[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your problems are your own fault
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 80954.jpg (79 KB, 863x853) Image search: [Google]
80954.jpg
79 KB, 863x853
What does this mean, really?

Some people say it a lot--do they really believe it?

Let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum in this thread.

Pic only sort of related.
>>
is it my fault I have to bump this thread to get replies
>>
Bumping for you, OPie.
>>
>>29870267
It means your problems are a result of your prior actions. For example, you may be poor because you spend your money on cigarettes and lotto tickets instead of saving it or putting it towards education/certification.
>>
When we are born we inherit things, good and bad. Eventually as we grow up to be adults we more or less see the world clearly, and can reflect on our past while projecting our hopes for the future.

When we get to this point in our lives, we can't really blame our present selves, for what we recognize to be in the past. Why? Because we are self-aware and realize it was a problem. This implies that we can do something to improve it.

This is not always so, however. Because often there are things beyond our control, and often we suffer at the hands of these things.

So the test here, is to build up what we can, without being overcome by what we cannot. That is the test of life, and not every human being is tested equally.
>>
>>29871028

>It means your problems are a result of your prior actions. For example, you may be poor because you spend your money on cigarettes and lotto tickets instead of saving it or putting it towards education/certification.

What if you're poor because you were born poor? Social mobility is very low in most countries. People born poor tend to stay poor.

Or, what if you spent the money on cigarettes because you were using them to treat a mental condition (which you did not choose to have) like ADD or schizophrenia?

You could say "well you would do better to get treated by a psychiatrist and get psychiatric medication", but the various generic brands of pharmaceutical drugs are effectively unregulated, and the pharmacy can switch brands at any time, often to disastrous results. The establishment is simply bullshitting about generic drugs being equivalent to the brand names--it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that often they're not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/business/generic-ritalin-drug-not-equivalent-to-the-brand-is-in-use-anyway.html?_r=0

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/12/03/expose-reveals-why-we-no-longer-trust-all-generic-drugs/

https://www.drugwatch.com/2012/10/10/fda-admits-that-generic-wellbutrin-is-less-effective-than-brand-name/

So you can't trust psychiatric medication--the approval process is fundamentally flawed because it relies on the honor system, and big pharma clearly lacks honor.
>>
>>29871028
>>29871207

By the way, I'm not meaning to imply that big tobacco is honorable. Far from it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.