[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you seen this movie? Just watched this and I'm amazed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 480x800
Have you seen this movie?

Just watched this and I'm amazed.
>>
>>29886203
One of my top 3 favourites. never found anyone with a bad word to say about it.
>>
File: p7yc.jpg (139 KB, 500x731) Image search: [Google]
p7yc.jpg
139 KB, 500x731
>>29886203
Are you 15?

Movie is shit.
>>
It's okay, the soundtrack is really nice.
>>
>>29886225
Go on then whats your favourite movie.
>>
entry level desu
>>
>>29886203
are you 14? no, really, are you literally 14 years old?
>>
>>29886225
Are you memin or something?
>>
>>29886250
No, I'm not dude. What is wrong with this movie in your opinion?
>>
>>29886203
Are you 13 OP?

Only 13 years olds would be impressed with this
>>
he told me to forcibly insert it into my ANUS
>>
>>29886203
People asking if youre 14 ect probably like anime and shit. or have shit tier films in their top 5
>>
>babbies first foray into movies
>>
>>29886301
I'm not amazed by the twists in the plot or something like that, I'm amazed by the picture I've got about a mentally ill kid. It's some well made shit, c'mon.
>>
>>29886203
Are you literally 12?

This movie is for children
>>
>>29886355
what are you amazed by?
>>
ok ok everyone stop making fun of him

donnie darko is an extremely deep and complex character :) :) :)
>>
>>29886395
name a deep and complex character then.
>>
>>29886203
christ OP, what are you 11

fucking kids movie
>>
Ugh this forum sucks, ain't got any smartass answers I quit
>>
File: deskjob.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
deskjob.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
Hot topic emo kid trash
>>
>>29886395
In all seriousness, this kind of character is interesting only when you've gotten past your edgy stage and see him as what he is
>>
>>29886402
xena the warrior princess
>>
Notice how people arent posting their favourite movies.
fucking anime watching faggots.
>>
>>29886521
the new ghostbusters movie is pretty much the best movie in the past 20 years
>>
It's a great movie and anyone who disagrees is a contrarian or dumb.
>>
>>29886510
funny senpai.
>>
>>29886521
Maybe if you had made that the topic people would have
>>
>>29886225
>anime

every fucken time

also amazing movie OP
>>
>>29886534
you belong on ifunny.com.
>>
>>29886203
>edgy teen reads a soft intro to quantum mechanics and suddenly understands the universe
no
also how does one suck a fuck
>>
It's a pretty good movie.
i'm not saying there isn't any legit critisism to make, but "this movie is for edgy children" doesn't make it magically a 1 out of 10.
I don't really get why hating this movie became a meme, but until i read any actual points i'll just assume you guys don't know either
>>
>>29886552
i'm saying people are slamming it without justification. they say its shit without a sterling example of their own favourite movies.
>>
>>29886562
the critics agree anon

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/
>>
jesus, OP. Are you 10 or some shit?
this movie is for elementary school kids
>>
>>29886603
Critics also get paid to say Call of Duty is game of the year. They spout shit all the time.
>>
>>29886623
>call of duty is not the greatest franchise in the history of gaming

holy shit all this pleb
>>
File: angry.gif (533 KB, 200x440) Image search: [Google]
angry.gif
533 KB, 200x440
no JUST no
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1424638475028.jpg (71 KB, 640x654) Image search: [Google]
1424638475028.jpg
71 KB, 640x654
>>29886571
I can only think of one way
CHUT UP
>>
>>29886571
He's just 100% schizo m8
>>
I loved the movie. One of my favorites. I can relate to Donnie a lot, I too am messed in the head. Some people just can't relate to that.
>>
Just a bunch of sarcastic people in this thread.
>>
This movie was garbage
>>
>>29886203
OP Are you 9 years old?

I can't see how anyone in the double digit age range can take this shit seriously. It's literally a horror movie with a big talking bunny and spiderman.
>>
>>29886638
everything after world at war is complete and utter shit.
>>
ITT: dude memes XD
>>
>>29886203
I have. People always say it's amazing and one of their favourites but I wasn't impressed. It tries too hard to be profound when in reality it's just an average film. Not saying it's terrible but it's not one of the greats. I'm think those people that say it's a masterpiece are just copying the opinions of others from the internet to seem deep or some shit which is why everyone in this thread is mocking you.

>>29886333
>>29886416
>>29886521
>>29886553
Samefag detected. OP we know it's you newfag
>>
I personally think this movie was overrated.

