[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JESUS IS LIFE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: jesusisawesome.gif (24 KB, 251x288) Image search: [Google]
jesusisawesome.gif
24 KB, 251x288
Jesus is my nigga. Why isn't he yours anon? He only wants whats good for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE
>>
>>29886479
Jesus isn't my friend because I doubt he exists. If I meet him when I die, I will say "Now that I know you are real I'm interested in what you have to say about why I doubted you so much, and might be interested in this 'personal relationship' that christians kept talking about."

>implying any religion is correct.
>Implying I wouldn't prefer some eastern or pagan religion to be correct
>>
Actually following what Jesus thought us without any religious bullshit is one of the many things that one should do with his life.
>>
>>29886578
Maybe. Alot of 'his' teachings, like turning the other cheek for instance, seem like they were purposely made to pacify his followers.
>>
>>29886570

One day you will regret not giving your soul to a 2000 year old dead carpenter.
>>
File: super-why1.jpg (76 KB, 408x365) Image search: [Google]
super-why1.jpg
76 KB, 408x365
OP here
So what religion is better? Jesus wants you to be happy with those around you, and to accept and love them
>>
>>29886736
>So what religion is better?

In what regard?

Does it matter to you which one is true, or are you satisfied as long as it teaches you good morals?
>>
>>29886816
as a moral compas
>>
>>29886960

Doesn't it make more sense to decide your own moral values, instead of being handed a flyer, telling you what to think?

A lot of religions have a lot of good values in them, but they almost always come with some objectionable morals, from a society that no longer exists.
>>
>>29886989
>they almost always come with some objectionable morals, from a society that no longer exists.
But they are supposed to be interpreted by the reader and the follower to be applied in todays world. Love thy neighbor is timeless
>>
>>29887104
>But they are supposed to be interpreted by the reader

Well, I don't think that's what they had in mind, to be honest. I think it's safe to say that at the time they were written, they were meant to be taken at face value.

I mean, how do you interpret "if your child disrespects you, you should stone them to death" ?
(I'm paraphrasing, obviously)

I'm just curious as to why you don't want to figure these things out for yourself.
>>
>>29887158
so if I wouldent follow Jesus and his mind set, what should I set as a hero? Someone to show me the steps into the light and away from the dark?
>>
File: mike mew.jpg (8 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
mike mew.jpg
8 KB, 193x261
mike mew is jesus

kuykuyku
>>
>>29887725
>what should I set as a hero?

Far as I know, there is no person who is fit to assume that role.

Trust your own judgement, and use your empathy and reasoning skills to decide what's right or wrong.

Having said that, Goku is a pretty good role model.
>>
>>29887793
well maybe not hero, but role model. Where he has taken the correct steps in life. I understand that all mortals are sinners and are flawed, but some prevail in their general actions
>>
>>29887863
> I understand that all mortals are sinners

That's a pretty religious outlook.

Again, I don't think you should draw your morals from some external source, which you perceive to be a moral authority.

By all means, read the Bible, the Koran or whatever else. Take the things that you agree with and incorporate them into your own moral framework, and discard anything you find objectionable.

Believing in something simply because someone said so is a really bad idea.
>>
>>29887954
ok I will try. altho most other paths have some for of sin. And I guess that is a bit of a religious outlook, but I mean it in the sense that they are flawed and fuck up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.