[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /r9k/ agree with based Mike Rowe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: rowe.jpg (339 KB, 2048x1724) Image search: [Google]
rowe.jpg
339 KB, 2048x1724
Does /r9k/ agree with based Mike Rowe?
>>
>>29885156
Take the C.U.C.K. pledge and be a good worker drone, goyim!
>>
>hurr just find another job
fuck that I've looked for months and they all require a degree. I'm in school but I'm still years away from graduating.
Wanna kill myself at work every day.
>>
>>29885156
no and there are several reasons why.

only one of those is the fact that he's probably made the majority of money in his bank account by hosting TV shows and yet he speaks of "hard work" like it's something he does.
>>
>>29885156
>I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time being born in America.
>I believe that I am a product of my choices - not my circumstances.

Classic lolbertard logic
>>
>>29885284
>life is not fair
>all people are born equal
>being born in America is winning the lottery
>we are products of our choices, not our circumstances
How anyone can read that list and regard that man as anything other than a disingenuous shylock that appeals to retards as Reddit incarnate is simply beyond me.
>>
File: 31.jpg (56 KB, 386x426) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
56 KB, 386x426
>>29885156
I wasn't born in the US and I don't agree to work like a slave so no, I wholeheartedly disagree with Mike Rowe.
>>
>>29885156
I hate american politics so fucking much.

Libtards just want free money and excuses for criminals and freeloaders. MUH TRAYVON MARTIN DINDU NUFFIN

Conservitards don't seem to understand that circumstances and external factors influence quality of life much more than willpower and work ethic.

It's like both sides are 100% the worst aspects of their perspectives and instead of one side arguing that things should be more fair and the other side arguing that people should take more personal responsibility, you have one side arguing that they are all special cases who should get without giving and the other side blaming people for being born in a shitty situation that's hard to escape.

This country is on fucking fire, man. There is no way to survive. I think I have to go stockpile dried food and ammo.
>>
Pretty much.

inb4 mad entitled neetshits who do nothing and complain about everything
>>
>>29885156
mexicans follow that code more than anyone.
>>
Mike Rowe's dad was a big on being a tradesman, so Rowe has it romanticized in his head. He thinks kids today are spoiled and need to start going to trade school instead of getting in lots of debt for some worthless degree. But Rowe has a fucking communications degree from some nowhere university that had to have cost him way too much. Outside of the laughable job roleplaying he does on his TV show, he's never done any hard work in his whole life. He's just one of those stupid salesman-types. All words, no substance.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (342 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
342 KB, 1095x1195
After working a low-end job way below my pay grade because no one else will hire me, I can say this attitude persists for a month before the realization and apathy sets in. Some stave it off longer, but it always catches up to them.
>>
File: 1468034692645.jpg (10 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1468034692645.jpg
10 KB, 224x225
>>29885156
>all people are created equal

Genetics don't real, only feels are real.
>>
there's nothing wrong with trades, but romanticizing it is just as retarded as thinking you are better than it.

they're just fucking jobs. important jobs, but just jobs.
>>
Quality of life is 100% luck.
>>
File: капитализм.jpg (1010 KB, 3112x3461) Image search: [Google]
капитализм.jpg
1010 KB, 3112x3461
>>29886392
talk like that causes communism

never forget the bootstraps
>>
>>29886451
>Capitalism is the god given way of deciding who's smart, and who's poor
>>
File: shopping with daddy.png (1 MB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
shopping with daddy.png
1 MB, 1200x600
>>29886464
not to mention moral, hardworking and frugal
>>
>>29886498
Eh - there are some spoiled shits

>t.spoiled shit

But at least my father worked hard in life, and wanted to give me and my brother the best lives we could have and it's his money so what's the alternative, ya know?
>>
File: erection.gif (883 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
erection.gif
883 KB, 250x250
>>29886600
T R I P L E D U B B S
>>
>>29886600
>so spoiled that his daddy buys him triple dubs
Rich scum.
>>
>>29885156
TL;DR - "Just shake the manager's hand!!!!!!"
>>
>tfw have no problem working
>wouldn't even mind doing manual labor
>it's impossible to find work like that without knowing someone

it's really making me think about joining the military since if I got in it's a guaranteed job pretty much and they have stuff to help find a job when you get out, or i could even be an officer

except I'm a closeted tranny and if I ever went into the military I would exacerbate slowly going crazy from not being a girl
>>
>>29886812
Tried that multiple times for 2 months now, didn't work on any occasion.
>>
File: classcucked.jpg (134 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
classcucked.jpg
134 KB, 500x329
but if you work hard enough you get to BE the boss

that's what makes our system so great
>>
>>29885542
Pretty sure conservatives know the truth. They just pretend. Think of the uprising across Europe where loads of royal families and aristocracies were torn down. Modern day aristocracies try to pretend they aren't what they are. This keeps the serf in line.
>>
>>29886915
No. If you backstab and steal opportunities, then you will move up and own the boot. Hard work won't do it.
>>
I don't want to be stepped on and I don't want to be the boot. Capitalists will say I'm just butthurt because I'm not "winning" but I don't want to play at all.

I just want to live a comfortable, secure life without other people having to suffer for it. There's nowhere for me.
>>
Every stance that assumes absolutes can easily be proven wrong. I doubt most hardworking people followed the SWEAT to get money, they screwed their employers via unions and jumped ship from job to job until they got a favorable position, moved, and saved.
This is just logic. Expecting the system to change for YOU is the abdication of freedom. If you're fine with submitting to government control then you can move to venezula where they have trouble getting toliet paper.
This system will get fixed in the future by technology, don't act like the minority can continue to hold on just because of wealth alone. They will get tricked out of it by robots eventually. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, read up on how the automatic trading in the stock market works.
The economy is actually rigged at the highest levels, and its not a secret at all.
>>
>>29886866
There's plenty of manual labour work maybe try leaving the house first anon
>>
>>29886866
Depending on your country, manual labour jobs are likely hidden behind agencies. Sign up to a few. You'll be a disposable slave, sure, but you won't be expected to kiss ass and suck dick.
>>
Is there a way to ensure everyone receives the bare minimum, yet those who strive for success can get it?

And maybe if someone is ready for change, he is not overburdened by previous obligations.
>>
File: 12c59a91.png (330 KB, 471x467) Image search: [Google]
12c59a91.png
330 KB, 471x467
The logical inconsistencies make the part about education fucking hilarious.

This is literally the C.U.C.K Pledge. (Can't Understand Creativity or Kikes).
>>
Not really, it's forcing you to become the horse in Animal Farm
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.