[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be 27 >Mildly successful (45k/yr after taxes) >Work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: scared.png (475 KB, 544x661) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
475 KB, 544x661
>Be 27
>Mildly successful (45k/yr after taxes)
>Work a 9-5 job, it's boring but low-stress
>Live in a 1 BR apartment in a decent neighborhood
>Mom visits after I get off work to give me some cookies
>"So what do you do after you get home from work?"
>Tell her my daily routine (watch a little TV, shower, smoke a little weed, eat dinner, play vidya, go to bed)
>"Isn't that a little lonely? It's just you by yourself day after day after day."
>Tell her I have friends that I hang out with on weekends
>"I know, but I mean a girlfriend or someone you can come home to."
>Tell her I haven't really thought about it (I've actually given up, being a KV and all)
>"Well, I hope you find a nice girl."

I remembered that even some of my friends are getting married now, which means I won't be able to hang out with them. I didn't think about being alone for the rest of my life, and now that I think about it, it's actually pretty depressing. I come home to an quiet and empty apartment, day in, day out. Sure, I have things that would make robots happy (fancy bed, big TV, top-tier PC, sporty car, etc), but they're just fleeting material possessions. Is this really the end for me? I don't feel that bad about my situation now, but I feel like in a few years, the loneliness will get to me. Other people have something real to live for, like a family, but I'm just here by myself.
>>
>>29867427
you're a fucking pussy.

boxlboxblox
>>
>>29867427
Just save your money so you can retire early and live a a neet for the rest of your life with a VR waifu
>>
>>29867484
How so?

>>29867509
I'm spending money on my hobbies to keep me sane. I try to busy myself so I don't feel so lonely. I guess when my mom said those words, it reminded me that I'm not really living for anything.
>>
>>29867617
You think about having a relationship for no other reason than external factors. There's nothing driving you obviously other than subsistence.

You could start making steps towards finding some broad, but you don't really want to. Either you're scared or apathetic but neither are reasons to be with anyone, I don't get the sense you've really thought about it.
>>
>just fleeting material possessions

If that's the case then donate them to a needy NEET who would appreciate them.
>>
The answer is exercise outdoors, like running or riding a bicycle. Stuff is proven to fight depression, gets you in shape, et cetera. I have lived alone, and podcasts and a bicycle kept me happy as a pig in slop.
>>
>>29867427
>fleeting material possessions.
What, your beds going to invite someone else to sleep in it? PC going to bitch at you for not updating to the latest CPU? If anything's fleeting it's people and their feelings toward one another. I love my miniatures for their unconditional love. I take care of them, they take care of me.
>>
>>29867427
I'd rather come home to a quiet apartment than one with a waiting mouth that's gonna talk my ear off about some inconsequential shit somebody said at the grocery store that day, then tell me they think the show I wanna watch is boring and that we just ate the food I wanna eat last week so let's figure something else out.
>>
>>29868844
Normie kys please now I'm begging you
>>
>>29867617
>How so?

not the guy who said that, but seriously your life is fine and your taking shit for granted. live a stoic life of solitude and dont be a bitch, for all you know you may be well better off alone
>>
>>29869007
why? I'm happy being a loner
>>
>>29867427
then drop your standards and impregnate a fatty/shitskin and have a lot of kids and enjoy that

now all your time will be consumed and you sure as shit will not be lonely

you probably will wish you could have 10mins alone

also impregnate a latina to maximize never having alone time
>>
>>29867427
Don't feel too bad man. There are people who would kill to be in a position like you with no bitch giving them problems, especially dudes who are divorced.
>>
>>29867665
Nah dude relationships come from inside and they are really great
>>
>>29867665
>You're scared or apathetic

It's a combination of both. I'm scared of being used as beta bucks for some girl, especially now that I'm getting close to 30. Lots of girls have the baby fever around this time. It's because of that fear that I'm apathetic.

>>29869507
The difference is that those dudes have experienced having a wife and kids. Maybe it's fufilling, I don't know, but I haven't experienced it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.