[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here take antipsychotics? im on pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Zyprexa.jpg (173 KB, 908x681) Image search: [Google]
Zyprexa.jpg
173 KB, 908x681
anyone here take antipsychotics? im on pic related
>>
My doc wants me on 15 mg of Zyprexa too, but I don't take it regularly and I stopped seeing her. I pop 10 mg when I'm really delusional or I can't sleep. I don't like taking it because it makes it harder to get high. Also, I always black out and do weird stuff before I pass out. One time, I made a "sandwich" out of just two slices of bread, I took a bite out of it, and then I said to myself, "What the fuck? This sandwich sucks." I just placed it on my nightstand and went to sleep. I didn't realize what I had done until I woke up the next day.
>>
I'm on lexapro and Xanax

I'm a Chad though
>>
>>29887570
tapering off of risperidone rn, haven't been delusional in months. My energy level is really low and i'm starting to grow tits, shit sucks.
>>
>>29887570
>anyone here take antipsychotics?

It's been a very long time since I've taken an antipsychotic drug. It was during a very brief stint incarcerated on a hospital's psychiatric ward, subsequent to being arrested by the Office of Mental Health. I was prescribed Geodon and, although they couldn't force me to take the drug, they slyly hinted they would be far more likely to release me if I consented to it. So I did.

I'm not entirely sure what the drug was supposed to accomplish. I'm not psychotic, nor was I then. The only affect the Geodon had was to zombify me. Perhaps that was the intent; to render me tame during the period of time they were obligated to hold me. I'm not sure.

The worst part about it all is that my release was predicated on me defending myself before a conclave of doctors, and I had to try and do so with my wits dulled and reason compromised. I'm proud of very little, but the fact I was able to convince them to cut me loose as addled as I was is still something I consider an accomplishment. After having finally won my freedom from the jailers with their white coats and looks of feigned compassion, I never took Geodon again.

To this day, the thing I resent most about the drug was that it served as a substitute for dealing with me as an actual human being. The doctors were more than happy to drug me, but talking to me was something they took pains to avoid. The medication was used as a talisman to bind my devils because it was the best something like myself is supposed to hope for. Exorcism, an actual liberation from those devils, would have been a taxing and dangerous enterprise. Which, I suppose, is why it's something reserved for human beings. When it comes to a monster that no one actually wants to save, restraint is enough. That said restraint is accomplished with chemicals rather than chains matters little. The intention and the effect are the same.
>>
>>29887570
Im on abilify and fuck me I can't god damn cum dude I'm getting so angry about it too, it doesn't help with my hallucinations and it doesn't even make me feel better it fucking sucks
>>
>>29888500
it sucks that you have demons but I guess everyone does. I believe in you
>>
>>29887570
I was forced to take seroquel for over a decade. I am permanently brain damaged and autistic without hope as a result. I won't even bother discussing the drug withdrawal symptoms other than it was worse than heroin wd. Quit while you are ahead.
>>
>>29887570

Anti-psychotics are truly some of the most disgusting drugs in existence. They have their niche, but are prescribed far far outside it regularly.

Hindsight is everything in psychopharmacology. Every generation of "new" drugs causes doctors to look back on the old ones with scorn. Take benzos:

>Muh addictive
>Muh withdrawals
>Muh questionable efficacy long term

There was a time when benzos were nearly as ubiquitously scripted as anti-psychotics today. Not quite though, neuroleptics are pushed for everything now:

>Seroquel for sleep due to anti-histamine effect at low doses (why not just take doxylamine? It's far more selective.)
>Abilify/Latuda as anti-depressant adjuncts, doctors actually get sold on the fact that they're D2 agonists, yet they're too stupid to realize they activate the receptor far less than it's natural ligand and have occupancy rates of ~95%. Don't forget about that 150+ hour eliminate half life.
>Even the newest neuroleptics put you at risk for permanent harm, see TD.
>Haldol is PROVEN to have neurotoxic metabolites.
>Known metabolic effects, fat is metabolized before anything else. Enjoy your massive weight gain.

As someone whose worked in drug design and synthesis, I'm not joking in saying I'd blow my brains out the day I found I needed these drugs to function. No thanks on the chemical lobotomy.

In a few decades these drugs will be a huge stigma for psychiatry.
>>
>>29887570
Stop taking this shit dude.
>>
File: drug tans.png (2 MB, 989x1055) Image search: [Google]
drug tans.png
2 MB, 989x1055
>>29889222
>As someone whose worked in drug design and synthesis

Sounds like an interesting job.

What other fucked up / interesting stuff have you learned?
>>
>>29888623
>it sucks that you have demons but I guess everyone does.

To be sure. The thing of it is that there's a very sharp distinction between the men others are willing to take pains to ransom from Hell, and the men that are left to the devices of the demons that torment them. The Christians believe that God was willing to murder his own son to rescue the men who transgressed his law, but not even the most devout are willing to minister to a monster whose ugliness has blasphemed Nature.

And so, yes, everyone has his demons. However, when a devil takes hold of a man's head, St. Michael himself will intervene to drive the devil out. When a devil torments a monster, no one bats an eye. Why should they? The monster deserves his devils. After all, they both have horns.
>>
>>29889322

It's terrifying how little is known about these drugs. Take a 100+ year old drug like amphetamine. We still don't know exactly how it works, but we have a very good idea of its long term effects and general safety.

Drugs like aripirazole/etc are much newer. We know WHAT they do biologically, but we don't know why this brings about the psychological effects they're applied for.

There's lots of research that puts into question the risk vs reward of using these drugs widely. For schizos sure, there's nothing else. As anti-depressant adjuncts, for anxiety/sleep, etc the long term risk is very questionable.

Rational drug design has it's benefits, mainly in its ability to produce patent-able drugs that differ very little from what's already on the market.

True breakthroughs have almost always been a result of serendipity in terms of psychopharma. NMDA and glutamate are being researched more and more which is great, but for now psychiatry has very few tools with which to treat people. It's also reluctant to use many of them.

The pharma industry is fucked. It's geared towards profit, not progress. My general rule is, I only will take a psychoactive drug that's 40+ years old. Certain exceptions like vyvanse can be made.

Anti-psychotics however are just nasty. I've no doubt they help many people, but their off label use is harming many people as well.

Another massive issue is people have no clue what they're taking and just take whatever they're prescribed at face value. You shouldn't trust your doctor or the pharmaceutical industry implicitly, but apparently millions of people do.
>>
I have hppd from lsd, coudlnt come down and doc gave me a zyprexa, helped me instantly
Had some rather small longer lasting visual effects for this took zyprexa like a month worked good that was 1 year ago

Like 3 months ago it got worse again so i started taking zyprexa again, didnt help this time, am now on solian 10mg a day since 2months, im not really sure if its gettig better tho
Also i can still function completely normal without my meds
>>
>>29889643
>solian

Oh Europe, you sure have fucked up healthcare.
>>
>>29889618
>You shouldn't trust your doctor or the pharmaceutical industry implicitly, but apparently millions of people do.

Thats a good point, but I do think things are getting a little better on that end. The opioid crisis is gaining more and more attention in the media. Just the other day I saw an actual commerical/PSA warning viewers to research painkillers that they get prescribed, and not to implicitly trust it. Though it is a shame that so much suffering has had to occur for people to start paying attention.
>>
>>29889040
I've been taking seroquel for over a year now. I understand what you mean about feeling more autistic.
>>
>>29887808

NEITHER OF THOSE ARE ANTIPSYCHOTICS

YOU PHARMACEUTICALLY ILLITERATE DUNCE

GET OFF MY BOARD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.