[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are normies so enslaved to faggy social trends? Honest question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1468127119822.png (18 KB, 311x355) Image search: [Google]
1468127119822.png
18 KB, 311x355
Why are normies so enslaved to faggy social trends?

Honest question. Would like to hear from enlightened normies, who are our allies.
>>
to fit in
>>
Strong coat you have on in your picture. Matches your hat and everything.
>>
>>29866955
>Why are normies so enslaved to faggy social trends?
Because they know how to fit in then and have friends. They just need to follow the rules and play the games.

I know this because I'm able to be normie but don't because I fucking hate them at my core. The ones who make it are the artists who say "Fuck normies, this is what I think" and are lucky enough to make it to mainstream media. Once it gets to that level, normies latch on like parasites.
>>
>>29866955
You're confusing most normies with shitty sheeple. About 70 percent of normies are "basic bitch" tier people. The rest are on a broader spectrum.
>>
>>29866979
Danke, mein bruder.
>>
They feel a strong urge to do as others do in order to fit in. They're often too stupid to realise they're even doing it.
>>
>>29866955
Its to have something to talk about. Take Pokemon Go for example, everyones playing it so its easier to start a conversation with that knowing the other person will get what you are talking about. It happens with tons of stuff. Remember when everyone watched The Walking Dead, but no one really liked it? Same thing. Just don't go autismo levels of knowledge on the fads and you can talk to people like everyone else.
>>
>>29867066
>Remember when everyone watched The Walking Dead, but no one really liked it? Same thing. Just don't go autismo levels of knowledge on the fads and you can talk to people like everyone else.
I barely watched that show but are you telling me nobody fucking even liked it? It was just a fad so everyone jumped in on it? Is this seriously the mindset of the Normie?
>>
>>29867246
Yup, everyone I talked to thought it was boring and only watched it for the cliffhanger at the end. Its like that with most popular shows. All you have to do to be a normie is follow the fads you can stand and have decent hygiene.
>>
>>29867356
that's what I thought all along and is why I stopped associating with normies. it's just whatever is the flavor of the month. holy fuck I hate them.
>>
File: holycrackas.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
holycrackas.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>29867246
i'm sure people genuinely liked it. still, like the normie ree or pepe meme here, you're ostracized if you don't use it
>>
>>29867433
Its more like they have their own interests when you get to know them, but its easier to follow a trend to relate to a lot of people. Being a Normie isn't about staying with trends, its about following one of things you like and using that to find people you can be friends with. Thats kinda why Pokemon Go is big with them right now. Everyone 18-30 can relate to Pokemon, so its an extremely easy icebreaker to make friends with.
>>
>>29867495
ok so then the whole point of being a normie is trying to find common ground in things normies deem 'acceptable'?

fuck that I'll stay a cyborg
>>
>>29867869
Sort of. Its more using the things that everyone is told to like to meet people then start talking about things you like that are related to it. You keep thinking they only like those things. Its not like that though. In the end they are a lot like us, but just know how to use popular things to slowly reveal their powerlevels and make actual friends.
>>
File: 1462906383628.png (305 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1462906383628.png
305 KB, 5000x5000
>>29867869
Heheh, I'm liberating my nation from the normie scourge, I truly am king of the robots.
>>
>>29866955
Humans are social animals and we have evolved a strong preference for group cohesion. It feels good to go with the group. It used to keep us alive, now it's just genetic legacy but still acted upon.
>>
>>29867919
that makes me like them more but I'm still distrustful. I work at a company that has a lot of normies and it seems their interests are mainly sports. I don't think we have any common ground and sports is definitely in normie territory.
>>
>>29867972
How old are they? If they are around your age, assuming you are in your 20s, you could try watching the same teams and talking about basic stuff. It will get them to open up a bit more with you since you actually put in some effort to learn about something they like. Keep doing stuff like that and eventually they might invite you to hang out. Then you get to be a Normie too. Honestly, its not that different from trying to fit in here. Just instead of hating normies and women you have to watch sports and talk to real people.
>>
File: 1456139680375.jpg (241 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1456139680375.jpg
241 KB, 500x750
>>29868071
>Just instead of hating normies and women you have to watch sports and talk to real people.
Yeah but I have to try to like something I actually dislike. I don't like sports. I've tried it. Played in them, watched them; I don't like them. I'm not going to pretend I like them for friends.
>inb4 hurr then stop complaining
If they want to make friends then come to me, otherwise fuck that I'm going my own way.
>>
>>29868135
Ok, do they like anything else? It doesn't have to be the one thing they are really into. My coworkers love sports, but they also talk about shit like Overwatch and Destiny. So, I played those and talk to them about those games. I've never had to watch or talk about sports yet we still can talk during every shift easily.
>>
>>29868183
they've mentioned some nostalgia games (like mario kart) at times, but that is only a convo. 99% of the time it's sports.
>>
>>29868275
Well, that sucks. I guess you won't be able to relate to your coworkers easily, but that advice works for any groups you might get the chance to hang out with. Its basically a beginners guide to being a Normie.
>>
>>29868319
yeah but the problem is, there are normies and then there are Normies. my problem is with normies.

for example, go into a group of stereotypical 'nerds' and they will parrot what ever opinion has been thrown at them without thinking. you go against that opinion? you are shit and are not a part of the group. this is in burgerland anyway; I've found people from other countries more open.
>>
>>29868375
Honestly, most of my friends just parrot reddit so I get what you are saying. Its alright to go against their opinion, but you have to have your reasons for it. Just don't be hostile or edgy and most people will be cool with you having a different opinion. Like I hate Pokemon Go, but I'm not gonna go around telling people its shit. Its all about finding a middle ground.
>>
>tfw can mask my personality around normies and come off as well adjusted

It's shit, don't bother
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.