[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here homeschooled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Homeschool.jpg (70 KB, 714x584) Image search: [Google]
Homeschool.jpg
70 KB, 714x584
Who here homeschooled?
>>
I was for like a year. Fucking hated it.
>>
>>29861940
yes

my mother took me out of school in elementary school because apparently I had a lisp, and they wanted to put me into speech therapy. My mother was very against this, she thought that meant I had a mental problem, and she didn't want a kid with a mental problem.
In addition, my 4th grade teacher told my mother during a meeting that I was going to the bathroom too much (I think this was due to me knowing the teacher would allow me to go to the bathroom once every hour, so obviously I abused this)
they saw this as antisocial behavior since I clearly couldn't stand being in the room with other kids for an hour and wanted to be by myself in the bathroom or something, so they wanted me to get a mental checkup, and maybe be put on medication, which my mom obviously didn't take well.

So she pulled me out of our local public school for 3rd and 4th grades I think. She pulled my brother out as well, for no apparent reason, maybe just so I wasn't alone.

During these two years I sat at home and played GameCube with my brother all day - my mother clearly didn't have the ability to teach me anything, considering she didn't even finish high school herself, and my dad worked all day. I think I was in a program called K12, but my mom didn't really attempt to follow the curriculum as far as I can remember, and they had very lax standards.
I did get very good at Melee and played a lot of Kirby Air Ride with my brother though, for hours everyday.

After that my family moved but I was too shy at this point to talk to other kids successfully and spent most of my time alone. Most attempts at making friends didn't really work from that point on... I do remember having friends in Elementary school though, maybe just because it was easier to make friends then. If I didn't have a mental problem before I definitely did after.
>>
>>29862134
your op arnt u
>>
>>29862633
>your op arnt u
no
i just write a lot

are you op
>>
>>29861940
Until college

>tfw don't know how to interact with anyone my own age
>tfw can only interact with older people like they're my authoritarian parents
>>
>>29861940

Since 2nd grade.

Probably the worst decision I've ever made that truly fucked up my life.
>>
>>29863269
>Until college
jesus christ why would your parents do that

are you doing well in college at least
>>
>>29863581
>worst decision I've ever made
wasn't it your parents decision?
>>
>>29862134
not trying to be rude, but your mothers behavior kind of explains why you're here
>>
>>29863632

No it was mine, they just let me do it.
>>
did it all of high school so I couldn't be forced to get up at 6AM.

Good decision until I got to college and couldn't interact with guys while all my friends were getting screwed every weekend
>>
>>29863718
do you honestly believe you couldn't achieve the same?

how are women so delusional? I really don't understand
>>
>>29863687
You were fucking 9 years old or so, and couldn't think critically of the consquences

It's definitely your parents' fault
>>
>>29863269
This, I was basically stuck in a cage until 20 when I got into college.

>>29863687
>No it was mine, they just let me do it.
My dad used to make me think shit like that in order to manipulate me into liking him and hating myself and basically anyone that isn't him. You were a little kid, it was 100% a decision of your parents.
>>
>>29863718
i dated a homeschool catholic girl college pauseout. she was so intelligent and pure, so glad i ever knew her. more real than any stacy.

swore to homeschool my kids if anyone is crazy enough to have a family with me (mental health problesm)
>>
>>29863741
I probably could. It's just I've come to realize I can't really interact with people very well in the end and it always ends in awkwardness.

Thank you for having hope in me though, really appreciate it!
>>
Yeah, probably the best thing to ever happen to me. School isn't education it's just indoctrination anyway.
>>
File: 1462395278034.jpg (53 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1462395278034.jpg
53 KB, 600x338
>>29864091
>School isn't education it's just indoctrination anyway.
>>
>>29864172
no please tell me again how ontology is revealed by empirical science
>>
File: 1458891565012.png (340 KB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
1458891565012.png
340 KB, 942x942
>>29864227
>ontology is revealed by empirical science
>>
>>29864269
Don't bully anon with the lowest effort shitposting method of all time.
>>
File: 1460326861210.png (289 KB, 553x463) Image search: [Google]
1460326861210.png
289 KB, 553x463
>>29864318
>lowest effort shitposting method of all time.
>>
>>29864172
well in English classes you learn more about what the evil white man did instead of reading classic literature

if that isn't indoctrination I don't know what is
>>
>>29863585
my parents were pretty religious so they believed the world is evil and their kids needed to be protected from it until we got raptured. we didn't have much contact with the outside world.

i'm doing better. i didn't try very hard at first because i'd never had graded work before. i only learned how to actually study, recently.

