[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which subculture were you a part of?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 29
What did scene kids stand for? What was their deal?

I was a stoner/skater in hs
>>
>>29858214
programmer who pretended to be a skater reporting in
my feels are most unusual
>>
I was a footfag
>>
Nerd. Like stereotypical 80s nerd. DnD, thick rimmed glasses, the works
>>
I had bad social anxiety, so I wasn't part of any subculture. I was the school loner.

If I hadn't had social anxiety, I probably would have been part of the jocks. I was always decent at sports and loved playing/watching them.
>>
I was there with the hip hop kids, but I was not a wigger given I am latin. Basically we walked around battle rapping and talking about rap and playing basketball.

It was neat.
>>
I have never gotten to be a part of any kind of culture. never really had any friends, which is kind of a prerequisite.
I was always very careful to dress as plainly as possible, and it worked. Nobody ever noticed me, and they still don't.
I've always wanted to be a part of some sort of culture but I don't believe in anything and I don't really have any friends.
>>
I used to listen to ska and go to shows and concerts a lot. I used to dress like a skater with tight jeans and band shirts with long hair.
>>
i'm basically >>29858290
>I had bad social anxiety, so I wasn't part of any subculture. I was the school loner.

i stopped going to school at some point.

i never wanted to be a part of anything because everyone was full of shit and hypocritical and shallow and manipulative and boring. i was never good enough or passionate enough about any particular thing, either.

i'm now an extremely mediocre human being despite being smarter/kinder/more genuine than almost everyone i've ever known. i wasted any gift i might have had because i didn't feel like changing to fit in. i hate the way the world works.
>>
they didnt stand for anything. it was a corporate fad
>>
It's a fashion thing more than anything else. Club scene mixed with soft punk mostly. I dont think there was much of a point, but maybe that was the point. It was about hedonism, and being over the top. I did it for a year or so, but found it too much fucking trouble to manage.
>>
>>29858452
>2016
>blaming others because they are too stupid and short-sighted to look beyond casual appearances
just kidding, i too stopped participating in the world because of this
>>
>>29858214
I was a loner and I loved jazz a lot and I mean a lot, still do but never dressed up as anything just played a lot of music.
>>
>>29858318
Want to be friends?

Original comment I really do want to be friends.
>>
>>29858593
I can't keep friends. It just doesn't work out.
>>
I was a metalhead and a pothead
>>
>>29858611
We could be internet friends and talk about random things?
https://discord.gg/huf2q
>>
>>29858214
I was a loner but tried to be part of the scene subculture for a while. A lot of eyeliner, bring me the horizon, long greasy hair. Glad I grew out of that fairly quickly
>>
>>29858711
bring me the horizon is the shit, fuck off faggot
>>
>>29858731
>grew out of it
i know they're shit
>>
File: 1421785702736-0.jpg (185 KB, 900x936) Image search: [Google]
1421785702736-0.jpg
185 KB, 900x936
I used to be a goth.

Now I'm a cybergoth.
>>
>>29858756
I said they're THE shit.

not their fault you had to turn all scene
>>
>>29858711
>>29858731
>>29858756
Only their latest album, every single other album is just fucking edgelord nonsense.

Also, Pierce the Veil is barely even fucking music and I immediately lose respect for anyone who likes them.
>>
File: dashhoodie.jpg (82 KB, 1200x1815) Image search: [Google]
dashhoodie.jpg
82 KB, 1200x1815
>>29858214
I was a very open brony and based my entire personality on it in high school for like 2012 - 2013.

I used to wear pic related every single day.

Kill me please
>>
>>29858756
>>29858731
Never mind, I misread your reply. But they're still edgy teenager shit.

http://youtu.be/PBssW1E4Ppg
>>
Punk. Still am, just don't really try that hard with the clothing
>>
>>29858800
Haven't heard their latest album. Last one I heard was sempiternal.

And pierce the veil is just pandering to teenage girls. I don't understand how anyone actually likes them
>>
My parents would never let me go out so obviously I was not part of any subculture. I had a few close friends though.
I divided my time between programming, music, movies and 4chan.
Time well spent.
>>
Not exactly a subculture, but I was an extremely edgy nihilist kid. No wonder no one wants to be friends with me now.
>>
>>29858800
>implying sempiternal wasn't the goat bmth album
>implying they're not all good in there own way

ok
>>
>>29858806
not really edgy but ok

http://youtu.be/pwfkNxk2x3I
>>
>>29858802
i'd kill you if i could
>>
>>29858830
I agree with pierce the veil being shit, bmth isn't however and is just band wagoned shit on for no good reason
>>
>>29858452
>despite being smarter/kinder/more genuine than almost everyone i've ever known
>i wasted any gift
no you didnt desu, you're just a mediocre narcissistic idiot
>>
>>29858777
ngl count your blessings was a decent album, but it was downhill from there
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 666x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 666x416
Class president. Football, lacrosse, and basketball player. Well like by almost everyone. Close group of friends. Pretty normie desu. Idk why I even come here.
>>
Scene was just the new emo which was the new goth
>>
>>29858802
Jesus anon, how did you let yourself sink that low?
>>
>>29858214
I was sort of an addblocker plus. Mostly blocked triggering images block one and the rest follows sorta.
>>
>>29858928
it was good without a doubt, but they branched off and all albums are good in different ways. can't look at it with tunnel vision
>>
>>29858214
Ayy skater/druggie here as well! Also kind of an autistic nerd, I bridged the gap of those subcultures in hs and helped those two groups be friends.
>>
File: 1468116032394.jpg (30 KB, 850x702) Image search: [Google]
1468116032394.jpg
30 KB, 850x702
None. I was a loner who nobody talked to and I stayed in my room whenever I wasn't at school.

