[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots with jobs: Age, Job, Education, why do you come here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14
File: 1466382401139.jpg (799 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466382401139.jpg
799 KB, 1280x1920
Robots with jobs: Age, Job, Education, why do you come here?
>>
>age
22, almost 23.
>job
Manager of a small logistics company.
>education
Working on a BS in psychology and a BS in neuroscience. Going to get an MBA, do the Peace Corps for two years, and then apply for medical school.
>why do you come here
Nothing better to do. I'm a /trv/fag and don't have very many hobbies besides /trv/. Trying to find some good pasttimes is my current struggle.
>>
>>29865091

>age:
>job:
None
>education:
I'm studing at university: computer science
>why do I come here:
My nights has nothing better to offer. I feel somewhat less alone knowing that someone's in my same situation.
Also, you guys are funny, and you make me not think about problems.
>>
>>29865091
Cook
Did 2 years of Chemical Engineering and Law before dropping out because no money
I come here because I tend to enjoy threads here more than any other board.
>>
dev,
history from top 10
to shitpost
>>
>>29865112
>age
Mid thirties
>job:
Teacher
>Education
Two pretty worthless bachelors and a Masters in Teaching
>why do you come here
I'm an oldfag for this board, but I come here because before 4chan was even a twinkle in Moot's eye I was a robot. I remember getting bullied pretty hard in high school, having no friends, hating my life, thinking about suicide, etc. I even remember getting bullied as a senior in high school by some sophomores and going home thinking about the best way to kill myself.

It's been a long road to where I am now. I won't sit here and tell you I'm some sort of success story, but I worked hard, got over a lot of stuff and feel like I'm in a really good place. I come here because you'll always be a robot even when you put on the normie mask. I also on occasion try to drop a little bit of encouragement hoping other robots know they can feel a little better about the world if they want to.
>>
>>29865175

Why didn't you just get a student loan? Your already half way done
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
I'm the bulldozer anon.

24 years old

Highschool education
>>
translator
it's a nice board, very welcoming and interesting
>>
dishwasher / cook
college drop out
because I'm a loser
>>
area manager for large internet company
BS engineering
some people get motivated by finding something to aspire to. I find motivation by finding something to avoid. thanks /r9k/.
>>
>>29865314
I got extremely depressed and got kicked out of my parents house. College definitely wasn't for me. I prefer the working world.
>>
Doctor
MD
Because I've been here forever
>>
>>29865726

So what do you do? Seems like your so close to making it
>>
>>29865788
I just work in a kitchen and independently study things. I wouldn't say I'm close to making it. I'm not very good at learning in a classroom setting.
>>
No Job, starting the last year ofHigh School.
I'm here because I'm a fucking bot and a chronically depressed. Smart, decent looking, gf and friends but never been happy. Sometimes I read this board and remember my childhood.
>>
>age
>job
SWE Intern at Google
>education
2018 BS in CS
>why do you come here
/b/ sucks and im a pessimistic/misogynistic manlet
>>
>>29865823
>underage
HS doesn't count as education, you shouldn't be posting ITT. Enjoy your ban retard.
>>
>>29865823
>gf and friends
>I'm a bot
You're a failed normie.
>>
>>29865823
Please leave normie
>>
28, software developer, I've been on 4chan for over a decade and this board can have interesting stories.
>>
>Age?
>job?
Software engineer

>Why?
/r9k/ is funny high.
>>
>>29865917
Software buddies!
>>
>>29865091
part-time in deli
high school grad, going to public college for education and history degrees
I enjoy spending time here because it is always changing, and many anons on this board are hilarious (intentionally and unintentionally)
>>
>>29865890
>>29865853
>>29865870

Are u used to discrediting people better/luckier than u?
>>
>>29865826
>intern at google

made it already
>>
>>29865112
If the weather and terrain in your area permits, take up gardening. Its hard work, but good work, and you can grow yourself some extra, healthy, and delicious food.
>>
>>29865823
>17
>gf
>decent looking
>remember childhood
That's some shit tier bait. Atleast being this retarded and delusional makes you a true bot, congrats faggot.
>>
>24
>accountant
>bs acct
>I wanna die
>>
>>29865994

I still live with my family. We have a few really nice gardens - one of my mom's masters degrees is in Landscape and Architecture - but it's not my cup of tea. I wouldn't get to call any shots in design anyway.