if you meant socially, then i talk to a couple people in my cs classes but it's usually me showing him how i solved some problem. sometimes i try and explain things to other students in my classes but that's only if there's no one else around to help them.

i guess things are better but i'm getting tired of learning things everyone else learned years ago.
>>
>>29864340
>well in English classes you learn more about what the evil white man did instead of reading classic literature

I have no clue what your english classes were like but mine were not like this

and you are allowed to form your own opinions on the literature you discuss in class, if your english teacher was trying to push some narrative she clearly wasn't doing her job well
>>
My parents weren't very religious, but extremely over protective. My father was a huge beta whenever my mother expressed an opinion, and when she got scared of me excelling in school, advancing in grades, getting into advanced education programs and actually learning she pulled me out and insisted that I be homeschooled. She did nothing. She didn't buy any books, she didn't teach me. She laid in bed taking benzos all day and thought that I'd be fine. Me, and my two siblings.

I had to teach myself. From the 6th grade til I graduated highschool. At a certain point I was so socially isolated I was afraid of going back to public school and being an outcast and insisted that I wanted to be homeschooled. I'd take it all fucking back if I could. I did a decent job teaching myself, but there are so many holes in my education. To this day if I tell anyone that I was homeschooled they say, "oh, that explains it."
>>
>>29864421
Even if your parents do nothing it's better than being fed bullshit in schools. You will come to thank them one day, as I have.
>>
File: 1462436212943.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462436212943.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>29864469
>Even if your parents do nothing it's better than being fed bullshit in schools.
>>
>>29864469
what bullshit were you fed, anon?
>>
>>29864469
I know the school lunches weren't that good but it's not that big of an issue anon
>>
>>29864496
Absolutely none, thanks be to God
>>
>>29864523
how do you know that would have happened, then?
>>
>>29864469
>given the opportunity to get a mediocre education and invaluable social experience
>parents steal it away, socially isolate you and teach you nothing
I will never forgive them
>>
>>29864556
What do you mean? Public school is not a facility of learning it is a facility of boring and indoctrinating children and doubling as a day care. I can't think of a child alive who couldn't do without that.
>>29864569
They don't need to teach you anything. Also, childhood social experience is not very important if you're an aspie now chances are you would have been one in school anyway.
>>
>>29864617
I've gone out of my way to get tested and I am without a doubt not an aspie, just socially stunted from years of social isolation.

>They don't need to teach you anything
You're an idiot.
>>
>>29864648
Teaching you nothing far exceeds teaching you ill, which you will later have to waste your time unlearning anyway. I guarantee you were not more confined than I, and I function perfectly in social situations. The problem is all yours, it seems, blame not your parents or your upbringing. Let me give you the education your parents did not: Don't go around calling people idiots anymore, they're going to think you're an aspie and you'll have "social problems" if you continue

There, go forth and be an aspie no longer
>>
>>29864617
>Public school is not a facility of learning it is a facility of boring and indoctrinating children and doubling as a day care. I can't think of a child alive who couldn't do without that.

how do you know that's true, though? what's the basis of your belief?

i have cousins who are in law school and med school. some of them are getting married. they all went to school. i didn't and i can barely talk to people. my opinion is based on my interactions with people who are homeschooled vs. not. admittedly, it's anecdotal and basing it off a small sample size but every person i've met who was homeschooled is always off socially. almost all were depressed or felt bad about it too.
>>
>>29864733
From your post I gather you're less concerned about the actually education at the school and more with simple social interaction and social experience so I'll speak to that first. I've noticed no greater quantity of social awkwardness amongst homeschooled kids, 5 in total, counting myself. I think you're under the impression that every child who goes to school comes out of it with a silver tongue, when that just isn't the case. Consider then how low the number of homeschooled kids you meet is compared to the vast ocean of public school children and then consider if the homeschooled ones are, if not better, at least free from the majority of the ills that come from socializing in an environment with little adult interaction. I don't know about you, but I can more trust the word of a homeschooled child than a public schooled one. Now then, as I hinted at earlier, I ask that you train your lens on the average person walking about, in line at grocery store, anyone you interact with who was public educated, and tell me if you think most of them are Gods of social interactions or if, as I have seen, they are mostly average, some worse at it, some better, same as any other homeschooler. That's why I think socializing in school is unnecessary, oh, and plus you can always learn it later as I have provided you have basic speech

As to the education, I have experience with publicly educated people and have observed they have no greater knowledge than me. I have access to the average highschool test scores, GED, SAT, and all the others and I see where I placed having spent a weekend learning math from scratch and where other kids placed who spent 8 hours a day for 12 years placed and from this also I can conclude it's a waste of time. I also have the testimonies of my parents, of teachers, of employers, who ignore school certificates since it is not proof of knowledge. I also know everything they teach in school one can learn on their own much easier at home
>>
>>29865046
>I think you're under the impression that every child who goes to school comes out of it with a silver tongue

no, i've met kids who went to public school who are in bad shape too. it's just that my experience has been that homeschooled kids average worse in social skills.

