[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you robots are still falling for the free will meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Meme Man.png (771 KB, 488x750) Image search: [Google]
Meme Man.png
771 KB, 488x750
How many of you robots are still falling for the free will meme?

And for those of you who have been red pilled on free will, were you happier when you believed it actually existed? Or are you happier now that you feel less responsible for being the robot that you are?
>>
I never cared, makes no difference
The same event can occur with or without free will
>>
>>29887398
>less responsible
It's all deterministic, accountability is just a social construct
>>
File: 1442947111073.jpg (142 KB, 527x475) Image search: [Google]
1442947111073.jpg
142 KB, 527x475
>>29887466
>It's all deterministic, accountability is just a social construct
That's basically what I've come to believe.

And it kinda depresses the hell out of me. But at the same time, it also relieves me of the pain of feeling inferior or defective. I don't like what I am but it's somewhat comforting that I had little to no choice.
>>
File: ftl141_unlife.jpg (82 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
ftl141_unlife.jpg
82 KB, 620x453
>>29887442
>I never cared, makes no difference
I envy the ability to just not care. But there's something sort of haunting about the knowledge that I was never in control at any point in my life (or even before I was born) and never will be. Causality is a mind fuck.
>>
>>29887398
Bumping this once and only once for other opinions.

Kinda surprising more people didn't chime in but I guess they're busy discussing what it means to be mysterious and autistic.
>>
>>29887398
>>29888942

Can someone give some more details on OP's position? It would be helpful to know what exactly we are chiming about.

What's the reasoning behind "I was never in control of my life" ?
>>
>>29889181
Muh Newtonian determinism, which is idiotic because-
1. It doesn't apply at the subatomic level because quantum weirdness.
2. It doesn't apply at the macro level because emergent behavior and chaos theory.

You can sense yourself weighing options and making choices, and that is free will. It exists.
>>
I like how robots go so far to try and act like victims. This is pathetic guys. Just work on yourselves and you can stop being losers
>>
>>29889268
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis
eat it normalshit
>>
>>29889245
>You can sense yourself weighing options and making choices, and that is free will.
No, that's just agency, or at least, an integral component thereof.

Free will isn't just agency.
>>
>>29889281
that doesn't contradict anything that poster said
>>
>>29889397
It kinda does, though. That guy just wants free will to exist because it fits into his view of how he wants the world to be.

It's normie bullshit, basically.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.