[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /r9k/ feel about The Wall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: is_there_anybody_out_there.jpg (112 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
is_there_anybody_out_there.jpg
112 KB, 900x675
The middle/second half of this album often hits pretty close to home for me, anyone else feel like this?
and is there any other music that has this kind of isolated/lonely feel?
>>
dadrock for "le wrong generation" kids
>>
>>29860967
i never understood this meme.
how are they in the wrong generation? they're the generation who can listen to almost any music legally or otherwise using the internet.
>>
File: 1468108126526.jpg (52 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1468108126526.jpg
52 KB, 600x338
>>29860904
I haven't been able to actually listen to it because my /mu/ friend says I MUST watch the movie instead of just listening to it, but 3 times in a row I light up, turn it on, and then fall asleep
>>
>>29861572
i don't know about needing to watch the movie, but it's definitely better if you can follow the narrative of the album about a rock star who becomes distant from the world by building up emotional walls, and then half way through the album tries to completely isolate himself, before regretting it, but realising he's already gone too far. and then he becomes a nazi or something and gets put on trial in his mind
>>
>>29860904
Dark side of the moon is 100x better
the wall is like the weakest Floyd album. It's normie/angsty teen tier
>>
File: cover.jpg (293 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
293 KB, 1300x1300
Pink Floyd is beyond overrated, but I still like listening to pic related every so often. They're just music for pretentious fucks who google "good music" or "thinking man's music".
>>
>>29860904
Never really liked the wall, loved dark side tho
>>
>>29861572

Gee. I wonder what in that equation could be making you tired.
>>
>>29860904
One of the best albums ever imo
>>
>>29861820
there is a reason they're so popular
>>
>>29862094
Yeah, because it's easy to digest record label produced normie music meant to appeal to a lot of people.
>>
>>29861748
I just don't think it's put together that well. It still has some of their best songs though.
>>
Olias of Sunhillow
circa 1974?

reminds me of anime music somehow, but it's kinda lonely and spooky.
>>
File: auschwitz wojak.jpg (536 KB, 1141x711) Image search: [Google]
auschwitz wojak.jpg
536 KB, 1141x711
>>29860904
>tfw been jamming to this album since 4th grade and things still haven't changed that much
>>
File: Wow Nice Job.webm (42 KB, 292x422) Image search: [Google]
Wow Nice Job.webm
42 KB, 292x422
>>29862149
Pretty much what this anon said. If you really think a digest their music, it's painfully average for the time. People just over glorify them now because of how they sounded in current times. You're no better then a normie because right now your in the mindset of old == good. Hence this anon >>29860967 was right all along.
>>
>>29862395
are you saying people can't come to the conclusion that they prefer this music WITHOUT taking into account when it was made?
I don't give a fuck when it was made, I just think it's a good album
>>
>>29861820
That album is mostly twee crap and you're just saying that to be different you faggot.
>>
Could never get into dark side of the moon.
Parents showed me a 'The Wall: live in Berlin' vhs when I was a wee lad. It made an impression on me. I especially relate to the second disc, where pink isolates himself and becomes a bitter, fascist misanthrope.
>>
>>29862567
I'm saying people who tend to prefer Pink Floyd are either old or view themselves as better then every around them. Pink Floyd are no where near as good as many other prog groups out there. If you listen to more then one album in that genre, you would have already stopped listening to them.

>>29862596
Actually I like their psychedelic rock sound a lot, but when they do art rock / prog they start to sound generic as fuck.
>>
>>29862616
that's the shit i like from it
well, i like all of it, but stuff like "Hey You" and "Is There Anybody Out There?" is great
>>
>>29862670
what albums in the prog genre would you recommend?
>>
File: cover.jpg (115 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
115 KB, 945x945
>>29862700
Check out Can, Faust, Neu!, Gong, King Crimson, T2, and Yes for some easy to get into stuff.
>>
>>29862733
i'm not a huge fan of Yes, but i'll check out the other stuff familia
>>
>>29862670
Honestly i don't like most classic rock for this reason- reminds me of car commercials and vapid, snobby normies, and an idealized hedonist hippy past i missed out on. The wall is different in that it sort anticipates today's robot zeitgeist
>>
File: Swings.gif (845 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
Swings.gif
845 KB, 460x259
>>29861820
What about Arnold Layne, see Emily play, octopus?
>>
>>29861820
You are a complete retard
>your comment was not original
>>
>>29863044
Why is he a complete retard
>>
i used to listen to it a lot as a teen. i can't really listen to it now, it's way too whiny and angsty. it has some ok songs scattered here and there, but it's just a mess.

david gilmour also can't stand the album, he has straight up said that it has "no soul." he's right, it's just roger waters whining about stuff.

they peaked with wish you were here/animals.
>>
>>29863044
You are a compIete retard
>>
meddle>animals>dsotm=wish you were here>a saucerful of secrets=piper at the gates>>>the wall>>>>>>atom heart mother>>>>>>>>>>the final cut
>>
I Like the dark side of the moon more.
The wall is not enought psyco.
>>
>>29863191
i like the final cut. it's basically a waters solo album, but i feel it's got the best vocal work he's ever done. plus the saxaphone in the gunner's dream is great.
>>
>>29862733
Like all of those you named but you remain a giant faggot for thinking you can shit on anyone's musical taste for thinking they are better than others because that is what you are doing. I love Pink Floyd, always will, I stand by that.

Btw, I recommend I see seaweed by the drones for robots.
>>
>>29860967
>>29862395

well meme'd!

also fuck off anime display picture faggot.
>>
File: Nice Meme.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nice Meme.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>29863310
We're on 4chan so I can shit on anyone's taste. I'm just not autistic enough to do it outside of the internet.

>>29863417
Fuck off Dad
>>
>>29863623
so you have mild autism
>>
>>29863765
Yep. On 4chan I'm a super sperg and outside I don't talk to anyone so I couldn't even shit on people if I wanted to.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.