[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone unironically like the smiths? Their music embodies r9k.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: smiths.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smiths.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Anyone unironically like the smiths?
Their music embodies r9k.
>>
>>29863917
The Smiths are pretty good, do people generally dislike them?
>>
>>29863917
>Their music embodies r9k.

No, it embodies lebbit and fedoras. Piss off, summerfag.
>>
>>29863917
no they don't. faunts however does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSSXKGJyZYA
>>
>>29863958
They whine about how lonely they are and how they dont get girls, how is that not r9k
>>
Who the fuck ironically likes the smiths?
>>
>>29863933
It seems like something this board might dislike on the basis many tumblr girls like them
>>
The Smiths is great. Joy Division is definitely more r9k tier tho.
>>
>>29864019
>how is that not r9k

That's all "nice guys" and friendzonefags out there. It's too broad a spectrum to say it embodies us. It's like saying that a band who sings about being sad embodies us. It doesn't.

Literally every Smiths fan I ever met was some ultra-liberal, bleeding heart SJW hipster who think he's "deep". And you are probably some 15 year old faggot who just discovered them and think they're something special or worthy to open a thread about.
>>
Oh, and their music sucks as well.
>>
>>29864049
Only really heard 'love will tear us apart' and that songs about after getting into a relationship. Are the other songs more r9k tier?
>>
File: 1467603044572.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1467603044572.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
More like a failed normie band.
Still great band senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ_74tDZzU
>>
>>29864147
yes much more so even if they were all normies (fucking married)

love will tear us apart is a mediocre meme song only popular because it is one of their most normie friendly
>>
File: dethklok-fansong.gif (356 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
dethklok-fansong.gif
356 KB, 400x235
Who here /heavymetal/?

Typical normies fucking HATE this music, it contrasts strongly with niggertunes.

Unfortunately the metal scene today is total shit infected with attention-seekin roasties, faggy sad/emo/screamo bands and /mu/-tier pretentious assholes.
>>
>>29864149
think 80% of r9k are failed normies anyway desu
>>
>>29864112
What about the people on here who feel like they have no purpose in life or no motivation?
"I am sick and I am dull and I am plain, how dearly I'd like to be carried away" - The Smiths, Accept Yourself

I think it can probably be an r9k tier band on a basis of more than just being depressed.
>>
File: jon-stewart-confused-what.gif (482 KB, 245x183) Image search: [Google]
jon-stewart-confused-what.gif
482 KB, 245x183
>>29864239
Hating / Liking a certain genre of music based on social influences sounds retarded. You should feel bad.
>>
>>29864147
Give 'atmosphere' a listen.
>>
File: thom york.png (929 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
thom york.png
929 KB, 1000x667
There is just one mainstream band that embodies /r9k/
>>
i've tried listening to them and i just can't do it. i hate the fucking 80s.
>>
>le 500 days off summer band
Normie as fuck
I only listen to drone wave made in underground caves
>>
>>29864285

I dont like it because normies hate it, it just happens to be that way.
>>
>>29864323
>radiohead

Literally the favorite band of every angsty 13 year old roastie in existence. Jesus fuck, it's like you fags just discovered music and are astonished that some popular musicians sing about sadness.

>>29864258
No popular band can ever represent /r9k/, they all drown in pussy and have friends and success and millions of normies buy their CDs. Only underground one man bands like Coldworld and Lauxnos who record in their bedrooms can understand our struggle.
>>
listening to this atm
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvuweztG4Q
>>
>>29864385
No one said the band represents r9k, only their music. Becoming successful or normie doesnt suddenly change their previous works.
>>
>>29864239
Metal is easily the cringiest, most autistic music genre. The fact that you're listening to it because "normies hate it" makes it even more cringy
>>
>>29864489

Holy shit, you're all retards. I don't like it because normies hate it, it's just a coincidence, and a happy one at that.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (581 KB, 1000x680) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
581 KB, 1000x680
>joy division
>the fucking smiths

They are haven't had sex in two weeks :(((((( tier

Posting real robot music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrURuVdIauc
>>
File: Mitchellhenderson.jpg (17 KB, 350x416) Image search: [Google]
Mitchellhenderson.jpg
17 KB, 350x416
Hey guise, does Bruno Mars embody /r9k/? he has like, a song about unrequited love or something, lol, and he's a manlet. JUST LIKE US! anyway I'm off to find a qt nerdy gf playing Pokemon Go, haha!
>>
>>29864605
Posted from my iPhone 7.2 btw
>>
I listen to the Smiths but I tell no one, hipters and "different" girls ruined it, the same as Joy Division.

There's no solace for us, because we get it taken away when we have it, god hate us.
>>
Of course. Great band.

I wouldn't call Morrissey a robot. He's too attractive. Failed normie?
>>
>>29865025
The best 80's alternative and post-punk were single tracks featured on mix tapes with the bands producing nothing further of value. There's hundreds of tracks like this.
>>
File: 1455672864429.jpg (41 KB, 705x411) Image search: [Google]
1455672864429.jpg
41 KB, 705x411
>>29864149
>Be drunk one time
>In the house listening to music
>The Rank version of this starts playing
>Strikes a cord with my feelings at the time
>Listen to the lyrics and relate to them
>Start shouting the lyrics out loud at 3am in the morning
>Mfw I remembered afterwards that my parents were in asleep
>Mfw my dad laughed at me the next morning
>>
File: 1462662008023.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462662008023.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>29864304
>mgw I had atmosphere playing when I read that

I love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5VRXTEGO2w
>>
I like the Smiths a lot.
>>29864239
I've been getting more and more into metal over the years, but I'm fully aware that the current stuff I listen to is considered incredibly cringy and looked down upon by other metal enthusiasts. I've been trying to find stuff that isn't embarrassing trash that I would still genuinely like. What would you suggest?

I only ask you because /mu/ bullies me.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.