Its been a long time since I saw it, so I don't remember much. But if you need to do additional reading to understand what the deal is, it's not a good movie.
>>
>>29886659
they probably can relate but just reached the mental age, when you realise that you edgy teen years were pretty cringy so when they associate this movie with their past they feel like they have to act like they're above this.
that's naturally also the reason why animes with little girls as lead are only for little girls and faggots, real man only like stuff with real men as protagonists
>>
Its probably better than I give it credit for but since i know its from a shit tier director that just got lucky, im probably a bit bias.
>>
>>29886771
>accuses of samefagging
>is wrong
>dares to accuse of newfagging
>>
>>29886771
I found this movie before i found it online or heard anyone elses opinion on it but i personally think its an amazing film. at least you seem civilised about this than being a sarcastic arsehole like the rest in this thread.

And im 2 of those people in the samefag section there, 2 others i have no idea who they are.
>>
I watched goodfellas today for the first time.

it was great but city of god is better
>>
>>29886788
Oh yeah overrated but that doesn't mean bad. just means too many people have jumped on a bandwagon of holding it up to such a high standard.
>>
>>29886788
there are good movies, that you might have to look more then 1 time to understand. reading an analysis online is basically easy mode in this case.
>>
>>29886853
See this is a man with sense. not yet watched goodfellas keep putting it off.
>>
>>29886771
>It tries too hard to be profound when in reality it's just an average film.

ok let me get real here for a minute

the movie is shit because to understand the plot you basically have to read the director/writer's comments on what exactly is going on. that's just a failure of a movie.

a bunch of advanced "beings" that can see the past and future are guiding donnie back from his tangential time line so he dies in his bed and everything goes back to normal and the world doesn't end

it's really fucking dumb, it was a complete fluke by the writer too. the guy is a hack.
>>
>>29886863

Sure. I don't hate it, but I think of it as "upper mediocre".
>>
Everyone I know who thinks Donnie Darko is an "amazing" movie or whatever had been a emo faggot teenager. Literally eelverybody else just says it's alright.
>>
>>29886887
It's like nirvana being my favourite band.
overrated to fuck but they've never made a song i dont like.
>>
>>29886882
If that's really what the plot is then... then this movie is just terrible
>>
>>29886891
I used to think it was just alright when I first saw it, but it grew on me somehow. The brain is weird like that.
>>
>>29886874

As I said, my memory is fuzzy, but far as I can remember, the movie is literally incomprehensible unless you read to find out what the actual theory is.

I don't mind a movie that requires perhaps more than one viewing to be understood, but all the information you need should be in the movie itself.

What was the name of that movie where a dude went into space because earth was fucked, to look for a new planet to inhabit? That was pretty good. Came out recently. Was it "Solar"?
>>
>>29886891
I guess it depends on how you look at film.
many say a clockwork orange is shit tier but i see it as an art form and attempt to read subtext, yeah sometimes thats not what the subtext means and im just interpreting it wrong but fuck it. thats why its an art form.
>>
>>29886917
http://movies.about.com/cs/donniedarko/a/donniedarkork.htm

i can't find the exact article with the director's comments. but the guy is a moron and hasn't written one good movie, donnie darko was just a completely random fluke, i think mostly because donnie is an edgy mental case.

it has not aged well at all.
>>
>>29886908
Their problem is that they were too likeable.

People love to be contradictions, the sort who need to be different are very vocal.

Bottom line is Nirvana was a damn solid band and haters will do what haters do.
>>
>>29886947
weird thing is my sisters understood it without help. they watched it with me and i was confused as fuck the first time round and looked it up. watched it for my second time with them (this being their first time watching) and i asked at the end if they understood and they explained fully to me. i felt patronised.
>>
>>29886950
Yeah the director is shit tier. but some directors can be like one hit wonders like that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYx8IHJ9dWE

JUST
JUST
WASTING TIME
>>
>>29886982
she probably read what was going on in the movie online too. don't give people the benefit of the doubt, the movie is a mess and no one really knew exactly what was going on until the director wrote about what was going on.
>>
>>29886966
Yeah people who listen to their music are very liberal like kurt so relate to him so well.