I really just enjoy going to different places and people watching. I can be completely alone and happy, but I can't stand doing or seeing the same shit every day unless I'm getting a big financial reward or some other benefit from it.
>>
>>29865091
>43
>bagger at raleys supermarket
>bachelors degree in creative writing
>i come here because i have literally nothing going for me.
>>
>Age
>Job
IT minion
>Education
Have BS in IT bullshit
>Why do you come here
No friends, KHV, social retard, only place that I can really relate to anyone.
>>
>age
>job
work in an internal medicine office
>education
high school
>why do you come here
cause i'm depressed and don't know what the fuck I'm doing with my life
>tfw no gf
>>
>>29865755
what specialty?
>>
>>29865091
>26
>software developer
>bs
>8 years of habit
>>
>>29866085

>accountant
>doesn't have his cpa

Why?
>>
>>29865091
>24
>host at restaurant fri/sat this summer
>ba mathematics '17. so one more year. didnt go to uni right away
>shitposting
>>
>>29865091
A:25
J:poorfag web dev
E:masters in psych, Cisco certified for routing and switching.
W: Bad habit, and this is the only place i can vent without judgement. I busted my ass and my life is still fucking shit.
>>
>age
>job
Product development engineer for medical devices
>education
Private university for mech Eng
>why do I come here
Misery loves company
>>
File: pepecoo.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pepecoo.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>29865091

>33
>financial analyst / mergers and acquisitions
>bachelors in economics
>for the lulz
>>
>>29866085
>>29866338

>get CPA
>go public
>want to die even more
>>
>>29866490

From what I heard accounting isn't that shitty from real accountants
>>
>age
>job
Unemployed
>education
BTEC in computer technical support, left college early as my mum wanted to move to a different area (living at home). Went on to complete a 2 year IT apprenticeship working for a local computer repair store, unfortunately the company went bankrupt and I was made redundant. I've been in and out of shitty jobs ever since.
>why do you come here
Something to pass the time, an effort to disconnect. I try but it's all in vain really, I fucking hate my life.
>>
>age
>job
Technician at a Ford dealership
>education
Certificate in law enforcement, currently doing the work placement part of my automotive schooling
>why do you come here
Because I hate my life and I have nothing better to do.
>>
why the hell not, aside from work my life is the same as my NEET days

>26
>front-end web dev
>basic IT in college

i've been coming here for years..Back when I was unemployed 3 years ago
I still share alot of things with you guys (hhkv) so I like coming here to see how it's going and remind me that i'm not alone
>>
>>29866524
I fail to mention that I was working at a supermarket stacking shelfs up until recently as the work was temporary. I guess I don't really belong in this thread.
>>
>>29866575
How was it? I don't know what to expect.
>>
File: 1438834311666.jpg (11 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1438834311666.jpg
11 KB, 243x207
>>29866575
man i would love a supermarket job,

>tfw i applied to every supermarket within 10miles of my area and none of them replied back to me

maybe its because im 20 and have never had a job before..
>>
>>29865091
Helicopter pilot
AAS in aviation 'science'
To share in other robot's depression of >tfwnogf and feed my own
>>
>>29865091
>age
>job
Intel troop, USAF
>education
High school level
>why do you come here?
Because I relate to some of you and feel like a part of the community. Also it's funny to see some people's stories.
>>
>>29866733
It was alright, I was working nights so I didn't really have to interact with anyone. If you suffer with back pain I would suggest wearing a back brace as you will be on your feet all the time lifting heavy boxes.

