[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there a specific time where things changed and just started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
Was there a specific time where things changed and just started to go down hill? Like you started breaking that shell of normieness?
>>
File: 1400446421582.png (321 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
1400446421582.png
321 KB, 970x726
>>29870239

I was a shy child who grew up to be a socially awkward teenager who grew up to be a depressed, lonely young man
>>
>>29870239
It's generally around 28-30 where things -really- start go downhill. At that age you stop being able to associate with people aged 18-24 without seeming like the odd man out, and people your own age are married and starting families.

At the same time society and your friends/family begin to give up on your ever becoming more than you are, and start to give opportunities to younger people they know. You are no longer worth investing in.
>>
File: 1452586555899.png (87 KB, 180x176) Image search: [Google]
1452586555899.png
87 KB, 180x176
>social enough in high school to not be called out on it
>get to college
>realize i don't know how to make friends and the group i had in high school only got together because of extra-curricular activities
>didn't bother with e/c in college because just wanted to play video games all day
>drop out because of grades
>now neet of almost two years and haven't had a conversation with another human other than parents since then

If I could take it all back...
>>
There was a specific time. I was going to some meeting with a coworker my first year in college, and a qt started talking to us, and kept talking to him, and the look in her eyes, and I just faded into the background. And that's when I knew, I just knew what I was.
>>
Also around 28-30 is when the years of sitting on your ass in front of a computer start to catch up to you. A lot of robots are in college are in college and at least have to walk to class each day. That little bit of exercise makes a difference.

Eating a poor diet for a decade (after you left your parents and high school) combined with inactivity leads to muscle atrophy, weakness, loss of concentration, poor memory, back aches, neck aches, skin rashes, fungal infections, gastrointestinal issues, insomnia, and a whole lot of other things. You start to feel like crap most of the time, and if you're not careful you can become a misanthrope.

If you live at home your relationship with your parents can become very tense as your will want to exercise your independence in simple ways like cooking food you enjoy, but depending on your parents even this simple act can troublesome.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.