[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
death of parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
both of my parents died recently, ive been really depressed about it.
everything in my room is a reminder of them.

today i turned on my mom's phone and read through old texts she had with me.

any robots experience parental death? how are u holding up?
>>
Dad died 10 years ago, when I was 13. Couldn't get up from bed to go the funeral. Last year I mustered the courage to go to the graveyard and I wept so much. Can't even remember his face anymore. Nor his voice. Time helps friend.
>>
>today i turned on my mom's phone and read through old texts she had with me.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Don't do that. Delete that shit and get a therapist anon.

This is #RealAnonTalk that is out of 4chan's depth. The people here are not your friends. They're not here to help you for real. Go get some autismbux and get a shrink.
>>
That's tragic anon.

There's nothing I can say that will make the situation better but try to take some solace in the fact that everything that reminds you of them will bring you comfort one day.

How did they die?
>>
>>29879621
Rip in peace mom and dad anon. Sorry dude. I lost my grandmother on December 21 2012. The irony in that is that my parents were really fucked up and my grandma was the only sense of normal o had in my life. The irony of her dying on that date kills me. Honestly everything seems to have stopped then. Idk. I miss her so much. In sorry to say that this is something you'll never get over. But try to keep going. Love you pham
>>
>>29879621
i'm sorry to hear that dude, I really am

are you planning on killing yourself? Is there anything holding you back any longer now?
>>
I'm so sorry, OP.

My mom died nine years ago, when I was 15.

Like they say, it doesn't get better, but it gets easier. You'll want to find someone to talk to about this with when you're ready.

And as hard as it's going to be (this also will have to come when you're ready), you're going to want to rearrange your room. Put away a lot of the stuff that reminds you of them. Because even though it's tough, living right alongside their memory 24/7 will break you down inside.

My dad refused, absolutely refused to let go of any of my mom's things and would get violently angry if we touched her stuff or moved anything around. He kept the flowers from the funeral for over a year. When they started dying, I started throwing them away and he kicked the shit out of me for touching them. So we just had this horrible room in the house that reeked of decay and dead flowers, with her picture in the middle of it.

It's better to let go, in the long run. Of course it's too soon for all of that right now.

I do still have some of her things, but I keep them in a special container and only look at them every once in awhile when I'm really missing her.

Again, my condolences OP. I wish I could give you a hug.
>>
>>29879621
I feel for you buddy, my dad died a few years ago. I know your pain, but yours is even worse.. All I can say is that time helps. It gets easier to live with, since it's /r9k/ I assume you don't have a GF or that many friends, but please do your best to not be alone 24/7. I understand you want to, but try to spend at least an hour with family or friends. If you don't have any decent family or friends, god rest your soul..
>>
It gets easier but not a day goes by without thinking of them. Chin up bro
>>
I lost my brother just a week before his college graduation. I had already bought him some weaboo presents (I wasn't into it and was hard to find).

I didn't cry that week. I cried when I saw he texted me over Steam.
"Anooon, I'm wondering that if you come here and we're together we could play some Dark Souls. We never played it and sounds fun even of we have to share the controller."

I had the temptation to say "him" that if you can't even save your real life how will you try to pass that fucking game. I mean, like really, man.....
>>
>>29879621
Very sorry to hear that anon. You will always have us at least. I don't really know what to say, but i hope you will be ok..
>>
>>29880358
>I had the temptation to say "him" that if you can't even save your real life how will you try to pass that fucking game. I mean, like really, man.....

Did you mean that in sense that it's not possible to "save" in real life or that he failed at life? Did he commit suicide?
>>
>>29879621
How old are you...? Tell me more about your life.
>>
My mother is probably going to die in the next few months or years. I don't want to think how horrible the time after will be. I don't think my dad can handle it.
>>
File: 1457002851002.jpg (9 KB, 350x221) Image search: [Google]
1457002851002.jpg
9 KB, 350x221
my mom died 9 months ago. im only 18 so its really the first time I had to deal with such a situation, and of my most beloved person too. I know this sounds sentimental, but I think I didnt realise what death is until she died. good luck to you anon, I dont know what I would do if both of my parents died, as I am a complete sonbasket. good thing my dad still takes care of me.
>>
>>29880645
More like "he failed me at life". You gotta understand this like if we had some kind of contract, so we have a reason to "save ourselves in life". He was my reason, I was his reason. Like we would never let the other be alone. Of course, this is stupid in a rational way.

