[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/unemployment/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 22
File: 1433783371313.gif (107 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1433783371313.gif
107 KB, 500x357
Who else is unemployed here?

Got laid off two months ago, nothing good has come.

Gotten rejection emails only, that's it.

How's your hunt going, robots?
>>
>>29879244
I've been unemployed for 5 years.

>How's yuor hunting going, robots?
Hunting for what?
>>
>>29879263
What caused you to become unemployed?
>>
>>29879334
I'm a shut-in
>>
It's been ten months since I got fired from a wagecuck job and I've only had one interview so far. I drew a blank at "name a time when you went out of your way to help somebody"
>>
>>29879244
2 years unemployed here
cause i m hikikomori / NEET
>>
6 years of unemployed neetdom

get on my level
>>
I'm going onto 2 years
Lack of jobs and license kills any chances of getting anything period
>>
>>29879359
What a stupid fucking question, why would that ever be relevant in any situation. 99,9999% of people will pull an answer to that kind of question from out of their ass, that's just a bait question designed to accomplish a certain goal, but in reality, does the exact opposite.

Do they really ask shit like this in interviews?
>>
>>29879359
I would just lie.

>>29879419
Where do you reside?

>>29879590
Yes, for jobs where you interact with customers, they do.
>>
>>29879636
Canada and i'm heavily considering leaving it to find jobs or something elsewhere
>>
>>29879690
Where would you consider going?
>>
>>29879244
If you can't find a job, just move somewhere where unemployment is low. I'm starting to get emails from job recruiters now and I see help wanted signs everywhere because unemployment is so low. Businesses can't find enough people to hire.
>>
>>29879711
Well anywhere that i'm not gonna get shot for being white and has English speakers either minority or a majority still looking for that perfect country because i'm planning into the future i don't want to move to my supposed dream country to find out it's contaminated with the Muslim sjw scourge lack of jobs worthless currency/economy that plagues this shithole
>>
Unemployed for nearly 3 months now, fucked up on interviews and turned down a couple of interviews after deciding it was too far (more accurate would be I'm too lazy to travel for over 1 hr).

Got a phone interview tomorrow but after looking up the place it seems like it might be too far, I don't want to spend nearly an hour on a train to central London every day.
>>
File: 4081637191.png (22 KB, 248x227) Image search: [Google]
4081637191.png
22 KB, 248x227
Quit my job in April because they switched my position to something I had no training in/wasn't qualified for at all, they rushed my training (supposed to be 2 weeks they did in 3 days because lol no time), got put in a position that deals with large crowds and children. I went fucking insane from the social anxiety it was causing me and I was a depressed mess every time I had to clock in. I figured it wasn't worth it so I gave up.
Been unemployed ever since.
I get some weeks were I want out of this hell hole and will apply to jobs, "real jobs" and not part time wage slave retail bullshit because I just can't do that anymore.
I tried to get a job where I could go abroad but that blew up in my face and then I went into a huge depressed state for the past few months with no reachable end in sight.
But today I'm doing a lot of research so I can write a good cover letter for a job that could literally save my life.
>>
>>29879733
Where are you living? Where I live, people outnumber jobs by 400:1.

>>29879791
Not sure what to tell you there man.

>>29879792
I was in a similar situation too. I got a job offer from a company two hours away without any traffic/train disruptions.

I turned it down.

I regret it but I cannot commute for 4-5 hours a day for the next 3-4 years.
>>
>>29879244
Just got fired today, was unemployed for 6 months, found a great job under IT Network admin with awesome stoner boss. Ended up telling me im not smart enough for the work there
>>
>>29879833
What was your job exactly?
>>
>>29879847
Why wouldn't you move if it means getting a job
>>
>>29879912
I worked at Disney World in one of the resorts doing a vacation planing/concierge/front office job and then they said that because of cutbacks at the company (because of the new park in Shanghai) everyone's hours would be cut and some people would be moved to a different job. I got moved to park operations in attractions, operating rides and keeping the queue moving. The people in the parks treat all the employees like shit and when I told my manager about my social anxiety they just shrugged and said I could go on break if I wanted. Every day it got worse and worse when children would yell at me or someone would lie to a supervisor about something I didn't actually do. The ride controls were easy but the people in the queues trying to fight me every five minutes just kind of gave me a lot of panic attacks.
It's a shame because I really liked the first job they had me at but then they threw me into the chaos without preparing me at all and expected me to live up to their superior standards.
>>
>>29879960
They don't pay me enough.