The routine was the best thing as it broke up the day and stopped me from dwelling on negative thoughts all day, it's temporary though, for me at least.
>>
>>29865091
Electrical Engineer working as a NASA contractor
BS in ECE. Hoping to get a PhD in CS as soon as I can afford it and never do a real day's work again.
Am sadboy. I don't know what you want me to say.
>>
>>29866937
Make one up.
>>
>>29866937
Might be worth chasing those applications up if the vacancies are still available. If you show that you're motivated enough to do that they may consider employing you.
>>
File: dva.jpg (135 KB, 600x867) Image search: [Google]
dva.jpg
135 KB, 600x867
>age
>job
Real Estate agent
>education
College dropout
>why do you come here
I hate my life and want to die, but just hide it deep behind 7 layers of irony
>>
>>29867142
Also this. Just fill in your time with a made up company. Say you worked on a building site or something. Ask your parents if they would be willing to fake a reference for you, just let them know that it will help you get a job. That's the first hurdle, at least then you will be able to build some experience.
>>
22, Web Developer/Indie Gamedev, Finishing uni
/r9k/ has nice taste in qt3.14s
>>
>>29867106
Thanks. That routine sounds fine to me.
>>
>>29867142
almost all of the applications ask for reference numbers..

>>29867156
ok i will try that thanks!
>>
>>29865091
>age
>job
liquor store clerk
>education
high school, going to college next month
>why did you come here
memes
>>
>>29867214
>Web Developer/Indie Gamedev
That's literally all I have to say but /fuckdarobot/.
>>
>>29867160
>real estate agent

This doesn't seem like a good job for robots at all. How has it been treating you?
>>
>>29867160
You are literally me.
>23 in June
>Commercial RE agent
>year and a half left of college

Orangutaniginal
>>
engineer
chemical engineering
despite my moderate success in my job my personal life is a disaster and rather than deal with it i come to this echo chamber to reaffirm my belief that it isn't my fault
roasties, chads, etc
>>
>>29867235
If you're up for it, then put a store/business that closed down on your resume.
>>
>>29866162
>bachelors degree in creative writing

lol at least I know to steer clear of that shit now
>>
>>29865112
>Going to get an MBA, do the Peace Corps for two years, and then apply for medical school.

wow, what a fucking waste. MBA is useless in the medical field, just apply now or do your peacecorp and skip the whole mba thing.

t. medfag.
>>
>>29866338
not him, but Is a CPA really required?
26,& still struggling through college, I get my BS in May. I really don't feel like studying more shit once I get the degree.
>>
>>29866280
good ole medicine
>>
>>29865291
you really sound like a sweet guy, cheers
>>
>>29865091

>26
>credit risk analyst/underwriter
>bachelor's degree.

Boredom mostly, occasional bouts of loneliness and sometimes threads are entertaining.
>>
>>29867340
fuck thats smart i will try that thanks
>>
File: tomoko smile.jpg (266 KB, 700x790) Image search: [Google]
tomoko smile.jpg
266 KB, 700x790
>>29867284
I actually make decent money, at least enough to be drunk/high 24/7. Also the job is easy enough that I can do it drunk/high all the time. I'm actually ok at talking to people (feel free to call me a fucking normie). Plus 60% of the job is typing shit on your computer at home so I bear with it. I wish I could just go full NEET but I cant get autismbux or mummysupport

>tfw I'm writting a 1-4 right now

>>29867301
>commercial
You think its better or worse than residential?
>>
25, third world freelancer, im enrolled in a maths program because im dumb and switched majors. i come here since i was 19. i don't like this place but every other place on the internet is worse
>>
>>29865091
>age
>job
medical student
>why do you come here?
Visited for years - Robot turned normie/cyborg. The lulz are good here and I still identify with the robots here, try to offer advice and whatnot.
>>

