[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow robots, I am in a dilemma and need some help. So
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: animalsduck.jpg (23 KB, 700x709) Image search: [Google]
animalsduck.jpg
23 KB, 700x709
Hello fellow robots, I am in a dilemma and need some help.

So last night my mom's friend was put in hospice and she found out while my family and I were at a party. She was calm throughout the party, and then when she got she let it all out (as expected.) I hugged her and comforted her, and left to go to one of my friends house to play Pokemon Go with them.

So about a half hour later my sister texted me and said things were getting out of hand at home. My mom was screaming at my dad, throwing beer bottles and iced tea gallons at my siblings, and threaten to divorce. This isn't the first time this type of behaviour has happened, she does this about every two months.

I rushed home but most of the mayhem was over by then. I went into her room and told her if something like this happens one more that I will call the police.

This morning she texted me saying not to threaten her or she will throw me out of the house (I'm 20 attending university and home for the summer) My brother and sister have been crying all morning because they are afraid of her returning home from work. I don't know what to do guys. Could the police help at all?
>>
>mother needs emotional support
>manchild son leaves to play pokemon go
you fucked up OP
>>
>>29876494
Yeah i was expecting this kind of reply

I'm actually a normie, and me and my bros have been playing pokemon since we were five. But anyway this was when my mom went upstairs to her room, so I was pretty sure she was going to bed. So I left. Little did I know that she came back downstairs and started tormenting my family.
>>
>>29876494
The reason she said she'll throw me out actually has nothing to do with going to my friends house last night, it was because I "threatened" her
>>
File: oF2o8vf.png (546 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
oF2o8vf.png
546 KB, 667x1000
>>29876533
Good you fucking normie, you deserve what you get.

Bullshit aside, you need to figure out how to tell your mom you're not threatening her when you say you'd call the police but that you're worried about her safety and the safety of your dad/siblings.

Don't go out and play pokemon GO you fucking faggot, cook some fucking dinner or some shit to force everyone together in a non-hostile setting. Also bumping with more ducks and family themed images.
>>
>Could the police help at all?

Not unless someone's life is in immediate danger.

Otherwise you're just going to make the whole situation much, much worse.
>>
>>29876611
Like you think I haven't already tried that?

Shit like this has been happening since I was 10. I've tried my best to have my mom cooperate with everyone and make peace, but it just never works. She ignores it and just screams. I forgot to mention in the OP that she also has a drinking problem.
>>
>>29876738
Ok fair enough OP, in this case it seems like you need to talk to your mom in private, try to figure out what's happening to her friend. Family is shit and I'd rather hang with my friends and in this case at least she would be drinking socially in good company if she were to go out.

From personal experience drinking around family is a minefield for problematic drinkers. Not sure if my advice is too helpful though, as a cyborg I'm only half-human and couldn't follow my own advice.
>>
File: waHfDTo.jpg (53 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
waHfDTo.jpg
53 KB, 500x250
Well OP, there is a way...
>>
>>29877078
Nah I'm not a fucking coward
>>
>>29876878
I already know what happened to her friend. He is a family friend of ours.

I really can't explain what's going on with my family over text, but I can try by saying that me, my siblings, and my dad are powerless against her. This is why I am looking for outside help.
>>
>>29877229
I guess if she's serious about a divorce, then your mother and father need to have a serious talk about it but that would likely spark a shitstorm. Especially since this has been going on for 10 years and your siblings are old enough to understand this may be for the best.

I definitively don't have any solid answers but this isn't a matter of power, it's a matter of family cohesion and figuring out what is going to be the most realistic outcome.

Pouring a shot right now for OP hoping he can find peace in his family.
>>
One thing I've noticed with mothers and throw out threats - they're bluffs. Act on it, just be like "Okay bye" and watch her beg for you back.

Mothers can't thrive without their sons. Call the police, just say "Alright throw me out, but if you do, I'm adding it to the police report."
Put yourself above her.
>>
>>29877229
Put her in the position of losing everything. If she keeps going, then just have her lose everything. By threatening to throw you out, she's done the same thing.
>>
>>29876468
it will prolly be fine anon. people tend to avoid confrontation. If she does freak out again, don't panic and try to calm her down. If it doen't help you could call the police
>>
>>29877229
>me, my siblings, and my dad are powerless against her

Why? Why isn't your dad putting his foot down and telling her to behave?

Is he an invalid or something?
>>
All of you, together, need to contact authorities if you want anyone to try and make sure you don't get thrown out. Otherwise she's "the owner of the house" and it doesn't matter how crazy she is, she can kick you out. She probably can kick you all out anyway, but might single you out because you told her you'd do it.
>>
>>29877732
Bullshit my friend's mother threatened to kill him. He has nowhere to go. A LOT of people's moms are complete pieces of shit. They don't deserve pity.
>>
>>29878916
He's probably just a retarded cuck who infantilizes her behavior instead of jeopardizing her kid's health. He would fuck her even if his kid were on the street.
>>
How old are your siblings, OP?

Hope this is original.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.