[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you do when everything you try doesn't work? serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1457823229163s.jpg (4 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
1457823229163s.jpg
4 KB, 166x250
what do you do when everything you try doesn't work?

serious question
>>
You either keep trying or give up. I'm at the end of my rope with the "keep trying" part.
>>
File: 1424382157942s.jpg (4 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1424382157942s.jpg
4 KB, 124x124
>>29874442
i feel iv exhausted all the usual normie advice and need to try more drastic or alternative measures now
>>
I usually try to figure out how I'm living my life or look at the world is wrong.
Like a few hours ago I was thinking I'm not happy living at my parents house. I always thought that.
I'm fine enough here when nobody else is around.
Basically I got to thinking why not just leave on the weekend or something, find a cheap motel or camping or something to stay at. It's fucking boring sitting around in a motel or a camp site but getting to thinking about it even boring stuff like that just improves my attitude and motivation to do shit I know I need to do.
>>
>>29874543
good idea. i feel my problems are more philosophical (life is also shit, and i feel you about living with parents), and i can't seem to solve them, or think about anything else until i've solved them. mainly nihilism and that we die so nothing actually matters. this is an obvious fact, but good luck talking about it with anyone still alive or not depressed
>>
>>29874481
Try shrooms.
Grab your balls, go camping in forest, or go easy mode and camp on beach.
>>
>>29874436
If everything you do doesn't work, just try to do something that doesn't work, and it will work.
>>
>answer the question 'is x an actual problem' honestly - if not, let it be
>focus on things that are most easily achievable (while improving your life/attitude/situation substantially)
>try a different approach
>ask someone for advice
>ask someone for help
>celebrate even minor achievements

there's more but i'm tired
>>
I choose apathy
>>
>>29874605
Yeah I suppose it is sort of philosophical problems to an extent. Like most of my problems historically has been a lack of monetary funds and I didn't have the right mindset or support to go get it.
Really none of the philosophic rationalizing in the world could of got through to me to solve that otherwise it would of. It was just a phase of life where I decided fuck it I'm not living this way anymore.

When I get really depressed I think about how I came up with a plan to get rich quick or an hero because I'd possibly be so fucked if it doesn't work out that there wouldn't be any other option.

Maybe that's just me though I like to rub my dick on expensive shit as ninja would put it.
>>
>>29874436
You do what you have to, whatever it is.
>>
Wish I was dead, start making plans to die, immediately grow fearful over the implications of those plans
>>
>>29874753
i dont want anything, but i dont want to be like this either. i wish i had the desire for money or girls and i believed it would make me happy and solve my problems, but i just cant believe that. just another thing to amuse ourselves whilst we wait for death.
>>
Sometimes I try to do things and it just doesn't work out the way I wanted to.
I get real frustrated and I try hard to do it and I take my time and it doesn't work out the way I wanted to.
It's like I concentrate real hard and it doesn't work out.
Everything I do and everything I try never turns out.
It's like I need time to figure these things out.
But there's always someone there going.

Hey Mike:
You know we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately.
You know, maybe you should get away and maybe you should talk about it, maybe you'll feel a lot better

And I go:
No it's okay, you know I'll figure it out, just leave me alone I'll figure it out.
You know I'll just work by myself.

And they go:
Well you know if you want to talk about it I'll be here you know and you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it.

And I go:
No I don't want to I'm okay, I'll figure it out myself and they just keep bugging me and they just keep bugging me and it builds up inside and it builds up inside.

So you're gonna be institutionalized
You'll come out brainwashed with bloodshot eyes
You won't have any say
They'll brainwash you until you see their way.
>>
>>29874816
I think that too sometimes when I'm not making money.
One of the jobs I found and the MRT courses during it helped quite a bit.

I don't know about the girls bit. Like can you imagine if you had a family. Why in the fuck would anyone want a kid just imagine what they could turn out to be. It's like you're 50% of all the required parties responsible for instilling discipline and philosophy of turning that creature into a functional adult that doesn't want to kill itself. I'm not really interested in doing that even if I were mostly sure I could do that and have a reasonably good chance at succeeding in them not turning out as a total human piece of shit even though the bar is set pretty low for that.
>>
>>29874875
> can you imagine if you had a family
yeh. i don't want kids, im an anti-natalist and i dont think robots should have kids anyway
>>
>>29874983
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an anti-natalist. Ignoring if I could afford to start a family if I were going to weight up the pros and cons it just doesn't seem like there is as much in favor of pro's.
Not that I know any females with the qualities I would think are necessary to want to do that sort of thing.

I prefer to focus on making money that thinking about stuff like this. I live with my parents, don't want to move a girl in here anyway under most circumstances I think would be going on. So it's all rather moot anyway.
>>
>>29874442
Once you're done with the rope pass it to me so I can end it.
>>
>>29874436
Does really *everything* you try not work 100%?
There are probably still lessons you can learn. And maybe there is progress on some level.

If you settle on a perception of reality that "nothing ever works", you'll stop engaging.

I struggle with this myself. I get so identified with failing (it's kind of comforting to say I'm a failure) that I can overlook when I make progress or something positive happens. It takes time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.