[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Application Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1464672359625.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1464672359625.png
177 KB, 367x321
Hey I just turned 18 and I am thinking of getting a summer job before school starts again. My only question how many days and hours do you have to say your availability in order to land the job? I only wanna work 3-4 days a week for about 6 hours a day but last time i specifically put the hours and days I wanted on an application I got no word back. Do I say im available everyday and at everytime and hope I get my preferred schedule. I am going to apply at fast food places if that helps.

Pls help
>>
>picking fast food of all retail jobs

those are like the shittiest of them all, why not at least try for a grocery store first?

and yes, you can have flexible hours, 3-4 days a week for 6 hours is completely reasonable.
>>
>>29871019
You have to say:

-work whenever you want
-I'll work sundays or saturdays alongside weekdays
-I'll work through the holidays (thanksgiving, christmas eve, day, boxing day, new year's eve, new year's day)

They only care about that
>>
>>29871054
Would applying at a clothing store be any better than fast food?
>>
>>29871073
Got it thank you
>>
>>29871019
Lie your ass off on the application, you can figure out specifics once you've got the job. You might be stuck with shit hours for a while, but prove you're competent enough and most places would rather keep you by giving you some of the hours you want than fire you and have to find a replacement.

Also most shit-tier jobs have plenty of grunts lined up so you're problem will most likely be not having enough hours, if anything. Gl robot you can do this, remember that the fact you can speak unbroken English and have presumably graduated high school means you're more qualified than a majority of your "peers," and there's always going to be another shithole looking for warm bodies!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.