And yeah like indie kids. It annoys me so much. i listen to a lot of indie music but i dont feel a need to post on instagram about everything. like i take poloroid pictures and shit because im a hipster faggot but i keep them in my room and not online.
>>
>>29886882
Ok i don't want to sound liek an asshole, but wasn't that really obvious, even in the first watch?
I mean we know this turbine is a product of fuck ups in with the time that will result in some time space destruction cliche, so the entire point was for donnie to do some random shit (that frank the rabbit probably knew he had to do because he's soem sort of future guardian whatever) so he will be send back to the point where the time fucked up so everything can go normally.
the book that get's shown a few times helps massively, but it's in the movie.
>>
>>29887017

This is kind of what I mean. If the movie doesn't give you all the information you require to figure it out yourself, and you need to be told what's what, then I can't exactly give it 5 stars.
>>
>>29887017
No man im not kidding. didnt plan on watching it it was just by chance. before that they'd never heard of it, they were like 15. and it was as credits rolled they explained. it freaked me the fuck out at how they got it.
>>
>>29887079
the "theories" i read before the director wrote those comments were bat shit insane.

most knew there was obviously something going on with time travel, but the whole "advanced beings guiding donnie from outside of time" thing was completely lost on everyone because it's so out of left field no one even thought about it.

it's silly.
>>
I overrated this film when I first saw it as well. It's not even Jake Gyllenhaal's best film...
>>
It was an okay movie. Good, but not god tier amazing. Definitely seemed better when I was an edgy teen and romanticised psychological issues because they seemed cool and shit. But now, Donnie just feels like he's a schizo, jerkass bloke surrounded by even jerkier people. The fact that he just has to stand out from the rest of his colleagues as the one who actually does the talking to attempt and complain about their classes leaves a sour taste. Also, Mad World is overrated as fuck.

My favourite movie is Alien. Fite me bitch.
>>
>>29887201
What would you say is? i havent seen nightcrawler yet if thats even what its called.
>>
>>29887215
Not yet seen alien. another film i keep pushing back.
>>
>>29887259
nightcrawler is his best movie, so go watch it PLEB

source code is alright
>>
>>29887259
I've seen it, it is pretty good, they actually did a good job conturing a psychopath
>>
>>29887275
Then watch it. It's one of the best horror movies ever made. Of course, watching now won't have the same impact as if you were watching it back when it was released, because the Xenomorph is already a pop culture icon - the same way everyone knows Darth Vader is Luke's father but, at the time, it was an incredible reveal - but, if you keep that in mind, you'll be able to enjoy it much more. Atmosphere is 10/10.
>>
>>29887259

Yeah, probably Nightcrawler - I really liked it. It was a bit Patrick Bateman at times but eh I still enjoyed his performance in it.

I also would say Enemy and Zodiac are much better than Donnie Darko. In fact, if you want an ending that will leave you feeling like "what the fuck", Enemy is a pretty good film for that...
>>
>>29887317
Really wanted to watch it in cinema but had no sheckles, ill get it on blu ray soon.
>>
>>29887116
I'm pretty sure one part of the book that was shown in the movie explained this, but even without that, when you ask yourself what frank is you will come to the conclusion that he has to be some kind of guide for donnie to repair the damage in his timeline. i mean it's revealed that the actual human frank was some random dude from his party he just happened to kill so he probably had no idea about the whole time travel stuff so he had to be "posessed" by some entity that can guide donnie.
i admit i had to stop the movie to read these pages but they were a huge help, so if you didn't understand the plot you might want to read them if you missed it the first time.
http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.donnie-darko.de%2Fdonnie-darko%2Fphilosophy_of_time_travel_kapitel_7.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.donnie-darko.de%2Fphilosophy_of_time_travel.htm&h=451&w=300&tbnid=mdnaibosjiB2XM%3A&docid=HHl56QNSUiQ15M&ei=3S2EV_afCYWasgHJ04_gBQ&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1654&page=1&start=0&ndsp=45&ved=0ahUKEwi2gs-myuzNAhUFjSwKHcnpA1wQMwggKAEwAQ&bih=963&biw=1280
>>
I too love that movie.
To anyone saying that the movie does not contain all the info you need to get the plot, well, you are kinda right.
The theatrical release was faulty of that.
The director's cut contains picture of the book's chapters that actually explain the theory behind the plot.
>>
>>29887341
>an ending that will leave you feeling like "what the fuck"

Have you seen Oldboy?