>I see where I placed having spent a weekend learning math from scratch and where other kids placed who spent 8 hours a day for 12 years placed

you must be pretty smart if you can do that, anon. i don't think as many people can do what you did as you think. i had to teach myself math from textbooks and eventually, i'd get stuck and i'd have to wait until my dad would get home to explain it. he was not a good teacher and it was difficult and i was the one in the family who was "good at math". i tested into calculus but when i took a calculus class in college, there were a lot of mathematical concepts i was supposed to have already learned but didn't understand. it was incredibly helpful to be able to go to my professor and have her explain things to me. i think my brother and sister could've had a much better education if they'd just had someone who was trained to teach math teach them.
>>
>>29865476
Don't get me wrong I didn't learn space math just highschool equivalent math to past the test and I didn't even get perfect marks. But considering the time I spent on it compared to what others spent I came out way ahead on the exchange. Higher math would be tougher, but there is youtube and the internet and you can train yourself in it easily, leisurely, and comfortably without having to wake up at 6 am and sitting around for 8 hours while being fed nonsense. And even in your case, though there were some small concepts you didn't know, would you trade 12 years of your life just so you wouldn't have to ask your professor a couple questions? I wouldn't
>>
I was homeschooled from pre-K to college. In the beginning, my mom tried her best to socialize me but she never took the religious angle seriously enough so no matter what we did we were always outsiders. Towards the end in the highschool years, my parent's marriage fell apart and she just gave up caring and at that point I just became a NEET.

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with it from a social perspective IF you are willing to indoctrinate your kids and get them involved in a religious community so they have friends to fall back on. Otherwise they're not going to fit in with anyone.

Tbh a lot of failed normie homeschoolers complain about their parent's choice but its still better than public school. Its probably the only reason I still have morals despite being on this board. If I went to public school I would have probably turned into a complete degenerate. The only thing your kids learn from school is leftist propaganda and how to get your dick wet.
>>
>>29865834
It's for the best if you don't fit in with lying hedonist leftist puppets then. I'm a firm believer that the reason social problems occur is because the homeschooled brooks not casual wickedness. I'd rather be alone forever than run in a pack of sodomites
>>
>>29865904
I agree

oregano commento
>>
File: YNRnlBP.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
YNRnlBP.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>29864350
oh, man. How do you feel about traps, Anon? Can I corrupt you? Can I do painful and scary things to you that your parents would hate?
>>
>>29865834
Same pretty much. 1st grade till I graduated high school. I'm really a people person but whenever i open my mouth it's like I can't speak English. I always either say stupid shit or shit that doesn't make sense unless it is someone I've known for a long time. I pretty much just say "how's it going" if anyone acknowledges me and then buzz off. I do feel like homeschool did more good than bad for me. I definitely got a better education than my friends at public school did. Scored high on my ASVAB and landed a great job in the Air Force, but still can't communicate well.
>>
>>29866067
i've got no problem with traps but i'm afraid of intimacy. sorry, anon.
>>
>>29867591
have you ever considered starting HRT? I think you should
>>
I'm glad I was home schooled. I'm just too smart for anyone to be able to teach me. Independent study is best, I pretty much just read and played runescape the whole time. No supervision at all. I got a bachelors in nursing and made straight A's so I got a free ride all the way. Decent money but I'm torn between starting a business in an unrelated field now that I have capital or just going full wagekek and becoming as anesthetitist. Basically it's either hard work for a chance at huge bucks, or easy work for a high paying high security career.
>>
>>29869171
>bachelors in nursing
do you honestly think smart people go into nursing

keep telling yourself you are too smart for anyone to teach you
>>
>>29869450

I went into it so that proves it.

Every jackass goes into business or economics. Nursing was 2 years of studying for $70k average and 3 days a week of work, bachelors was another year while working full time. I am perfectly capable of doing a doctoral degree in physics or math, but I'm in it for the money. I don't give two shits about being published.

There's no need to be envious. I'm sure you have to be good at at least something. You're potty trained right? See, you're not totally worthless. It just happens some people are not just good at one thing, but many, and not just good, but exceptional. An example would be my narcissistic ass.
>>
>>29869171
thanks, your post gave me hope about learning.
no one on 4chan allows anyone else to be intelligent because of envy.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.