[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just came back from a trip to Peru, and my sleep schedule is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 17
File: lisa p1.jpg (101 KB, 602x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p1.jpg
101 KB, 602x693
I just came back from a trip to Peru, and my sleep schedule is all messed up, and I'm bored and don't need to "wake up" for work for another 4 hours.

Ask me anything.
>>
go back to sleep torn
>>
>>29874066
how do you fix your sleep schedule

ive been trying to stay up the whole day but I always pass out in my chair
>>
File: lisa p2.jpg (100 KB, 604x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p2.jpg
100 KB, 604x693
>>29874076
I go by Eddy

>>29874101
When I first arrived from the airport at 4pm, I had only had 4 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours, so I crashed as soon as I got home and woke up at 4am. Since I work, my plan is to just force my body to stay sharp with caffeine, then go to sleep at 10pm the earliest.

Usually I go to sleep around 11, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to get up at 6am without feeling tired. I'll use this as an opportunity.

As to how to stay awake in your situation, i'd recommend going somewhere where you cannot just pass out in your chair. Maybe out in the city or forest, somewhere that if you get tired, you still need to travel a few hours home until it's 10pm and you can sleep then. Also remember to set up your alarm at 6 or 7 and have something planned to do so you don't keep napping the day away.
>>
File: lisa p3.jpg (99 KB, 603x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p3.jpg
99 KB, 603x693
Guys it's still very quiet here and my age of mythology download is still at 40%, let's talk about anything.
>>
Uhm, what did you do in Peru, OP?
>>
File: lisa p4.jpg (117 KB, 605x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p4.jpg
117 KB, 605x693
>>29874477
>>29874477
Thanks for indulging me
I went to see family, I also traveled a bit to the mountains and to the desert, didn't have time to go to the jungle or beaches but that can be saved for another trip.

I was lucky that a few friends were having parties during the time I was there, so I was just piggy backing on their plans to hang out with strangers and make a few friends.

If you are ever traveling to south america, the best advice I can give to you is bring as much alcohol as you can. Foreign beers are hard to find, and non-rum alcohol is usually 120% the price in the US, and champagne is usually 300% the price. A bottle of even moet ($40 in the US, $200+ in Peru) will go a long way to making a great first impression with distant relatives or hosts you wish to thank for their gratitude.

I'd also recommend learning a few cocktails that involve foreign beers/alcohol, most of the people I met at parties knew baileys but not Guinness, and introducing their first irish carbomb was a fun experience.
>>
>>29874609

That sounds like a bomb ass trip. Thanks for the tips.

I've always wanted to visit South America. Peru for the ancient sites, and Colombia because I work with a woman who is from there and has been asking me to go with her when she visits her mom.

Also, screw you for making me want an Irish Carbomb.
>>
File: lisa p5.jpg (111 KB, 605x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p5.jpg
111 KB, 605x693
>>29874662
Wait a second, I know you.
From omegle.
After hearing about your colombian coworker for the first time I mentioned all I know about colombia is the dark skinned people are in bogota and the light skinned ones in medellin and cartagena.
That was you right?
>>
>>29874830

I don't think so? What else do you recall from the conversation?

I don't frequent Omegle, but it's possible. I might have been drunk at the time.
>>
File: lisa p6.jpg (122 KB, 605x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p6.jpg
122 KB, 605x693
>>29874851
it may have been about a month ago, we talked about where we live in the US, the lakes, you mentioned a lake that was kind of unkept so it wasn't that pleasant to visit, we also talked about my gf that wanted to work as a chef for a hotel, we finished it off by recommending some Anime to each other. I asked you to give gurren lagann another chance, and you suggested FLCL

FLCL really messed with me by the way, great suggestion, if that was you. If not then check it out, 6 episodes only, very accessible for a new viewer.
>>
>>29874978

That was me. How funny.

Still haven't set aside time for Gurren Lagann, maybe that's how I'll spend my day.

I'm glad you liked FLCL. It's definitely a favorite of mine.
>>
>>29875007
I figured, you are the only person I've met that works with someone from colombia who also wants them to come visit. Make sure you bring champagne guiness and baileys, everything else you can find for a somewhat reasonable price all things considered.

i must say I lost the email you gave me that one time, I wanted to write to you as soon as I finished FLCL. I still can't make up my mind about which girl was the best for him, but then again maybe I'm just asking the wrong question. I remember leaning more towards the smart classmate, just because she was a peer of similar age without such strong baggage. I'm glad it ends as soon as it starts, i can't imagine a sequel that doesn't just ruin everything.
>>
File: lisa p7.jpg (102 KB, 605x693) Image search: [Google]
lisa p7.jpg
102 KB, 605x693
>>29875117
forgot my attachment
>>
>>29875117

I will keep that in mind. Thanks, anon. Hopefully we'll head down there after this Christmas. I really want to meet her mom in person, she's always sending me cheap jewelry and other cute little presents.

Yeah, I didn't think either girl was ideal for him.

Apparently, there will be a second season. I'm cautiously optimistic for it. I think it's supposed to take place with a different main character, but I'm not sure.

If you still want it:
[email protected]
>>
WHAT ARE THOSE FUCKING PICTURES I DONG CARE ABOUT PERU YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
who's your favorite spongebob character and why?
>>
>>29875162
I'm not sure how to receive it. On the one hand, if it's on a different universe so to speak with a new main character that falls under similar circumstances, I feel like the story is spoiled as we know the twist.

If it's around the same protagonist and they try to give us closure about past events, everything is ruined.

Nevertheless I'd watch it hahaha.

>>29875195
It's a story.

