[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normie things you don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: craftbeer.jpg (253 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
craftbeer.jpg
253 KB, 615x400
I don't get beer. It tastes like shit. It makes you feel bloated. I always hear people say "ah yes a nice cold beer on a hot day" but this makes no sense, beer dehydrates you, it's not refreshing whatsoever.
>>
>>29873605
I enjoy beer and I find it refreshing for a few minutes. Every time I open a beer after a few weeks of not drinking and I take my first sip, I can't help but chug a few gulps before i stop myself because i want to savor it. I really enjoy the flavor of a good beer.
>>
it gets u drunk dipshit
>>
>>29873605
people have different tastes i guess, i also hate beer
>>
>>29873605
It's bittersweet. But no one would drink it if it didn't get you drunk.

>drinking is normie

No it's not. Although, cheap liquor is a better robot drink.
>>
beer keeps me buzzed longer

I actually sort of like the taste now
>>
It's tendies for normies.
>>
>>29873605
I really like beer with matching foods, like pizza or hot dogs. I like pretty much all types of alcohol in general really (not socially, of source) and not just because it gets me drunk. I try not to get drunk anymore. Can't really explain it anon. It's really off putting at first.

It's great if you don't like it though. Don't get started... it's not good for you. People will make fun of you and call you a wuss or whatever. It's stupid. If you claimed instead that you used to be an alcoholic and that you managed to stop, they'd respect it then. Whatever.
>>
When I was drunk the other day beer actually tasted pretty damn good.

Otherwise I just chug it down in a desperate fashion and don't give a fuck about the taste.

Also, I like the feeling it gives me when I am drunk. If I get drunk via whiskey or something like that I'm not as energetic and happy as when I am on beer.
>>
>It tastes like shit.

Subjective.

>It makes you feel bloated.

That doesn't really happen to me if I'm only drinking one or two beers.

>I always hear people say "ah yes a nice cold beer on a hot day" but this makes no sense, beer dehydrates you, it's not refreshing whatsoever.

In small quantities it actually may have a hydrating effect better than water.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/10/scientists-suggest-beer-after-workout/

Of course if you're drinking a lot the alcohol will dehydrate you worse than drinking nothing at all.
>>
>>29873798
Man I cannot do any kind of alcohol with any kind of food at all, it just tastes like absolute shit. Beer with dogs, burgers, etc. is disgusting and ruins the taste of both for me. Wine, even really nice wine, with steak or pasta is equally nasty. I don't know how people do it. I have to drink water between booze and food if I'm forced into drinking during a meal
>>
>>29873605
I thought beer tasted like shit until i opened my palate.
If you started drinking beer at a younger age when your palate is just developing you'd have a much different opinion than currently.
basically, stop being a fucking bitch.
>>
>>29873731

>It's bittersweet. But no one would drink it if it didn't get you drunk.

I totally would.
>>
My coffee is always sugarless, strong and black so, I like bitterness. But carbonation plus bitterness is just disgusting.
To me, beer tastes like the aftertaste of puking.
>>
>>29873605
Beer is great. Having a little buzz start to creep up on you. It's an acquired taste, lot of different beer out there and some people are very choosey about which beers they'll drink.
Drinking a few beers usually feels really good for me until I run out of beer to sip on or get depressed and fall asleep.
>>
>>29873663
it gets normies drunk, fucking normies
>>
Beer is definitely an acquired taste. I used to hate it but now I love it.
>>
I don't think its so much as I don't 'get' it as I just don't enjoy it.
I tried wine once, I think I got a little drunk and I liked the feeling. I think thats why most people drink, that and the sugar obviously.
Most of the things normies are into have some mix of sugar, caffeine, hydrogenated veggie oils, and alcohol.
these are the normie approved drugs. Cigarettes used to be but now they got shamed out. I know from research that basically the cigarette is stuffed with addictive substances, its not actually the nicotine that is that addictive its all the crap they throw on top.
Nicotine is actually not that bad for you apparently, alone of course.
I think in the end its just people wanting to throw caution to the wind and 'party'.
Now I fucking hate parties, but drugs that make me feel good I am down for that shit.
Social interactions just feels like I'm pricking myself with a needle constantly. Why the fuck would I ever want to talk with anyone ever?
Wait, I'm doing it now.
FUCK
>>
I can drink spirits and wines till the cows come home and be well within motor function ability to kartwheel and even pass the straight line test.

Give me two heavy beers and my legs go on vacation
>>
>>29874184

>I know from research that basically the cigarette is stuffed with addictive substances, its not actually the nicotine that is that addictive its all the crap they throw on top.

Well, tobacco also naturally contains certain other drugs besides nicotine like MAOIs.
>>
>>29874178

It's not even an acquired taste.
Why would it have been drunk for so long if it didn't taste good?

The only reason why people say they don't like it is because they were so used to drinking sweet things as children, it was a shock when they tasted something non-sweet and they dismiss it before giving it a proper go
>>
>>29873648

My problem is that I drink beer way too fast. I can finish a bottle of beer in like 3-4 minutes.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.