[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>man the boomers really fucked us over! >look at them buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 3773555446_db5ac53e13.jpg (58 KB, 326x480) Image search: [Google]
3773555446_db5ac53e13.jpg
58 KB, 326x480
>man the boomers really fucked us over!
>look at them buying houses when they were 20!
>and walking into prime jobs when they were fresh out of college!
>and now what the fuck are we supposed to do!

well, you can start buy
1. not wasting your money on video games/expensive food/cell phones/media/drugs/etc if you really want a house
2. realize that many colleges will only teach you the skill set necessary for a job, it's up to you to realize where your learned skill set fits in
3. no one is fucked over, there are tons of jobs and -opportunities- out there needing to be filled, but there are only so many people who want to acquire the training and versatility to do so

can we get a #millenialsexpectedlifetobesupereasy thread?
>>
>>29871302
The housing market sucks shit though, asswipe. You have to work two jobs 6 days a week to move out
>>
Cost of living is a lot higher now than it was when boomers were in their prime. A college education didn't mean a decade of financial shackles, and likewise the housing market and banking wasn't the shitshow it is now. Businesses also used to look for "the right candidate for the job" and then they would train them. Now, you're expected to walk in the door already knowing the job, with an advanced degree and years of experience. You're expected to work longer, work harder and your wages to remain stagnant, even when corporate profits and inflation both go up. There's also no sense of job security anymore. The employer holds the power and if you have a problem you can be easily replaced.

I know OP is bait, but the prevailing wisdom for every generation used to be "leave your children with better than what you had." The boomers are the first generation to leave their successors worse off than they were, and even now they continue to make things worse.
>>
>>29871302
>3. no one is fucked over, there are tons of jobs and -opportunities- out there needing to be filled, but there are only so many people who want to acquire the training and versatility to do so
>This meme
The cost of living has increased while the salaries have either stayed the same. Also, twenty years ago, you didn't need a college education for everything but flipping burgers.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with point one and two, though.
>>
>not wasting your money on video games/expensive food/cell phones/media/drugs/etc if you really want a house

you can't have this dialogue with people. they don't understand the concept of not having a cellphone.
the only Americans i meet who really crack down and save money at all costs are religious people. maybe religious people are the only ones with the conviction in them to not be able to spend every dime they have on bullshit.
>>
>>29872423
you sound like a poltard friend
>living with out a cell phone today
literally impossible
>>
>>29872446
Nah, it's totally fine. I only have a regular phone at home and can't be contacted when I'm out of the house. Haven't had any problem with serious institutions (work etc.) Anyone who thinks I need to be available 24/7 can go fuck themselves. This includes friends as well.
>>
>>29872035
Exactly right. This desu.
>>
>>29872035
>vote democrat
>get free college
>get surprised when college costs more for people who actually pay
>get surprised heavily regulated medical industry is extremely expensive for those who actually pay
>blame all this on republicans for not stealing enough rich people's money
The situation, the culture, the regulations, the 'globalization' of the workforce, automation, has ensured that its never going to 'be like it was'
The world has been changing faster than at anytime in history, and its hilarious that people fail to even recognize that this affects them in a very personal way everyday.
A job is not 'provided'.
A job was never 'provided'.
Its not supposed to be easy.
But ironically, this is actually the easiest time in the history of mankind to make a living doing 'work' on your computer like blogging, writing, programming, drawing, or making shitty youtube videos of you playing games.
The truth is that the future is favoring people who try new things and start their own shit and then work on it for years for no money until they become useful to corporations.
Its just a more 'complex' world. Its not exactly worse.
Doing things that don't make much sense anymore, like the college meme(for a shitty major), buying a house on credit, etc. were always expensive and dumb things to do, its just it was expected that you were to do that.
You really can't complain about not thinking things through for yourself then acting on other expectations. That tantamount to driving yourself off a cliff.
Everything you were 'supposed' to do has made many people successful, but thats not you.
>>
>>29871302
>fresh out of college

you retarded as fuck nigga they got their jobs fresh out of high school
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.