He passed away on a traffic accident (passenger) as he was coming from some students party (I knew he didn't like to party but faked it to be with some guys he considered good acquaitances).
>>
I really like one thing about 4chan. If someone goes in a feels trip like this nobody comments anything bad or insensitive even tho every one of you on this site are absolute degenerates. That I can really respect from others.
>>
Once my parents are gone I'm going to an hero for sure. Literally have nothing else in my life going for me and being a KHV there's no point in staying alive.

Sorry OP
>>
I think we care too much about ourselves so we can't see how much they care about us everyday. If they didn't, we won't be sad when they left.
>>
File: 1468161761441.png (281 KB, 535x466) Image search: [Google]
1468161761441.png
281 KB, 535x466
>mother neglected me as a child.
>she lost custody of me when I was 11
>get sent to abusive biological father
>grow up in misery
>mother is now 45 and diagnosed with throat cancer
>I get throat cancer shortly after
>finally call her
>we both are actually soul mates, and mourne together.

We will both die together. I love you mom.
>>
>>29881213
How long until death?
>>
>>29881107
op here
i used to think that if my parents died id just kill myself. now it's actually happened and the situation has been so surreal i havent yet decided to go through with it. just wallow in depression watching the rest of my life go to shit.

age 16, both died in a car accident while i was at school. ive had to move in with extended family who i don't like. ive lost what little friends ive had because of the move, making me even more sad.
>>
File: 093.jpg (262 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
262 KB, 650x842
>>29881213
aw anon that made me legit sad. Makes me wish I wasn't a disappointing burden on my parents. Without them I don't know what the fuck I'd do
>>
op here again.
something thats been really bothering me a lot is that my dad was always so good and sweet to me. looking back on certain memories i was a selfish retard. also, my last convo with him was on the phone and i was mad at him. i didnt say that i loved him.

even every time when we were mad at each other, i still said i loved him just to be sure. the one time i didnt, he dies. how fucked is that?
>>
>>29881542
Sorry to hear that anon. I guess I might not have the courage to go through with it either. Do you have any hope for a future?
>>
>>29881707
no
i used to do well in school to please my parents. they were my motivation.

now school seems to be completely useless, a waste of time. i have no motivation to complete it, i want to drop out
>>
File: glirch bitch.jpg (10 KB, 160x212) Image search: [Google]
glirch bitch.jpg
10 KB, 160x212
My dad died last September. I remember walking in the house and my (foster) parents sat me down and delivered the bad news. At first i was upset at what could have been, hadn't seen him in over 10 years, but then the sadness turned to anger as i remembered how much of a cunt he was. godd times.
>>
>dad just asked me if i wanted to go up with him in thehills to test his new gun sights.
>don't like driving so i tell him i have a stomache ache. (Half truth)
Are you trying to make me feel guilty
>>
>>29882427
if your father is alive and well, and you have a good relationship with him, make the most of it, some of us dont have that.
>>
>>29879621
>today i turned on my mom's phone and read through old texts she had with me
Fuck man, that gave me horrible chills. You'll pull through, anon, just stop torturing yourself with their memories.
>>
My parents both passed away as well OP. It's hard. If you were lucky enough to have decent parents, this world will forever be lonelier without them. You'll never get that kind of love from anyone else, it's gone forever. But it gets easier. I think about my parents every day and it hurts like hell but you gotta keep going, and try to believe you'll see them again someday.

Don't try to fight the grief but do allow yourself to "forget" it for a little while every day. Do something normal, play a game or read a book or talk with a friend, preoccupy yourself. Allow yourself to laugh at things too. I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>29879621
Dad died exactly 3 months ago.
He was a dick so I literally did not give a single fuck about him. Like...I even imagined myself murdering him with my own hands.
Still was a pretty big...shock. Can't even imagine how someone that actually loved his parent felt.
>>
did you find anything else on her phone, like nudes?

please share them. it will be cathartic for you, frend. =)
>>
>>29883758
Fuck off you worthless piece of underage trash.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.