[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you moved to Arizona for work and it's unbearably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 2210094.jpg (147 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
2210094.jpg
147 KB, 1024x683
>tfw you moved to Arizona for work and it's unbearably hot every single day

Phoenix is the most uncomfy place I have ever been. The weather never changes. So far it's almost always 105+ degrees and cloudless. Even at night you can feel the heat still radiating off the street. I can't watch the rain from my window or drive to the beach and feel the cool ocean breeze. I can't take a walk in the woods or listen to a gentle stream. The only thing I like about Arizona is the lack of mosquitoes. I just want to be back in my green and rainy home in the northeast.
>>
>>29864834
Desert comfy is a different kind of comfy.

Speaking as someone who had to move from the PNW to the four corners area.

Would you like some advice on how to properly embrace the desert comf or are you just going to stew in your misery? Either options totally understandable.
>>
>>29864864

Tell me how to embrace the desert comf, Anon.
>>
>>29864985
stop being a bitch
oreg
>>
>>29864985
Go throught the desert on a horse with no name.
>>
Phoenix is literally satans asshole, you fucked up
>>
>>29864834
Holy shit does all of america look like that? Where's the city lol? Move to europe, mate. Germany, France, Spain, Italy. Walking distance from the actual city where there's PEOPLE at all times doing things, instead of in the middle of fuckwhere, Arizona.
>>
>>29864985
i want to say air conditioning but does it even help at those temperatures?
>>
Come up to Flagstaff mang. Its around 80 right now.
>>
>>29865133
yes idiot
the entirety of the us is a suburb
>>
>>29864834
Houstonfag here

At least the humidity isn't so thick it becomes that, but 98f in the middle of the night.
>>
I go to university in Phoenix, it's not so bad at all.
>>
>>29865173
Pretty much, desu. Let's not play games here.
>>
>>29865133
He's lucky at least there are sidewalks there

>tfw live in the south
>tfw no sidewalks
>>
>>29864985
I'm who you replied to:

Get yourself a big leather couch and put it on as low a floor as possible- ground floor or basement. They stay pristinely cold regardless of the weather for some reason.

Make sure you always have your AC on and never open doors or windows during the summer. Close the blinds on your windows all summer too, to keep from sun exposure.

Get yourself a nice TV you can hook your computer up to and a gym membership. Put the nice TV in front of the leather couch. Make sure your car has AC and is always parked in front of your door.

Browse the chans/ watch movies/ listen to music from your couchTV setup, get in the car and go to the gym, get in the car and go to work. Do not emerge from the indoors for any longer than you have to during the summer.

Than in winter when the weather's ideal go outside and enjoy the harsh beauty of the desert. Drive out to remote trailheads and do some hiking (with lots of water) and just absorb how small you feel and how powerful the desolation is.

It's kind of like entropy personified- soon the whole earth will be a wasteland. It's like you get to see the end of days before they happen, and they're really fucking intimidating and unfriendly and beautiful.

No better cure for civilization than the desert anon, you got this.
>>
>>29864864
>muh comfy
I doubt you ever go outside desu.
>>
>>29865205
>Can't afford a car? Who cares if you have safe paths to navigate?
Southern hospitality at its best.
>>
>>29865262
I go outside whenever I can, it's just a limited option in extreme environments.
>>
>>29865133
Phoenix is a giant shitty suburb. Come to the Firehouse downtown, we have a sketch comedy show on First Fridays in the fall and you can meet some cool ass people if you're not the stereotypical racist bitch arcanine.
>>
File: 7wut.png (417 KB, 518x385) Image search: [Google]
7wut.png
417 KB, 518x385
>live in cali
>temps right now are in the early 70s
>today got about 85 degrees no humidity
>winters are high 50s
>however some 100degree heat waves happen
>90s dry heat in the summer
>then it's back to the 70s-80s from Aug-OCT
>November is 60 degrees on average
>mfw driving around with a ice cream cone from MC Donalds with the windows down
Feels good man.
>>
>>29865278
I doubt it tbqh.
>>
>>29865205
I live in the south and there's sidewalks in every city and suburban hive. You've got to be black or seriously poor to not have sidewalks
>>
>>29865527
no i'm being honest with you anon don't doubt it

i'm srs
>>
>>29865300

Tfw might have to move to Phoenix from San Diego because of jobs
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.