[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at the doctors >my dr (female, early 30's) had brought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: we-have-to-go-back-kate-thumb.jpg (15 KB, 270x305) Image search: [Google]
we-have-to-go-back-kate-thumb.jpg
15 KB, 270x305
>at the doctors
>my dr (female, early 30's) had brought me in for a "mental health plan" as I haven't had a review in years or perhaps just seemed flat in my last appointment for something else
>she asks me lots of questions about my mood, motivation, job, childhood, family history
>willingly answer, explain my childhood was difficult but I've worked past issues, I work, play sport etc
>after appointment, I made the mistake of reading the referral letter she gave me to give to the psychiatrist
> "depression major, precipitating factors:poor social supports, isolation. perpetuating factors: isolation"
>I swear to god she never asked me about any friends or if I'm in a relationship, I never said as such and I barely know her as a doctor
>she just assumed I'm isolated, lonely and an outcast
>I am, but I thought I at least masked it
>feelsbadman.png
>>
>>29875270
Doctors are a waste of time they just refer you to each other to make money its a scam
>>
>>29875289
I agree and have no intention of seeing a psychiatrist because I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars to rehash my issues for no good reason.

At least there's some upside to my dr feeling sorry for me because she doesn't charge me anymore.
>>
>>29875270
As a doctor I can tell you that we know, from the way people look, behave, where they are in life, which questions they dodge. We know because we see a hundred or more in a week so we can tell when someone deviates
>>
>>29875378
Get fucked you make shit up so you can refer us to your friends and make more money same with all the fucked up drugs you prescribe so people become dependent on you
>>
>>29875413
Then don't come to my consultation genius
>>
>>29875270
Sounds like she's a good GP desu, most doctors are too lazy to even include a proper formulation with precipitating and perpetuating factors in their diagnosis.

>>29875289
From the Mental Health Care Plan I'm assuming OP is Australian. He would have been referred to a psychologist (not a psychiatrist) and won't pay a cent.

>>29875378
>As a doctor
For reals though, why are you here?
>>
>>29875378
ok but I feel like I have developed my social skills, I pay attention to appearance, hygiene etc... like I was dressed in business attire, showered, clean etc because it was before work. Like I can understand if I was covered in flies with hair that had never been washed and I was wearing my best autistic outfit but I just
Even in her notes it said my demeanour was casual and relaxed, good insight, perception etc etc so it hurts
Just like when I has friends at university, and I lived with 4 other people in my class yet one of my lecturers said in front of the class I was "the most likely to be autistic"
>>
>>29875512
Thanks anon, I mean she is very caring I know that.

And yep I'm Australian, what is with these mental health plans? I'm not too familiar. I went for a gastric problem and she told me to come back for a mental health plan in a week.

It's a private paying place but she bulk bills me I suppose she feels sorry for me even though I work a professional job.
>>
>>29875539
Mental health care plans are just a way of keeping track of what you're doing, as far as I know, it's easy for doctors to track where you're going and who you're seeing if it's all on a plan that they can access from your GP, instead of having to try to piece it together from records.

Also, I imagine if you got referred to a mental health professional at all, you've complained of things that can't be reasonably explained by anything else.

Just go see the person (nearly definitely a psychologist), tell them that you don't understand why you're here and they'll likely explain to some degree.
>>
>>29875539
Mental health care plans are just a medicare program giving extra funding to help improve access to mental health services.
Basically just boils down to having up to 10 individual sessions free with a psychologist or other mental health professional, and up to 10 group sessions. Not all psychologists will bulkbill (see you free) but I would just ask your GP to only refer you to someone who will, there's nowhere in Aus where you can't find a bulkbilling psych if you're on a MHCP.
>>
>>29875517
But your doctor is right, correct? So what's the issue here?
>>
>>29875697
Thanks anon, I will do that.
>>29875714
ahh ok I understand a bit more now. Thanks anon.
>>29875753
The issue is that I didn't mention anything about having no friends, she just ascertained that from her own assumptions... I didn't mention anything remotely to suggest it.
>>
>>29875270
>doctor could tell some things about OP without asking, which turned out to be correct
>OP is angry because she didn't specifically ask about those things
>>
>>29876456
I'm not angry for a minute. Can you understand how it would be unnerving to be branded as socially isolated without ever being asked about the subject? Just by being with me for 30 minutes she decided I was socially isolated, with no friends or social supports. There's got to be something that makes her so sure of that without asking and it's kind of upsetting considering I don't broadcast my issues and try to seem well adjusted.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.