.
Go find a gig on craiglist or something, be a server at a party, clean a few toilets. There's no reason why you're living healthy and able bodies and your cat could have something malignant but reds to potentially suffer because you are too lazy.

One thing is being a NEET another is being a bastard.

I hope the cat is just having a phase.
>>
>>29892253

>it's another "make baseless observations without reading the entire thread" post.
>>
>>29892252
>I've taken her to get groomed once

So you can leave the house...

GO GET A JOB SO YOU CAN SAVE YOUR CATS LIFE.
>>
>>29892282
Ok show me where you attempted to bring your cat to a vet
>>
>>29892282
>Because im a neet who doesn't go outside.
>I've taken her to get groomed once

You are a piece of shit OP. Your cat is going to die a slow and painful death because of your selfishness of not wanting a job.
>>
>>29892265
white people are so weird about their pets

you're acting like OP is obligated to support this cat like it's his fucking child. it's a cat. cats die. fucking soft ass weirdo white people pampering their animals and acting like one of them dying is this great tragedy. grow the fuck up.
>>
>>29892305

She was taken in before for a urinary tract, but what I meant was letting her suffer part. I'm trying my best here to ask for help from my family.
>>
>>29892140
>when you're past the beyond saving point, shit living and taking care of a pet will in fact not motivate you to get a job. All you can do is ask for help which is what I'm doing.

Nah. When you truly love and care for something you don't post on a useless anonymous imageboard and then say everyone is wrong while convincing yourself nothing can be done.

You ask family, parents, reach out to organizations and try to change, even if just for a week or two, to help your friend. Especially a friend that have lived with you for 13 years. 13 years and you use a living being as your emotional tampon until it breaks. You're not a robot and you're not past any breaking point. You're a huge pussy faggot dildo pea brain and that's why nobody likes you.
>>
>>29888796
If it makes you feel any better, 13 is a pretty long life for a cat. So even if you had the money to take her to the vet, she probably wouldn't live much longer.
>>
>>29892353
Try your best to get a job.

What the hell do you do with your day? How many hours of anime do you watch in a day?
>>
EUTHANASIA RETARD
>>
>>29892333
>Subhumans in charge of being humane
>Subhumans having empathy

In first world countries it is illegal to neglect animals and let them suffer. Something called animal welfare, but I wouldn't expect a coon to understand animal welfare when they can't even get human rights
>>
>>29892333
I'm not white.

Humans die. So when you're in pain someone should let you die because it's not like they're your parents.

Death isn't such a great tragedy so why do we even have hospitals. Don't take medicine next time you get sick and don't receive any medical treatment since you're going to die any way.
>>
>>29892383
>Try your best to get a job.

The reason he doesnt get a job is because he will lose his 700$ a month he gets in disability.

When you dont have a job and access to the internet he must buy a bunch of shit. Not like he has rent to pay(still lives with mummy)
>>
>>29892383

>then say everyone is wrong while convincing yourself nothing can be done.

You cannot fucking read I swear to god, listen close out of reddit/facebook or any other site and read the entire thread you dumb cunt.
>>
>>29892417
Don't worry about him. He's just an edgy teen. Feel free to ignore.

If you can't afford to do shit, just provide your cat the most comfortable conditions possible for the rest of his life.
>>
You're getting what your dumb ass deserves. Maybe you should treat this as a wake up call instead of another excuse to cry to others about how terrible your life is.
>>
>>29892427
Why didn't he think to secretly save some of his disability for the cat? If he still lives at home what does he spend money on?
>>
>>29892489
Because neets are impulsive.

To just sit at home day after day gets boring.
Just watching anime, reading manga, and playing video games gets boring after a while.

Spends his money on different/expensive kinds of food. New anime figures every month. Collectors edition of anime and video games. Have to upgrade that PC every couple of months.
Shit gets expensive when you only make 700$ a month.
>>
>>29892544
I make about 800 a month part time while living at home
I Go home watch anime play video games etc
I can't find a single thing to spend the money on so 95% gets saved

So bull fucking shit
>>
>>29891936
Hey, faggot: I have social anxiety too but I can manage to deal with it and hold a job. But I understand. You have to keep up your prestigious robot title even if means not being able to fully care for a pet.
>>
>>29892611
I am talking about neets, not people who work part time.
Even part time work is better.
>>
>>29892427

I don't live off of disability.

But I'm gonna just let this thread die. But let me explain something. My cat is way past the living expectancy, I made this thread to grieve on that fact that is old and will have alot of health problems. I've taken care of her everyday with no problems in health until this year. Call me a monster or something all you want.
>>
>>29889564
you could should try mixing scrambled egg with the dog food if you haven't!
>>
>>29892622
>I have social anxiety too but I can manage to deal with it and hold a job
things normies say 101
>>
>>29892726
You don't need to be social to do something like stock fucking shelves
>>
>>29888796
Force feed her
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.