By the end of the movie, there is no mystery left, but you will still be thinking "what the fuck".
>>
>>29887341
Thats a good shout, American Psycho is another great one.
and ive heard of zodiac but not enemy, ill look at both.
>>
>>29887365
>Really wanted to watch it in cinema but had no sheckles
it's still in theaters?

either way, it's on netflix, if you don't have netflix literally everyone around you does
>>
File: jennam.jpg (29 KB, 618x470) Image search: [Google]
jennam.jpg
29 KB, 618x470
>>29887215
i think the biggest reason donnie darko was a hit is due to jena malone. in the movie she was like the perfect qt gf for a mental case like donnie

without her the movie wouldn't have been that popular or good. donnie is mostly just a pre-emo dick head

>>29887365
nightcrawler is on netflix
>>
>>29887383
OP here, I've seen it, that movie's pretty disturbing, don't know about the 2013 (?) version.
>>
>>29887383
I have a huge watchlist and i keep pushing oldboy back, much like alien and good fellas.
im a huge film fan so i have so many movies to watch, vidya's to complete, books to read, tv shows to watch.
>>
File: 14051976_ori.jpg (143 KB, 448x313) Image search: [Google]
14051976_ori.jpg
143 KB, 448x313
>>29887440
>he hasn't watched goodfellas

ok you have got to be like 14

you're a funny guy anon
>>
>>29887395
Not in the UK my friend.
Like to both its not on netflix or in cinema in UK
>>
>>29887383

Haha, yes I have - as long as you mean the Korean original version... I haven't seen the American version. But it was a good film, yeah. I watched it around the same time as Battle Royale and decided there was something fucked up about oriental cinema.
>>
>>29887415
Yeah just said to someone else too, not in UK.
Britfags have shitty netflix and aint my account so cant change to american one.
>>
>>29887468
Been busy with vidya, was going to watch it last week but got taken off now tv (britfag)
>>
>>29887469
sounds like it's time to download or torrent it then

if you are fine with the poor quality and shitty buffering through streaming then here is a link you can watch it on

http://www.streamlord.com/watch-movie-nightcrawler-9.html

but I would recomend finding a dl link desu, this site always buffers and stutters for me
>>
>>29887392

The American Psycho book is also good. It's different enough from the film to be worth a read I think. Zodiac is a pretty solid movie, it's David Fincher so I mean, he can make good fucking movies. Enemy is probably a lot more risky a shout - people either seem to really like it or hate it. So, y'know, that recommendation comes with an asterisk. Not for everyone.
>>
>>29887439
>>29887470

I wasn't aware there was a non-korean version.

Might be worth a look.
>>
>>29887537
Nah if imma watch it i want good quality, thats why imma buy blu ray, or in fact, i could wait to watch it on now tv.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 640x963) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 640x963
Why is she so perfect?

I had a huge crush on her as a teenager.
>>
>>29887555
yeah, as long as its not too drawn out i probably should like it.
>>
>>29887440
>>29887468

Goodfellas is such a great film. It's the one I'd really recommend to anyone trying to understand films a bit more cause the use of technique in it is pretty obvious but still feels well used. That long one take shot is fucking gold.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x380
L I T E R A L L Y wife matieral
>>
>>29887579
Can relate dude, I wanted to kiss her hair so much...
>>
This is kind of off-topic, but...

In Silence of the Lambs, Jodie Foster was hot as fuck, but then, in Hannibal, it's like she survived cancer. What the fuck did she do to herself?

This has been bothering me for forever and I seem to be the only one who notices this.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 618x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 618x470
Thanks to DD one of my fantasies was for a new girl to come sit by me in class because she was forced to sit next to the guy who she found the cutest.
>>
>>29887624
Ive heard of the one long shot thing, my cousin reccomended but had to watch godfarther trilogy first.
>>
>>29887667
Jodie decided to try some dick and it scarred her for life.
>>
>>29887561

I don't know. For the most part I don't like remakes of films that are already great but occasionally it works (Scarface jumps to mind, but I've only seen the Al Pacino version not the original, but I've heard it was good). I don't know that an American studio would keep all the... details... from the original in. They might have toned it down.

But, I haven't seen it so I could be totally wrong. Didn't grab my interest though and I've too many other films to watch.
>>
File: f-35gt.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
f-35gt.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>29887677
>the qt new girl will never sit next to me

END MY SUFFERING FUCK SHIT FUCKFUCFCUK
>>
>>29887682

You could have probably skipped the last one in that trilogy.. Still, one and two are classics.
>>
>>29887806
Yeah i know, didnt feel really worth my time compared to the others. should have watched goodfellas instead.
>>
>>29887667

I think they wanted her character to be hardened somewhat in Hannibal. I read the books and saw the films. The shit that happened in Silence of the Lambs shook her up. So the director probably had her lose some weight for the third movie to attain that sort of 'hollowed out' look. Plus, well. Aging.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.