Electrical Technician

GED

Boredom
>>
>>29867000
for how long have you been coming here my man?
>>
Mailman
I enjoy the wagecuck and retailcuck threads. I used to work retail and now I'm a mailman reading the retail threads reminds me of why I should appreciate my new job. I also can relate to the social anxiety most of us share on this board.
>>
>Age
>Job
Simple Mechanic, planning for military
>Edu
High school almost over
>Why here?
I'm nobody, who's interested in other people's stories and issues
>>
>>29867411
Good luck anon. We will make it.
>>
File: 1461439767261.jpg (35 KB, 308x300) Image search: [Google]
1461439767261.jpg
35 KB, 308x300
>all these fuckers pursuing medica/engineering/CS degrees
>literally set for life after graduation
YOU'RE NOT FUCKING ROBOTS!! GTFO!!
>>
>>29867085
How hard was it to join USAF?
>>
>>29867426
>thread made for people with jobs
>comes posting in here even when you don't have a job
leave
>>
>>29865091
>age
mid-twenties
>job
public engagement consultant, industrial first aid attendant
>education
dropped out of microbiology in 4th year because employment prospects in my field are shit (highest salary is 35K at postdoc level, women are hired preferentially because >muh wimin in STEM). hoping to get into medical school in Poland.
>why do you come here
no happenings on /pol/ today. I find I can relate more to autists than normies, so this board was the next logical choice
>>
>>29867572
eat shit faggot. its a tougher job than most jobs.
>>
>>29867412
I don't have to ask, "do you like THIS color granite countertops, Mrs. Jones?"
So that's nice. I get to see new properties/types pretty often too. Overall just more business-oriented and transactional.
>>
>>29867516
YOU are not a fucking robot. i came here from ages 19-23 feeling bad about a girl every fucking night, and i'm still a virgin at age 25. get the FUCK OUT KID
>>
>>29867631
>med student life
>difficult
lmao you eat shit, you young cunt
>>
>>29867652
>IT or any other wageslave life is difficult
>10 hours a day of studying and climbing the medical field ladder for a decade before earning real wages is ez mode.

I'll give you its a guarantee in life, but you're a faggot for thinking its ez street.
>>
>>29867085
jelly as fuck. My mom talked me out of joining the Air force unless I went in as an officer. Now I gained the "freshmen 20", super unfit/out of shape and I fucked up college and have to transfer to another school for a better gpa.

I'd have to wait until I at least get my AAS in Electrical Engineering(1 year) and at that point I'd be 22. Wouldn't get out of the USAF until 26 and have to wait until 28 to get my BS. Or just go into getting my BS and at that point just finding work.

Weird situation.

>My only regret is not joining out of high school
>>
File: 1461330240298.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1461330240298.png
339 KB, 680x680
>>29867650
I'm a 25 year old neet, still living at home kid.
I'm literally fucked, nothing but flipping burgers is in my future in my studio aparmtnet in the ghetto! AND IM A VIRGIN
>>
File: tomo kys.png (42 KB, 456x312) Image search: [Google]
tomo kys.png
42 KB, 456x312
>>29867632
Lol thats true, what percent do you get from your commisions? I only make 3%

>tfw broker takes half my cut
>>
>>29867366

Had really bad grades my junior year. Went from a 3.96 to something terrible. There's no way I'll get accepted to medical school with at least doing a year of post-bacc. I'd rather take a couple of post-bacc classes and get an advanced degree as a back-up, in case I don't get into medical school.

Also,

>implying med schools care what my MS or MA is in
>>
>age
>job
Wagecuck at a boat hire
>Education
Finished high school
>Why do you come here
Today I planned on asking around to try find some good suicide techniques. But I come here in general because I'm dead inside. Hopefully I will soon be on the outside too.
>>
Target team member
PhD in Rabbinical Studies
Just fuck my life.
>>
>>29867695
>10 hours a day of studying and climbing the medical field ladder for a decade before earning real wages is ez mode.
Yeah okay, stop exaggerating. You don't LITERALLY spend from 8am to 6pm studying, you're probably fucking around for a good 5-6 hours of that time. Also, residents and fellows get paid "real wages," at least compared to the general populace.

Point is you don't have a job, you're a fucking student.
>>
>>29867769
>Rabbinical Studie
You're obviously lying, no one is that pathetic
>>
>>29867695
>I'll give you its a guarantee in life, but you're a faggot for thinking its ez street.
how hard can being a student be? Isn't medical school's retention rate like 99% or something? Can't be that hard.
>>
>>29867369

It's what separates you from making $60k to six figures
>>
>>29868163
I'll wait a few years then.
I'm perfectly fine with making 60k.
>>
25 years old
Excel monkey
Bachelors in accounting
I share the same views on women as the majority here do.