I live near New York, nothing is cheap here. In order to live in a non-crime infested area, I would I have to make minimum 75k/year. I'm entry level, I only make 35-38k/yr.

Impossible to live, even with roommates.
>>
File: 1464873036557.jpg (110 KB, 640x701) Image search: [Google]
1464873036557.jpg
110 KB, 640x701
I have been unemployed since May and only yesterday have I started to send out resumes and look for work. I tried joining the Airforce but they told me to fuck off as all they are hiring are engineers and minorities/women.

>there is enough work in my province and surrounding area however it is all wagecuck work (retail, unskilled labour, etc.).
>I am actually skilled labour and have a lot of experience in my career path so I am just holding out for something somewhat decent.
>>
Unemployed since March, fuck does it feel great to be NEET.
>>
File: 1468158706642.webm (448 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1468158706642.webm
448 KB, 1280x720
Whats a good job for a robot?

I got fired from whole foods because I didnt do anything. I need a job soon.
>>
>>29880374
What did you do before?
>>
>>29879244
on summer break from uni

so far only working as a host at a restaurant fri/sat nights

applying to a lot of restaurant jobs on craigslist but since im only here for the summer im not getting any responses
>>
>>29879590
grocery stores apparently do
>>
>>29880818

Worked at a Home Depot warehouse
>>
>>29879636
I'm a horrible liar
>>
File: 1457666900978.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457666900978.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
Got laid off last week.

Milking this as long as I can until my mom gets pissed at me for not getting another job.
>>
Never been employed. Doing a 3-year bachelor's in law in 5 years due to my own stupidity and careless planning.
>>
File: 1430634907074.png (29 KB, 398x394) Image search: [Google]
1430634907074.png
29 KB, 398x394
>>29879244
going on about 2 years now
it's not going very good guys
>>
>>29881415
I hope it works out okay!

>>29881485
I'm sorry Anon.
>>
>>29879590

Yeah, but it's a little deeper than pure bullshit. If you're not very empathic, it can come across in what you pick for an example. If you're a bit narcissist/sociopathic, that comes across too.
>>
>HOW DO I GET A SUMMER JOB
HOW DO I GET A SUMMER JOB
>>
>>29881564

Work for an agency. Those cucks are desperate for employees
>>
File: 1462676995468-r9k.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1462676995468-r9k.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1125
sitting in the lobby at a massive solar panel plant waiting for my interview
pray for me :3
>>
>>29881564

Apply to a retail place or grocery store. They have high turnover rates so they're always looking for people. Just don't be a sperg in the interview
>>
File: spurdo32.png (111 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
spurdo32.png
111 KB, 600x500
NEET for 3 month now, but I dropped out of school so I wasted 3 years and got no money and I have no qualification. and in germany its nearly inpossible to get a job with this shit
>>
>>29879244
Hey OP, I will be in the same boat as you soon. I will lost my job at the end of August, I keep applying but I have only gotten rejections and one phone interview. I am starting to panic, my job is all that keeps me from going full robot.

nice dubs btw.
>>
File: thisisfine.jpg (59 KB, 592x282) Image search: [Google]
thisisfine.jpg
59 KB, 592x282
>>29879244
Nothing, not even rejections for 4 months. Then suddenly Interview last friday, call back this morning, and I'm thinking official offer this afternoon.

When it happens, it happens fast. Now I'm just panicking in anxiety.
>>
I worked at a job making good money but got sick of working so I applied for some comfy jobs in a totally unrelated field. 4 applications sent out, 2 set up interviews, one set up a second interview, and the place that did only one interview gave me an offer first so I went with that after the second interview showed that the place likes to play games. The pay is shit, but it's not like I'm working that much either. I don't understand the bad economy meme. Every job I've gotten easily. Are you guys writing a resume and cover letter? Did you remember to leave out the ponies and wipe the tendie stains off? I would post the my little resume but sjw mods are shitheads here.
>>
File: 1400310668675.png (338 KB, 504x580) Image search: [Google]
1400310668675.png
338 KB, 504x580
>>29879244
Failed to get a job before final exams and haven't applied to any more yet because I need to get an updated transcript. I think by this point I'm fucked already.
>>
File: 1467692591309.png (161 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1467692591309.png
161 KB, 299x299
>tfw too scared of the interview and not being able to answer questions to apply for anywhere
>>
File: 1465160197646.png (185 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
1465160197646.png
185 KB, 500x644
>>29882757
>tfw too retarded to get even invited to an interview
>>
is anyone getting interviews anymore. I feel like when they say the economy is doing well and there a jobs its just a stupid meme. I have had no luck at all in getting even interviews, it fucking sucks.

