[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doing anything >anything at all Why bother?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: pyramid eye.jpg (6 KB, 152x225) Image search: [Google]
pyramid eye.jpg
6 KB, 152x225
>doing anything
>anything at all

Why bother?
>>
>>29866940
nihilism is one hell of a drug uh?
>>
>>29866967
>doing drugs
what's the point
>>
>>29866940
still trying to figure this out, but in the meanwhile doing things that allow for continual improvement so as not to feel like i'm wasting my life in the event that they are worthwhile things to do
>>
File: costanza dot jay pee gee.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanza dot jay pee gee.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>29867014
>willfuly blinding oneself to the nature of the sisyphean ordeal

shiggy diggy doodle
>>
>>29867065
>not reaping the benefits in neuroplasticity and personal efficacy gained by being good at a thing
do nihilists just stop trying the moment they decide nothing matters?
>>
>>29867174
I'm nihilistic (specifically, absurdist), and I enjoy self improvement. You just take it for what it's worth; humans become satisfied when they improve themselves, and I am a human. Doesn't need to go beyond that.
>>
>>29867242
same

but i'm also chronically depressed
>>
>>29867242
>not questioning the purpose of satisfaction

will your gravestone read: " Here lies anonymous, he was often satisfied"?
>>
>>29867242
yeah, no avoiding that. can't deny the satisfaction of doing a thing because the thing has been of enough value historically to continue providing value to humans.

>>29867371
in my experience satisfaction is an ambiguity that must be tolerated and used to justify action if it is ever decided upon, yet can not be allowed to hinder action when it remains undecided

>will your gravestone read: " Here lies anonymous, he was often satisfied"?
for me, yes
>>
>>29867371
There isn't much to question about that, though, satisfaction is an evolved trait to encourage particular actions.
>>
>>29866940

We are all bound to obey our nature. The sun must be the sun, trees must be trees and we must he humans. Humans by their nature are social creatures, you are at your happiest when you can free yourself from thinking the world owes you anything and instead find what you owe the world. Obey your nature and follow the ways of the stoic philosophers like Epictetus and Marcus Aurelius.
>>
>>29867513

I dot think the stoics ever said anything about owing the world.

Not to mention humans are much more complex than trees and the sun. More accurately they'd say to be content with what life has assigned to you, ie your station, profession and live virtuously despite whatever it is. But that's outdated in today's more flexible world.
>>
>>29867476
>not questioning the purpose of particular actions
>being this self-deluded
>>
>>29867816
>there is no purpose to any action because purposeness is a strictly human concept that we try to apply to otherwise-meaningless things.
athiests 1 christfags 0
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.