>>29875228
I liked the starfish, because he always seemed so loyal and naive and full of wonder. I don't watch that show so I don't remember his name. He lives under a rock next to bob.
>>
File: lisa p8.jpg (93 KB, 605x694) Image search: [Google]
lisa p8.jpg
93 KB, 605x694
>>29875279
>>29875195
ffs i keep forgetting my attachments
>>
>>29875287
Do you know if it's legit?
>>
File: lisa p9.jpg (99 KB, 605x694) Image search: [Google]
lisa p9.jpg
99 KB, 605x694
>>29875293
These are actual pictures from an actual diary written by actual child hands.
>>
>>29875279

I'm definitely going to watch it. We'll have to exchange notes.
>>
File: lisa p10.jpg (124 KB, 605x694) Image search: [Google]
lisa p10.jpg
124 KB, 605x694
>>29875324
definitely.

I'm currently unpacking my luggage. Not all of the gifts I brought made it in one piece, which saddens me a bit. I wish I had my phone to take a picture, but I lost it in Peru in an Uber ride that won't pick up my call for some reason. It was such a nice phone, only had it for 6 months, kinda annoyed by it.

>>29875293
This is the last picture I have.
>>
>>29875456

That's a shame. I've been lucky thus far with traveling, so far my gifts have all survived. What kind of stuff did you bring back?
>>
File: 1258651721436.png (570 KB, 1071x526) Image search: [Google]
1258651721436.png
570 KB, 1071x526
>>29874066
I'm in the same boat as you OP.

I spent 3 weeks in Japan, came back Saturday night at midnight, now my shit's all fucked up. I got work in....2.5 hours when I'm supposed to "wake up".
>>
File: night terror p1.jpg (137 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
night terror p1.jpg
137 KB, 500x680
>>29875554
Yeah it was such a dumb loss, i even noticed it was missing and gave the back seat a quick check, but then figured I may have left it at the apartment I rented. I should have checked harder.

It's hard for me to buy souveniers, because I hate giving out keychains, but at the same time it's not appropriate to give really nice gifts to everyone. I brought some cotton scarfs, some alpacha sweaters and coats, a lot of chocolate and liquor (mostly pisco and a couple bottes of sweet wine), some peruvian mayo that is really hard to find in the US, 12 ceramic dolls for good luck called ekekos, and some wooden crafts that are my favorite.

there's 4 big wooden pieces that come as a set, but i'm going to give out to different people. One of the sets came damaged, it's packed so I cannot see the damage but I hear the loose piece in there. The other 3 came unharmed. One of the ekekos lost its foot in the trip, easy to fix but you'll be able to see the fracture. Everything else arrived safely.

>>29875596
3 weeks in japan? What brought you there? How was it? tell us about it. Don't worry, after a couple days of being at work chugging coffee to stay awake, you'll be able to fix your schedule without having to jump through hoops. Just don't take a nap before 11pm.
>>
>>29875300
it's creepypasta fakeshit you colossal mong
>>
File: night terror p2.jpg (157 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
night terror p2.jpg
157 KB, 500x682
>>29875768
no man it really happened, these images were actually hand drawn
>>
>>29875749

Those sound like some awesome gifts. I struggle with picking out souvenirs for people, too. If I'm getting something for someone I work with, I'll feel pressure to get something for everyone at work so that nobody's left out. Then end up spending way more than I should.

I wish I could see what the ekekos look like, they sound cool.
>>
>>29875808
Keep going, I want to see the next part. Hurry. My cock is pulsating.
>>
>>29875827
I wanna see if he kills or rapes her.
>>
File: night terror p3.jpg (152 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
night terror p3.jpg
152 KB, 500x682
>>29875817
Yeah exactly, I work with a team of 11 + me, so at first I thought when my boss came back from a trip, she only brought us a box of nasty sand tasting handcrafted candy from Iran. So I figured I'd just get the same, but then it just doesn't feel right, because most of those guys are family to me, so little by little I began to add to the list. I also got a couple of duffle bags made of alpaca for two of my coworkers to use as "gym bags" as a joke, but they are nice bags I'm sure they can use them. I tried not to spend more than $10 per person, which goes a long way in Peru, but again that's $110, just on gifts for one group of people. I wanted to get more, but I ran out of time, so I just bought ekekos in bulk to fill in the gaps.

>>29875827
>>29875916
Take a wild guess
>>
>>29875969
>He was going to rape her

As predicted.
>>
>>29875969

That's really nice of you.

I feel the same way about my co-workers. When you work with the same crew for a long time, it does start to seem familial.

I looked up the ekekos on Google. They seem interesting, admittedly kind of creepy haha. Definitely something people would get a kick out of though.
>>
File: night terror p4.jpg (140 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
night terror p4.jpg
140 KB, 500x682
>>29875999
the nip slip in the 2nd panel kind of give is it away
>>
File: night terror p5.jpg (148 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
night terror p5.jpg
148 KB, 500x682
>>29876113
Yeah I'm excited to give the gifts to them, I go to work in 90 minutes so soon. My favorite coworker is also on vacation in Peru, he just got married and decided to do some charity work there with his new wife as a honey moon for some reason, so I'll have to wait a couple weeks to see his reaction to the gifts.

Very well then, I'm going to get ready for work and head out, thank you for keeping me company, and it was great reconnecting with you again!
>>
>>29876259

I'm sure everyone will love the gifts.

And you're welcome; thank you for keeping me company while I'm at home sick. Have a good day at work!
>>
>>29876259

OP, does this mean you won't be posting any more of the comic??

demanding sauce
>>
File: index2.jpg (4 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
index2.jpg
4 KB, 244x206
>>29876259
sauce is in demand ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.