[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for people living secluded from society; are you happy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: sdfsdfds.gif (204 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdfds.gif
204 KB, 600x538
Question for people living secluded from society; are you happy?

I'm a guy who is able to hang with normies, relatively good looking and has a decent job, but I'm miserable. I hate most of the people I'm in contact with and I'm happiest in my own imagination.

I've been thinking about just cutting contact with all the people I think are bull shit (which is a good 99% of them) and just living for video games, reading, getting high, eating good food and living inside my imagination as much as possible. What's holding me back is thinking this is objectively unhealthy and will make me more miserable than I already am.

Has anyone else done this? Are you content?
>>
>>29862877
I'm thinking of doing something similar. Need to save up enough money to afford a small apartment and be able to sustain myself for a long time.
>>
>>29862877
You should watch Knight of Cups anon
>>
>>29862970
>terence malick

fuck off back to /tv/, malick is a hack
>>
I'm fine enough. All I want in my life is for normies to shut the fuck up and stay away from me.
>>
>>29862990
I know that feel. the more I'm around normies the more pissed I get, even if they like me. I don't know what it is but I feel like the majoritiy of people are a walking cliche and I can predict what they fucking say or think. it's depressing and annoying.
>>
I've done this for months at a time. Even though I am surrounded by them due to work requirements, I exist outside of them mentally and just go about my day.

Ignore them, they're all around you but you don't have to feed into their energy. Just do your own thing and treat everyone else like trees in your way - they mean no harm and are of minor annoyance.
>>
I want to start living in my imagination. I want to create a full world inside my head, I think I should learn to draw so I can visualize it better. Where do I start?
>>
>>29862877
well I actually have no friends and dont talk to anyone besides hi how are you to parents.

its fun for me because i do what i want and don't feel pressured to doing things others want to do. I feel like I can live my life like this but I may have jobs where I might have to interact with coworkers because
"they invite me out and if i refuse to I risk losing my job because not social with coworkers meme"

I can still maintain social shit but I usually want to be alone. Of course around normies I try to sound like one of them so I don't sound/look with a weirdo.
>>
>>29864537
learn to draw from life, aka pick up books on natural human anatomy that are specified for drawing. and yes it does help your abilities to visualize.
>>
File: 20705387.jpg (18 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
20705387.jpg
18 KB, 320x287
>>29862877
Never conflate happiness and being content the same way many people conflate respect and courtesy. They're very different things.

To answer your question, no. Although I'm not fulfilled at all, I do know that I'm much more comfortable and content than I would be pursuing the average healthy social life most people seemingly enjoy due to previous experience.
>>
Everything is a tradeoff, but a mostly solitary life is the best tradeoff for some people.

I live like that OP and it suits me. Everything looks better from a distance.
>>
>>29862877

>living for video games, reading, getting high, eating good food
>+gf that also wants all those things and a nice cozy place away from people.
This is my dream life.

I'm working towards achieving my dream life by making a living online.

I'm gonna make it one day, and when I do I'm gonna be fucking happy for once in my life, I don't care what anybody fucking says.
>>
This website and my mom are my only means of social interaction. Can't say I'm really that happy.
>>
>>29862877
I'm a pretty introverted person. As time goes on in my social circles, people around me slowly start to irk me, until I just need to avoid talking to them.

However, I was isolated for 5 days, without any contact besides a few words from any single living person. I had only one book, a computer, and some food - nothing else. No internet either.

It got to me really fast. I needed someone, anyone in my life - I approached strangers after this for friendship. I did some pretty stupid, cringy things just to talk to people.

My advice - be reclusive but don't cut everyone off. It's a bad idea, and it won't make things any better. At least, that's my opinion. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>29862877
>happiness
LMAO
>>
>>29862877

I graduated from university in 2009 and since then I have lived with my parents or sister. About half the time I had a fellow weirdo I went to the gym with every couple days.

I am not content. I am bored of all video games and it has been that way for nearly two years. I sit there and stare at my desktop for an hour working up the motivation to open a game, which I close after 30 minutes and repeat.

All the basic experiences of life that used to give me feelings, like finding new music, going on a hike, looking at the stars, doing something new, don't bring me any pleasure or feelings good/bad anymore.

You could probably call this clinical depression, but I think it's just the end result of this life. It's really not enough to keep you occupied for a lifetime unless you are a special kind of autist. As a species we are meant to be a part of a social unit, and it's difficult to live your life without having that on some level. It's doubly hard on us because so much of social interaction and community that would normally be available to us- or forced on us- has broken down in the modern world, and we're all more isolated than ever.
>>
Usually, but sometimes I become self aware and a crushing feeling overwhelms me

I thought I got along well with people at work, but then I realize I never got invited or asked to do anything, and noone has ever asked for my number. Meanwhile most of my other coworkers are friends who hang out and keep in contact with eachother outside.

Or sometimes I think, "oh eventually I'll get a gf one day, no need to worry". Then I realize I'm still living with my parents at 24 and many people at work/school are either in long term relationships, getting married, or planning to move in with their SO. On top of that most people my age have had 100x more romantic experiance while I juat occasionally fuck hookers like a chump.

Etc, it goes on. However most of the time. I'm ignorant to it and happy.
>>
>>29866332
>been without internet for 5 days and it sounds like it gave him ptsd
wow, you madman! 5 whole days you guys
>>
>>29866539
Complete social isolation can completely fuck your shit up and destroy your mind. There's a reason why it's a punishment in prison.

It's wasn't the internet but literally having noone to talk to him.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.