>CPA
Yeah, I'm too stupid to pass CPA exams. I'm technically qualified to sit for the exams, but I tried studying and I just don't have the motivational/smarts to do it anymore. I guess I was smarter and/or more motivated in my college days.
>>
>age
>job
Marketing
>education
bachelors degree in business, from a mid-high tier college
>why do you come here
I've been coming here since '06. Although a lot of the threads are clearly bait, I do enjoy the randomness of this place. There is usually a thread or two that is worth contributing to. As I've gotten older I've posted a lot less. It's a good way to kill a half hour or so, and it's interesting to see all the varying viewpoints (even if a lot of them are intentionally exaggerated)
>>
>>29868197

That's tops, entry is mid 40s. Accounting & nursing are now flooded with new grads. Most Are incompetent but you'll have competition
>>
>>29868296

What kind of marketing? I find it impossible to get into
>>
>>29868408
>>29868197

I'm >>29868292. I make what comes out to about $40k a year. I'd probably be in the market of at least doubling that if I had a CPA license.
>>
>>29868408
>>29868440
Well I live in Houston, & there's always accounting jobs open, not to mention all the oil and gas companies. I'll be fine
I'll probably try finding a govt job though. I care more about the job security than being rich

40K does seem kind of low though for a BA in accounthing though. I mean there are mechanics and secretaries that can make that much annually & those don't even need degrees.
>>
>>29865091
Who's the girl

Orgnaluucomment
>>
>age
>job
Sys admin
>education
Shitty community collage and certifications
>why do you come here
Clinical depression
>>
>>29868438

I do internet-based marketing. Paid Search on google/bing, Paid Social on facebook/twitter.

If you are analytical, well balanced in math & verbal, and personable, you can do very well in it. Check it out if you're interested.
>>
Security Guard
Only graduated high school

I come here because nothing good has happened in my life.
>>
>>29866937
Try calling them up
>>
>>29868532
There are other entry level jobs in my area that pay high 40s or low 50s, but those jobs require a lot of communication with high-level executives in pressured situations. Something, as a robot, I don't want.

I took a lower paying job for less stress. All I do is crank out Excel files 8 hours a day and basically don't have to interact with anyone except my manager.
>>
>age
>education
Bachelor's degree in music, specializing in computer music/recording
>job
Confined space rescue technician. I monitor the air while welders perform their work, mostly with cold boxes (big metal tower) at air separation plants, and i'm trained to rescue them using pulleys and rope systems should shit hit the fan. Work 12 hours a day 7 days a week, and when i have downtime in between contracts I supervise for a gardening company.
>why come here
I'm bored and have lots of downtime in those 12 hours. Shitposting right now while an x-ray contractor checks to see if our welds turned out alright. Despite the normie facade i maintain, i still feel socially isolated, like i can't talk about anything that actually matters with most people, can't find others who relate to the no gf issue, who share my scorn for normalfaggotry.
>>
>>29865091
Registered Nurse (I'm a guy)
Bachelors

I come here because I feel like I'm just the same as you guys, just with money.

I don't go out. I hate social situations.

Cannot get girls. 50% of girls are automatically turned off due to job. 50% are turned off due to me being overweight. I also work night shift which would make it hard to socialize in general (although I don't like to)

And my high school friends that I cut contact with have all become chads
>>
>>29869006
Have any advice for incoming nursing students?
>>
>>29869085
Incoming as in you haven't started nursing school yet? Are you a girl or a guy?

Either way, good thing you come here because your social life will be non-existant (espeically if you are doing volunteer work or whatever else to increase chances of getting hired where you want right after graduation)

Although if you come here, you may have to up your social skills. Nursing is all about social skills.
>>
>>29869163
>Are you a girl or a guy?
Why does it matter?

Did you have trouble balancing school and everything else? There's so much I want to do though. I'll definitely keep your advice in mind, thanks!
>>
>>29869315
No one wants to be a murse
>>
>>29869315
It matters a lot, some advice is specific for a guy going into a female dominated profession. People, professors will treat you differently. I have talked to people across my state about it, and all guys have had similar experiences to me.