So tell me robots have you at least gotten an interview, i dont even care about a job in the last year?
>>
Still looking for one, been asking my mom if she could ask her boss to hire me too so we can working together
>>
>>29879244
most of the people in this thread are saying they havent had a job in months, you guys think that's abnormal? You'd expect most of the people here to never have had a job but it sounds like most of you are well off.
Anybody wanna explain their predicament so this makes more sense?
>>
im not unemployed ask me for tips
>>
>>29881587
WHAT THE FUCK IS AN AGENCY

YOU WANT ME TO WORK FOR THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29879244
Last job was 3 years ago and it was hell that paid jack shit but my mom is looking into getting me a part time thing now
>>
>>29879359
Last time I did that I jumped and grabbed a runaway doggo with his owner chasing him
>>
>>29879590
>99,9999% of people will pull an answer to that kind of question from out of their ass
thats the point. if you can't think on your feet they don't want you. get it ?
>>
I just got a job working at a habitat for humanity resale store, it's kind of like Goodwill but they deal with reselling tools, house appliances, hardware, etc. It's a somewhat small store but pretty comfy and the manager is super chill so I'm kind of looking forward to it. Also it's only a part time job, I'll be working about 20 hours a week but damn I haven't worked in a year.

I'm kind of nervous, but it's nice to find a job finally. I've been looking for two months with no success, and at least I'll be getting out of the house now and making some money, maybe this will help with my depression. I hope I make some friends! But I am kind of nervous, I think that's a given, most people are usually nervous on their first day at a new job.
>>
only qt girls get the good short term jobs like working in bars and restaurants, retail etc

and if you say those are bad jobs, you have clearly no experience.
>>
>>29883527
charities use volunteers for that dont they
>>
>>29883570
You can volunteer at the restore but you have to set it up with the manager beforehand I believe, and they only allow you to volunteer like one or two times a week.

I don't know much about how it all works, I don't know if charities use volunteers for it or not. Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization, they don't make a lot of money in the first place, that's why I kind of compared it to Goodwill.
>>
>>29879873
>Ended up telling me im not smart enough for the work there

I would have been pissed as fuck, probably would have cussed him out or something. What a prick thing to say to someone "Oh sorry anon you're not smart enough to work here or do this job."
>>
best way to get a job is to have one. nothing tells an employer to hire you better than the fact that someone in a similar position already did.

take anything to get into that position.

I applied for a part time position on the idea that fewer people would want it since it doesn;t pay enough to live on. they would need to have a better off partner so that narrows it down.

turned out full time vacancy opened up while I was there and got another interview lined up with a different employer.

not to boast. it;s not a great job and I'm not that happy with it it's still low wage shit but there's hope. I was unemployed for months after fluffing my studies
>>
>>29883597
well is yours paid or voluntary ?

one i worked in we were volunteers and they used one manager across a range of stores

paid voluntary sector work would be hard but always felt it would be comfy and satisfying compared to being on big bucks for glaxo or something
>>
File: 1feel26.png (311 KB, 439x456) Image search: [Google]
1feel26.png
311 KB, 439x456
>dropped out of community college
>got a job filling boxes with wood
>hip and knee hurt so bad, crippling pain
>go to doctor
>find out I have arthritis on both hips and knee
>had to quit the job because the pain was unbearable
>tfw can't stand in one spot for too long
>almost fall when I walk because my leg gives out
I have been going to the gym and lifting with the kettelbell and I feel a great improvement. I'm going back to school and finish my degree. I'm going to get test the waters in engineering next semester. I'm 26 and HKV neet no friends.
>>
>>29883689
this is a fucking meme. I have a job right now, a pretty good one working IT for a college and no one is giving me any interviews. Experience doesn't count for shit, having a job doesn't mean shit, all that matters is if you know enough chads or stacys to get you a job.

we are fucked robots.
>>
>>29883741
I'm a paid employee, I start tomorrow and just got hired today. And yes there is only one manager at this store, the store itself is pretty small but it's a cozy atmosphere. It's not as intimidating as working in a big box store like Lowe's or Home Depot so pretty good place for a robot or someone like myself with social anxiety.

The smaller/cozy stores are always more relaxed.
>>
>>29883790
nice but the comfy stuff is the first to go when the board notices you're not making enough money.
>>
to everyone itt,

git gud
>>
>>29879359
Is "sometimes I but hobos 40s" a reasonable answer?
>>
>>29883765
>all that matters is if you know enough chads or stacys to get you a job.

