[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is smoking the secret to making friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: social-smoking.jpg (201 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
social-smoking.jpg
201 KB, 1200x800
I started smoking cigars a month ago and it's insane how much other smokers will start talking to you. I can sit at the bar all day and nobody will say a word to me, but have people introducing themselves within minutes of walking into a smoking patio. I even got a qt phone number the other day. Is smoking the key to normiefication?
>>
>>29878966
social smoking maybe, but it is easy to get addicted, I usually try to not smoke more than one evening within 2 weeks.
>>
>>29878966
No, but it's an accurate sign that announces your intelligence.
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 233x217
>>29878966
Not really normies fucking hate smokers but they all do it when they're with friends picking up smoking is only gonna make you more of a robot
>>
no, but drinking alcohol is
>>
>>29878966
if you're shy it seems like yes it could be a good way
it's very good to help you know new people even if you are competent

never worked in an office but i already hate the fact i wouldn't have an excuse to go on cig break
>>
>>29878966
Yes! But generally not cigars.. Try vaping?
>>
Smoking is pretty much a shit-tier way to get nicotine.

Lozenges are easy, cheap...you get the nicotine benefits without the carcinogens and nobody even knows you're using them.

But, sure, it's a hobby and it can get you some attention. It can also give you cancer. Keep that in mind.

I hope you're at least smoking good cigars and not trash-tier machine-made cigars like Garcia y Vegas.
>>
>>29878966
I've been smoking for four years, went to bars by myself about five times.
Only one guy ever spoke to me and he was either way too drunk or high on something.
>take my glass outside
>random guy walking past asks me for a cigarette
>always share the cancer with fellow smokers
>he goes in and buys himself a beer
>comes out and talks to me about the importance of recycling
>about how the past shapes the future
>just listen to him, don't mind at all
>tries to make me talk about football (soccer for freedom people)
>i don't watch it
>says he's getting another beer and goes inside
>finish mine and walk back home
Maybe i went to the wrong type of bars, there's mostly depressed middle-aged men there, but it's those comfy old bars that still smell like very old wooden furniture imbued with tobacco smoke.
>>29879145
>mouth fedoras
Do you even get a high in the morning when smoking for the first time after 12 hours of sleep?
>>
>>29878966
It helps social interactions, even if you are with non-smokers (as in, during smoking, there's a pretty high chance you are going to small-talk with the one you brought outside with yourself).

But no, it's not going to magically blast you into normiehood.
>>
That bitch got a wonky ass eye
>>
>>29880404
It just looks like a man in general.
>>
>>29878966
OP you finally find out how to befriend normies. Throughout my entire 6years in HS I only made "friends in my class" (not amerifag and people here are divided into classes of 30 people of the same age that take all the subjects together, there were 4 other 30 people classes of my peers another 5 classes of one year younger and so on)
I never get to know other people and never attended a party or anything. The last year before graduation I started smoking a bit and my classmate told me to go outside during the breaks. I got to know other normies and although I mostly stand silently during the whole year I feel like the part of the smoking community and they invite me to parties and shit.
I am also not addicted despite smoking a whole year now, the "you'll become addicted in a sec" is a meme. I was a month without a cigarette and didn't feel anything. I buy a pack when I am supposed to meet with some people (usually from the smoking group, they also smoke weed and I smoke too so we talk about that; I still hate them they are fucking normies that browse r/Trees and make stupid "le pineapple express is the best movie" remarks but it feels nice)
It is a great thing for robots as when in a social interaction I just light a cigarrete, I can focus my mind on that and also don't worry about what to do with my hands and don't have to respond right away. Also I spoke to them about how I act on weed, that I become thoughtful and even more silent and they respect that. They then mostly think I am high all the time even though I am jist anxious or something but it is good to feel respected a bit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.