My philosophy is that you should view school as a full time job. That means you should be spending 40 hours of your week either in class, doing homework, or studying. A lot of people in my first year dropped out because the teachers made you do a lot of the reading on your own. I worked part time and went to school. I also volunteered at the hospital that I work at now to get my foot in the door. That took up pretty much all of my time. Your mileage may vary.
>>
File: imretarded.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
imretarded.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>>29865091
>age
>job
software developer
>education
computer science degree and currently doing software engineering.
>why
4chan is interesting. Lots of interesting stories and content. I've been browsing many boards for well over a decade now.
also I'm an overweight bad looking KV.
>>
>>29869363
>drown in qts during school and work
>benefits of being a minority in the field
>have the chance to pursue whatever you want in a flexible field
>>
>>29869163

Know any EMTs? How hard is it to become one?
I'm a college grad (lib arts shit degree)
>>
>>29869315
male nurses are preferentially hired over females
>>
>>29869491
I've heard it isn't too hard, just a long process. They work just as hard as we do (nurses) in my opinion but get paid like 25% that we do.
>>
>>29869488
>drown in qts during school and work
Kek, no one wants to fuck the beta murse, when there are alpha doctors in the same vicinity.
>>
>>29869402
What are some of the experiences you're describing?
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to stay out of my dorm room as much as possible. Were you able to get a hospital job?
>>
>>29869402
>>29869567
Sorry I think my last question ws too vague. I meant do you know how you could possibly get paid experience working at a hospital as an undergrad?
>>
>>29869566
the nurse doctor thing doesn't happen nearly as often as you'd think it does, at least not in today's world

it does happen, just infrequently
>>
>>29865091
> age
20, soon to be 21
> job
paid computer engineering intern
> education
junior at top-50 school, 3.9+ GPA

Loneliness in male dominated field, never had gf, never had first kiss. Can't relate much, but moreso than anywhere else on the internet.
>>
>>29869567
Prime example any male nursing student experiences: shunning through the labor and delivery portion of your education. It will either be: The staff, the patient, or the patient's husband. Sometimes it gets pretty bad.

To your other question. I was an ER scribe prior to graduating which gave me a foot in the door in the hospital. Some people are CNA (certified nursing assistants) while they go through school.

A CNA only takes about 6 months to complete and helps the nurses out on the floor in the hospital.

Some people were patient sitters or worked transport.

I got the job as a scribe because I volunteered in the hospital cafeteria prior. It opened up a lot of doors and I got to know the hiring managers when it came time for me to get my RN license.
>>
Attorney
JD
Loneliness and depression
>>
>age
>job
College Professor
>Education
MBA, working on my PhD

I really don't care for other people. Never had lasting friendships, never had a crush, and never really cared.
>>
>>29869665
It never crossed my mind that that would be an issue. I had the chance to talk to many male nurses over the summer and they all described being a male nurse as the best thing ever, although my uni is in a super liberal area.
I'll definitely volunteer at a hospital! I've always intended to but I didn't think about the networking aspect of it. Although that also means I need to work on my social skills.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply!
>>
>>29869840
I wanted to be a male nurse for 3 reasons

1. The money. I live in Sacramento and starting pay is very good.

2. I thought I'd be able to meet girls. All the girls in my cohort were married or taken.

3. I thought it would help me with my social skills - which it has
>>
>19
>deep space welding (satellittes, space station, etc)
>when I'm grounded, I do cyber security consulting to governments and multinationals
>>
>>29869908
You live in Sacramento? You're what I want to be and where I want to live in four years.
That's strange, when I went to orientation there were a surprisingly large amount of girls that have never had a boyfriend before.
>>
>age
>job
I work for an adiabatic quantum computing startup in Canada.
>education
B.S. in engineering from Michigan State, M.S. Theoretical CS University of Texas at Austin
>why come here
I am a brooding person in general and it doesn't pay for me to be around positive people all day, I'm not going to lie, here we see a very negative place
>>
I wanna know how lawyers, accountants, nurses, doctors, teachers become robots when for a better half of your day you have to spend talking to people
>>
File: bite_me.jpg (122 KB, 1003x669) Image search: [Google]
bite_me.jpg
122 KB, 1003x669
>age
>job
Intern at Resodyn Co.
>education
One more year until BS at MSU in Chemical Engineering
>why do you come here
Great question
>>
>>29870178
i work 7pm to 7am
my patient's sleep around 9pm to around 6 or 7am.
>>
>>29870006
I didn't go to school at Sac State, I commuted to where I went to school at.
>>
Work in IT, late 20s, because I'm a KV and even my nerdiest coworkers aren't.
>>
>>29865091
>Age
>Job
Firmware Dev
>Education
Bachelor's in Engineering
>Why do you come here?
Because I'm lonely. I'm so fucking lonely...
>>
>26
>code monkey at google
>bs in computer science at uc berkeley
>no friends irl, you guys seem cool
>>
>>29870233
>Doctor
>>29870322
>Google

