[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are internet friends worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: nc78hgqPoW1qkv5xlo1_500.gif (37 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
nc78hgqPoW1qkv5xlo1_500.gif
37 KB, 500x346
Are internet friends worth it?
>>
they are like real friends except you can pretend to be offline when you dont want to talk to them
>>
How do people make friends on r9k ? or are we talking other platforms like games etc.
>>
File: 1467937774301.jpg (2 MB, 1300x1561) Image search: [Google]
1467937774301.jpg
2 MB, 1300x1561
I don't know, I don't have many experiences with internet friends.
>>
>>29875200
OK thanks for your contribution to the thread
>>
>>29875034
There are its ups and downs. Sometimes internet friends are great for people who can't socialize well irl, and it's nice having someone to talk to and is always there for you, but on the other hand communication may lack because you won't be able to tell what they are really thinking or feeling over Skype and you will need to accept the fact you will never be as important to them as people on real life because they can see those people regularly while you you won't help them with real life struggles. Great for shallow friendships, tho.
>>29875061
Top kek. Guilty.
>>29875172
There are threads for steam friends or rabbit streaming and even if you make a thread crying about how lonely you are it's most certain some faggots will give yiu their kik or steam accounts or something. Godspeed, anon.
>>
One of the most valued person I know is an internet friend
>>
File: _74605798_dwarf2.jpg (47 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_74605798_dwarf2.jpg
47 KB, 624x351
They join a discord or skype group
https://discord.gg/HzFYC
>>
>>29875034
friends are overrated origaralli
>>
Internet friends are PERFECT for people that can't socialize well or have problems being alone when they don't want to be. Like >>29875297 said though, you likely won't be as important to them as their real life friends, and this only makes sense. It depends though. I've been friends with one guy for about 15 or so years online, and we've talked eachother through thick and thin. Both of us have flat out said we're our best friends too, and over those years we've only met in person twice.

Another important thing about online friends is you can moderately control your interaction with them too. Only comfortable with text? Just tell them you can't do voice because no mic/whatever. Want to do voice? Ask them for it. Webcams too? Sure ask that if you want. This level of interaction that you can control is also a VERY good stepping stone tool, and can help you break out of your shell a little. Years ago I was incredibly socially inept and couldn't speak to people at all. Laugh if you want, but I readily acknowledge the fact because I had gotten a microphone to communicate with my WoW guild, it helped me a lot to becoming more comfortable in being able to speak to people. I'm still socially awkward, but at least I can answer the telephone and/or carry conversations in person now if I have to.
>>
>>29875034
I've had some. I got really close to them. Let them hear my voice, see my face etc. We would teamspeak nearly everyday. Good times. Guess they woke up one day and decided they didn't want to be my friend tho. Whatever. It's better this way anyway.
>>
>>29875034
>think i should get some online friends
>help a robot through depression on omegle
>he wants to talk to me every day now
>he insists I read his tl;dr depressive stories
>he talks about how shit his life is for hours and wants me to learn every bit of it
>I don't respond for a while
>"dude where have you been all week??"
>"i wanted to talk to you"
>"whats up?"
>never respond

fuck friendship and fuck all of you /r9k/.
>>
File: 1464102109352.jpg (109 KB, 966x620) Image search: [Google]
1464102109352.jpg
109 KB, 966x620
>>29875828

>fuck all of you
>after one shitty robot friend
>>
>>29875034
They're worth it if y have some activity you do together other than just skyping. Back in the day I made some great frinds on XBL.
>>
>>29875828
fuck you too anon
>>
looking for a pen pal via skype
anyone?
>>
>>29875172
I met a lot of my friends on omegle threads. I'm currently meeting up with tow girls and a guy I met through omegle in November.
>>
>>29876165
What's your user famalam?
>>
>>29876289
just a sec
tell me yours
>>
>>29876352
Not comfortable telling it on the internet kek
>>
dont do lewd things with them like sending lewd pictures or lewd talk

it'll only create drama
>>
Better than no friends I guess
>>
File: 1467828107456.gif (320 KB, 280x480) Image search: [Google]
1467828107456.gif
320 KB, 280x480
>>29876545
Humans crave drama. It's a good thing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.