[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Before you love someone else, you need to learn how to love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1452586555899.png (87 KB, 180x176) Image search: [Google]
1452586555899.png
87 KB, 180x176
>Before you love someone else, you need to learn how to love yourself.
>>
>>29880646
Yeah, it's bullshit. People who love themselves are uber-normies that consistently receive social, romantic and sexual validation.
>>
>>29880670
How would you believe what your significant other says about you if you can't accept that you're an alright person? That relationship is bound to crumble.
>>
>>29880697

Don't even bother. This thread is about confirming eachother's neurosis to feed our anger glands so we can justify our isolation, not facts.

Fag.
>>
>>29880697
People who find themselves in relationships don't feel like that, they're very assured of themselves
>>
>>29880761

He tells himself, feeling most intelligent.
>>
This is just americanised pseudo-intellectuslism from watching too many shitty drama shows on tv. Loads of self loathers are in relationships
>>
What does it mean to "love yourself"?

Does it mean to think you're better than other people?
>>
>>29880840
Being the opposite of what r9k is
>>
>>29880795
nah I hate myself anon, i'm aware I'm incapable of getting a gf
>>
Normie advice, most relationships are between two people who hate themselves and enable each other's shit.
>>
>>29880840

Also, can you truly "love yourself" if you don't believe in "self"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fajfkO_X0l0
>>
>>29880840
I think it means being honest alongside your own ideals and virtues and acknowledging the flaws and benefits these carry
>>
File: let the sunshine in.jpg (933 KB, 2561x1441) Image search: [Google]
let the sunshine in.jpg
933 KB, 2561x1441
loving oneself begets narcissism

what one really needs is first to be shown acceptance, care and concern - and to be given a sense of worth; which they can then invest in others

and of course, telling someone you value and accept them is an expression of Love - so before you can love someone else, you need to be loved

sadly most of us on here come from dysfunctional backgrounds where we weren't given a sense of legitimate worth and acceptance; so it's very hard to express care for others, especially when we hardly care for ourselves

so for what it's worth, i accept you just as you are anon - and while that's often unpleasant - i still value you as an 'imago dei' and consider your life a sacred thing that should not be further crushed

and since i represent jesus, if one of his lowly servants can think this way about you, imagine how much worth the infinite one places on you
>>
>>29880840

Being true to yourself and accepting who you are
>>
>>29880850
What? but ive been loving myself for the past 12 hours masturbating.
>>
>>29881374
>tfw so isolated and depressed I don't even know who I am any more

it's like my personality has evaporated
>>
>>29880840
>>29880840
accept what you are, respect yourself and your body, realize what you're virtues and flaws are, work on it.
Believing you're superior to everyone else is narcissism
>>
>tfw no qt relationship where you both hate yourself but make up for it by loving each other
>>
>>29882476
fuck that's what I want too anon

i honestly think if i had a gf i'd be so motivated to do things. right now, i see no point in life
>>
It's hard to love myself if I see that everybody else just ignores me and considers me romantically worthless.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.