You guys are being sarcastic aren't you
>>
>>29865091
bachelors in hotel management

work overnight at hotel for $15.28/hr

I haven't had a gf for 12 years because I am on the spectrum
>>
>>29870261
Oh I didn't mean I wanted to attend Sacramento State, I like my uni a lot and it's on the other side of the country.
I meant I want to live in a big city like Sacramento!
>>
>>29870385
are you a girl you type like one and have the demeanor of one
>>
>Age:

>Job
Game Designer

>Education
High school, self-educated

>Why do you come here?
I'm a shut in, also reading about people who are much worse off than I makes me feel better about myself.
>>
>>29870581
Huh how do I type like a girl?
>>
>>29870385
What state? Some hospitals really love if you join the student nurse associations. In my interview I went full autistic and talked about the work I did in my committee because I was nervous
>>
File: 911smug.jpg (53 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
911smug.jpg
53 KB, 960x540
>>29870627
>game designer
>self educated
>better than others
hahaha thats a nice story
>>
>>29870688
thanks, roach
>>
>>29865091
software dev
bachelor

i fuckin hate myself and feel like a most pathetic robot
>>
>>29870687
I'm going to Umich. And hey it must have helped right? I thought about joining the SNA since you get to travel to conferences. What sort of stuff do they do exactly?
>>
>>29865091
>Age
>Job
Lawyer
>Education
BA from Gonzaga, JD from UCLA
>Why do you come here
To make myself feel better than people. I don't have a lot of motivation. I can socialize pretty easily but I just don't like to put in the effort. Seeing people worse off than me, even if a lot of it is satirical, helps me paint my life as better than it actually is. Plus /pol/ is interesting and /a/ is the only place I can talk about anime, even if their love of moeshit is a bit overwhelming
>>
>>29870755
Depends on the state. I am not too familiar with michigan's. I am close friends with many of the east coast and west coast SNA board members though (I served on the national board a year ago)
>>
>>29870791
I'll look into it in the fall. Well what'd you do in the SNA during your undergrad? Was it a super high commitment thing?
>>
>>29870854
Helped organize and participate in SNA led community events. I would recommend going to the conventions though. They have nursing recruiters there that you should talk to. At my university, it meant I had to put in about 10 hours a week, but only because the president was a girl I really liked and wanted to impress her and raise our SNA off the ground.
Every SNA is different and it depends on who the officers are running it that year.

When I served on the national SNA board, I spent a lot of time helping other schools get their SNA's off the ground, as well as go through resolutions and approve them to be discussed at our house of delegates

If I were you I would get involved at least. At the very least it is something to put on your resume. You can talk about joining a nursing professional organization to help further nursing as a profession (many times the resolutions passed by students get carried through the American nurses association) etc etc
>>
>>29870935
>the president was a girl I really liked and wanted to impress her
Just lol

That sounds similar to something I did during high school and I'm not quite sure if I want to commit to that just yet. I'll still join and try to go to conventions and talk to recruiters though!
You have so much good advice, really thanks a lot. Are you ever planning on getting a dnp?
>>
>>29871031
Yes. I need another year experience before I can apply, but I have already been talking to recruiters at UCSF DNP program and hopefully have made a good impression.

I really enjoyed my time on the board helping other people. Although I dont like posting my info on r9k, ill give you my throwaway: [email protected]

Message me on there.
>>
>>29870781
How the fuck did you finish a JD that fast m8, I'm gonna be a 22 year old 1L at Loyola this August and half the people I've met in my class are already in their mid-30's or older.

also do you know anyone looking for a housemate finding a place in LA is hell
>>
>>29871132
Neat, just sent you an email!
>>
>>29871152
I skipped first grade and did undergrad in 3 years, then didn't take any time off before going to law school.
And yeah LA blows pretty hard housing-wise. The people I know live in Westwood and you probably wanna be a bit closer to campus if you're going to Loyola
>>
File: 112.jpg (11 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
11 KB, 236x236
>all those people that say they come here because they bored

you are not fooling anyone
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.