[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>adding "crippling" before whatever "mental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: distraughtmike.jpg (78 KB, 655x774) Image search: [Google]
distraughtmike.jpg
78 KB, 655x774
>adding "crippling" before whatever "mental illness" you have
>>
>>29884340
>adding "clinical"
>>
It's not funny >:( you have triggered my depression !
>>
>>29884340
>having a mental illness
I seriously hope you guys still don't do this.
>>
File: 1459973336779.png (65 KB, 506x608) Image search: [Google]
1459973336779.png
65 KB, 506x608
>currently visiting a psychologist btw
>>
Theres key differences between clinical and regular depression. Everything else is just bogus
>>
>adding 'bw' so it's 'BWAHAHA'
>>
File: images (8)-1.jpg (15 KB, 152x143) Image search: [Google]
images (8)-1.jpg
15 KB, 152x143
But if I don't specify that it's a serious problem that prevents me from functioning then you'll assume I'm some self-diagnosed tumblr normie who doesn't have any legitimate issues but thinks mental illnesses are quirky fashion statements to co-opt. Same thing if you were to tell me you have PTSD. If you don't specify and say that you got it from a combat tour in Afghanistan or whatever then I'll just assume you're some dumb faggot with brightly-colored hair who thinks PTSD is when people say mean words to you on the internet and that anyone who disagrees with you is being "triggering."

Mental illness has been devalued by normies to be an absolute joke. 70% of people on SSRIs for depression don't actually need them because they're not depressed in the slightest. Every Stacy cunt has "depression" now because she feels blue every once in a while, or "OCD" because she likes symmetry, or "social anxiety disorder" because she once felt awkward at a party before getting railed by the entire football team. Meanwhile, people who are actually depressed can't get out of bed or shower, people who actually have OCD are forced to spend hours on things like compulsively checking and rechecking the locks for the whole day, and people who actually have social anxiety disorder can't do something as simplr as get a carton of milk from the grocery store because they're too scared to go outside.

Imagine a support group for people with below-the-knee amputations who need wheelchairs to get around and can't do anything by themselves. Stacy waltzes in one day with a mild sprained ankle, says she "like, toooootally knows what everyone there is going through," and makes the whole session focus on her. It's insulting, demeaning, and causes the need for distinctions to be made.
>>
>>29884340
The average person who says they have "crippling depression" is a normie with good relationships with their friends and family.
>>
>>29884989
true, it's just a meme at this point. Like autism.
>>
File: 1468127897338.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1468127897338.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>adding three dots to the end of a question to make it seem ever so condescending
>>
>>29884340
I have crippling depression and by that I mean I often literally can not get out of bed and very rarely do I leave my house.
>>
>add "le" before the subject of interest in order to make it seem like a shitty Reddit meme that no self-respecting 4chan user should ever think about
>>
>>29884908
Even doctors in my shitty little town told me there was nothing wrong with me on 3 separate occasions cause of all the young people coming to cure their depression and shit.

I was untreated for Bipolar for enough time to get really bad. Now my life is ruined, I live day to day with basically nothing and no one in my life. My professional carrier and love life (which was pathetic to begin with) are gone, I can barely afford meds which I have to buy from US.
>>
>>29884340
>tfw didn't have this Mike Ross pic

Thanks OP
>>
>>29884340
>liked fallout 3
>now fallout is everywhere because 4 is cancerous
>hate seeing it now
>>
>>29884340
Most people can function.
Can cripples function? No.
Crippling anything causes people to not be able to take care of themselves.

t. Crippling depression I lost 25 pounds cause I wasn't eating
>>
File: vXSNTlE.gif (1 MB, 320x395) Image search: [Google]
vXSNTlE.gif
1 MB, 320x395
>>29885285
You'll like this one anon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.