So the better at networking you are, they higher chance of getting a job? Who would have guessed it. I mean, no shit if you know 1,000 people then you'll have better chances in life, that's a given. Since most people on /r9k/ have no friends and know barely a dozen people at best they don't get the opportunities and chances that someone who knows 1,000 people would get.

Even I know that the more people you know in life the better your opportunities and chances are, whether it's getting a job, girlfriend, or just fun opportunities to travel or go somewhere.

>>29883833
Yeah but this is Habitat for Humanity we're talking about and the manager said her particular store is understaffed and they need more employees anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 907x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 907x704
Been graduated for over a year with a decent degree but only worked in two crappy retail jobs since and I quit them both.

Only distinguishable office related skill I have really is being able to type somewhat fast and being experienced with using the Internet. Wish I could go back in time and be a comfy typewriter woman in those big typewriter rooms. That's my only idea of a dream job...I dunno what else to do.
>>
I've had like 5 interviews in the past 5 months but I failed pretty much every one. I just can't communicate with people and always fuck up my words.
>>
>>29883996
>I wish I could shitpost for a living
>>
>>29883996
whats your wpm?
>>
>>29884172
Over 9000

ORIGINAL FUCKING COMMENTO
>>
You guys need to put your age & work experience. I'm pretty sure you guys are just messing around with not being finding a job or are applying to jobs you don't know jack shit to
>>
>>29879244
I've been out of the game for 2 months.
Donating blood and selling my stuff to stay afloat.

I'm tired and I fucking hate working. I'm trying to hit full hobo status but my peers are making it difficult.

Getting a job is pretty easy for me. I hit an open interview and sell myself. Worked every time ive tried. I just dont want to work.
>>
>>29880377
lol I was just watching Marn this morning. Love the retard
>>
>>29884028

Just take adderall. When I take it there's no anxiety, words just effortlessly flow. Don't take so much you tweak and ramble like a loon. 10mg is enough to get you in smart mode, and 20mg will have you wired.

After my boss find out I take adderall he was really interested in me. I've been put in charge of more and more duties. I could probably get an administrative position if I wasn't going for something else. Assistant manager sounds like a bitch position but it's unofficial so I get a lot of leeway with scheduling and he doesn't mind if I fuck around once I get everything done. Other jobs I had want you to look busy, getting ht ejob done is on the bottom of their priorities. My current guy has the big picture in mind and knows what is good for the company. I do slack off more than I should, but I work harder than anyone else too. If the job gets done what more can they want? If they want me to give it my all they'd need to pay me a bit more than $12/hr, and it's just not worth it when they know I'm only going to be there another year at most. Getting the job is easy. Keeping it is easy too. I got my first raise when I said I was accepting a job at another company. Make yourself valuable and they'll find you valuable. Think of yourself as an asset. It's not what the company can do for you, but what you can do for the company, or another company. I may be a little narcissistic but I know my worth and my goals in life.
>>
I have a job and I want to fucking die every day. Fuck my job, fuck working, fuck leaving the house. I JUST WANT TO BE UNEMPLOYED REE
>>
holy fuck i cant find a job anywhere
I should have joined the military when i had the chance (before 2 mental hospital stays)
>>
>>29884276

Work experience is obviously something to put down but age is best avoided. Leave it to the guys imagination. Research shows young men make better management than older people but some are biased against young guys. Likewise some are biased against older guys and wonder why they set their sights so low. It's always best to be as vague as possible, leave a little something to the imagination. People are very good at justifying and filling in the blanks to make the world appear as they want.
>>
>>29884203
fucking autists

not original at all
>>
>>29884451
Thanks man I'll have to consider it.
>>
I have a job doing tech support for Apple from home. Shockingly good money, I don't have to leave my epic man cave, I get to fuck around on the Internet/PS/PSO all day while helping people unlock iPhones and get paid for it. Life is good.
>>
>>29879873
>found a great job under IT Network admin with awesome stoner boss
How? I want an IT job so bad, but I have no idea how to go about it. Are compTIA good?
>>
I wish we could go back to getting a job with a good handshake.

