[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really like The Simpsons :)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 950x534
I really like The Simpsons
:)
>>
File: tyV7beg.webm (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tyV7beg.webm
281 KB, 1280x720
>>29883262
good for you anon, it's good to have something you enjoy. here is a webm for you to also enjoy.
>>
me too anon. what's your favorite episode?
>>
>>29883262
I like this and family guy because it's comfy, diffrent story each episode, just watch it once a week.
>>
>>29883262
me too

season 10 and under is not only genius but supercomfy

season 1,2,3 are max comfiness
>>
>>29884114
I think, maybe The city of New York vs Homer Simpson. But there are so many excellent episodes it is hard to say for sure.
>>
>>29884161
family guy will never be in the same league as simpsons. people who did not grow up with simpsons only will never understand this.
>>
>>29886308
Family Guy can be funny, but the Simpsons has so many instances of not only being relevant, funny, having strong narratives and genuinely touching moments that I don't believe any cartoon has ever hit its heights.
>>
>>29886290
I really like Homer's Phobia, it's The Simpsons with fucking John Waters what's not to love?

>>29884161
Yeah their problems are usually just silly things and nothing really serious

>>29886308
It was pretty decent in the first few seasons but it always felt like an imitation. It has its own identity now but it's terrible.
>>
>>29886379
Yeah Homer's phobia was excellent. And poignant too
>>
>>29886290
me too! although You Only Move Twice is a close second.

have you watched the newer seasons or did you kind of tune out past s10?
>>
>>29886524
Not who you asked, but I think the the newer seasons are typical shit. They're not peak Simpson's but they're fairly average sitcom TV. The celebrity episodes are still the worst things I've ever seen though.
>>
>>29886697
the celebrity ones are the worst (lady gaga, elon musk) but i still tune in to the new episodes. most of the charm and wit is gone but there's still some humor that gets me

i kinda wish the producers would have gone in a bit more serious direction after the comedy died but oh well
>>
>>29884161
Family Guy is like comedic speed.
It's funny and quick to make completely off-topic jokes, but the animation and art style are completely atrocious. It all looks like Goanimate.
>>
>>29883262

I always check when the Simpsons are on fx since they always have mini-marathons since their original "every simpsons ever" marathon when they got the rights to it.

Any episodes after season 15 I literally will not watch.

Any episodes before season 9 I drop everything and watch.

In fact, I'm watching it right now.
>>
>>29886524
I've watched quite a lot of the newer seasons (not every episode). I was surprised by the quality of them considering all the negative attention they get, they're definitely not as consistent, often the narratives are weak and they do lack the poignancy of the earlier Simpsons' seasons, but they're still pretty funny consistently, and occasionally still come out with a really enjoyable narrative.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.