>do a petco application
>they want you to do a fucking IQ test, personality test
>for a fucking pet store

ridiculous
>>
>>29884172
That other comment wasn't mine obviously. Around 80ish when I do those silly online tests.
>>
>>29885083
fucking normies

is that with numbers or without?
>>
>Get wagecuck job
>sit in cubicle all day and do boring fucking paperwork
>bitch next to my cubicle loudest on the floor
>irritating, nasally voice that penetrates my ears
>try to block her out with headphones and earbuds
>can still hear her
>never shuts the fuck up about anything
>even when on the phone she's loud as FUCK
>can't focus

I hate this so fucking much. I just want to be a NEET again.
>>
>>29885252
hey anon do you want to kiss me? come here bby
>>
>>29885252
At least you get your own cubicle, open office is hell on Earth.
>>
>>29881663
Employers hate employing students for the reason that they feel they are superior to the job and the managers. As if it's only a petty stop gap to pay the college bills before they graduate and get a "real" job.
>>
>>29879244

I quit my shitty retail job a few months back. Haven't even started looking for a new job.
>>
>>29879244
i drop out anon after 3 times trying to get to university.
my meme parents hate me and i don't know what to do
>>
File: image.gif (49 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
49 KB, 460x460
>>29885116
Without, just typing a shit load of random words basically. I'm not a typing enthusiast or anything so I guessing someone will tell me theirs is 150 and I should top myself.

My life skills boil down to sitting at a computer for long periods of time clicking, typing, using Google and being able to write decent assignments a day before the deadline at uni. Never ever known what job to do.
>>
>>29883118
I haven't even got anyone to reply to my emails. Save for some companies automated thank you for your application robot, which is somewhat ironic
>>
File: 1467847612109.jpg (50 KB, 674x864) Image search: [Google]
1467847612109.jpg
50 KB, 674x864
>>29885372

True; but this woman works at the wall facing my cubicle and is always chatting, and I'm dumb and slow so I have to actually focus on my work to avoid fucking up (I also haven't been doing it for like 20 goddamned years like she has). I hate annoying noises more than anything in the world; they irritate me to the point that I can feel my body tense up in fear of the next hideous cacophony. Everyone else is so quiet, but this woman is SO fucking LOUD.

How do normies work so goddamn much a day 5 days a week? I want out of the wagecuck life!

>>29885275

Why would I kiss you nerd?
>>
File: 1455316340895.png (208 KB, 351x331) Image search: [Google]
1455316340895.png
208 KB, 351x331
>mfw started a "real" job 3 weeks ago

My attitude went from
>Poor me, why can't I find a job in my industry? It's obviously the baby boomers' fault, why don't those old fucks just die? The city's economy is terrible anyway. Get into the trades they said. That's bullshit, It's all a meme.
to
>Huh, I got a job. I'm a working man now. Fuck these freeloading hippies, why don't they just put in some hard work like I did? Trump is honestly the best candidate in the race right now. I enjoy talking to my coworkers about how great a president he would be, and how great out country would be without foreigners.
>>
File: 1451956756657.jpg (105 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
1451956756657.jpg
105 KB, 600x877
I just walked out early at my fast food job and haven't went in in about a week now. I'm not sure if I still have a job or not, they haven't called or anything
>>
>>29883118

You have to remember they don't count people who stopped looking for jobs
>>
File: 1460333574708.gif (996 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
1460333574708.gif
996 KB, 500x398
>>29887063
>mfw I started my first 'real" job just 3 weeks ago

>went from

>poor me

to

>Oh god please kill me, no one should have to work in an office ever, the Unabomber was right about everything

I don't care about politics anymore, though; that shit is nothing but posturing and entertainment.
>>
>has been applying for jobs since feb
>has only been getting rejection emails
>one day in april i get a call from petsmart for an interview
>hope.jpg
>the interviewer lady really liked me, and started showing me what a normal day would look like and tasks i would complete
>mfw it's a small store where not a lot of people go
>mfw i get an interview the next day with the boss and the interview goes okay
>doesn't get the job
>still doesnt have a job
>>
Getting fired is the worst feeling in the world. I was canned because of browsing /pol/. Apparently it was my second warning even though I never was even verbally scolded. HR tried to frame it as if I was some kind of sex freak creeper and at the meeting I was presented with screenshots of some panty theif thread. It's bullshit and I know for a fact that they purposefully didn't let me know about the first warning so they could have an easy excuse to get me out. I've been in a shitty warehouse job since then. I think all the comfy office jobs are no go because they probably say all kinds of bullshit when they call my previous employer. I fucking hate women so much. Every HR associate deserves a slow painful death.
>>
about 11 months unemployed. Only managed to get a couple of interviews. Last one was over a week ago and I haven't heard back yet.
>>
>>29888833
u diserved it desu. y cant pol scum just browse reddit or kill themselves.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.