It's a bit better now though, I actually have a job and people to hang out with. I'm not even a part of any subculture, I just get along well with people now for some reason.
>>
>>29858976
definitely, just downhill from my pov, but they've always had technical skill
>>
I was and still am to an extent a huge Metalhead.
I also smoked a lot of weed and took all sorts of other drugs. I hung out a lot with the stoners, but never really got involved into stoner culture.
>>
>>29858963
Honestly I don't know anymore. Those years just melded together to form a cancerous tumor on my life.
>>
There were no real subcultures in my prep kid school.
>>
Didn't have a culture, we were just the weirdos who threw bricks at each other.
>>
File: photo.jpg (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
72 KB, 900x900
Can this be considered a subculture?
Also just add glasses and remove brackets.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (2 KB, 73x110) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
2 KB, 73x110
>asian kid
>almost all my friends were black
Would I count as a wigger?
>>
Free software culture

I still am
>>
File: 65_bongs_dave.png (194 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
65_bongs_dave.png
194 KB, 500x378
Okay I typed out this huge greentext but fuck it. Basically on the first few days of germanys highschool equivalent I somehow, SOMEHOW befriended the adult drug dealers in the parking lot. I was 11, mind you, they were about 20 to 30. Next few years were a blur of gang shit, boxing career and drug abuse. Never had so much fun in my life famalam I miss these fucks. The leader moved away though, and now I'm a friendless robot going for his thirties, and he's a big ass dealer in berlin. I honestly believe live would've been worse for me if they didnt make me into a man
>>
File: oIWkgGU.jpg (160 KB, 687x434) Image search: [Google]
oIWkgGU.jpg
160 KB, 687x434
Snownigger
>>
>>29858214
I was in the whole visual kei/goth thing, my hair was long and bleached and I wore black everything.
>>
>>29858214
The political kid
Communist as a freshman
Neo nazi as a senior

I'm black too btw
>>
The quiet smart loser who was constantly stoned without anyone noticing.
>>
>>29859297
Never change, friendaroo
>>
>>29858214
I was the shy nerdy kid during school hours because none of my friends were in my form. Outside of school hours I was a more confident breed of nerd because I could hang with me m80s.
>>
>>29859376
So basically you just believe whatever people tell you too?
>>29859305
Why aren't you in Berlin with him slinging shit?
>>
File: 56845.jpg (23 KB, 350x228) Image search: [Google]
56845.jpg
23 KB, 350x228
>>29859376
> Communist
Hell yeah, comrade!

Equal free poverty for everyone!
>>
>>29858214
9-10th grade i was irrelevant
11-12th i was part of the /fit/ bois
>>
>>29859377
The best stoners are the ones no one would expect
>>
>>29858214
computer science nerds

the kids who came in before and after school as well as during class to work on autism projects

just about all of us are successful now, some ridiculously successful
>>
I was an alcohol abusing skinhead

I'm not drinking anymore now
>>
>>29858214
Smelly virgin neckbeard with badly fitting clothes.
>>
>>29858905
This

Anyone who calls themselves the nicest/most genuine individual probably isn't
>>
The "sensitive guy" a la Not Another Teen Movie.

It actually worked for me, but I guess I wasn't actually sensitive enough to sense all the signs that so many girls liked me. lel
>>
>>29858452
classic narcissist

>smarter
smart people are usually introspective
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 279x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 279x300
>>29858214
Greaser, I still am
>>
File: 6133660-large.jpg (62 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
6133660-large.jpg
62 KB, 618x416
Hung with the disaffected stoner delinquent kids. Half listened to generic normie music and the other half were punks, metalheads, and dad rockers.

Would have rolled with goths if they had an actual group, only briefly met a single qt goth in middle school and to this day regret not talking with her more. My style was band shirts and black jeans, occasionally with a dash of grunge look because of ratty flannel and hoodies.
>>
I Spent a lot of time after school with my friends on the computer playing games on steam like css
But in school i was completely different
I dressed like a hipster and listened to metal
So i wasn't really in a subculture, but if i was to say i was part of one, it would probably be gaming with my group of 6 friends
>>
>>29859497
did you take a shit on their chests
>>
>>29859460
This is true.
>I had a friend who was playing sports, working out and playing drums for the school band who was a low key stoner.
>another friend who was our class president and doing a lot of AP classes also would get stoned pretty often

The annoying ones were the filthy pothead who smoked weed all the time and went around making sure everyone knew they were high
>>
File: fashion updated.jpg (283 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
fashion updated.jpg
283 KB, 1400x1000
>>29858214
scene kids were just the next mutation of early 2000s emo & mallgoth who themselves were a mutation of late 90s numetal.

Personally I was part of the punk/metal scene in the late 90s/early 2000s. I also dabbed in the mallgoth & emo and pop-punk scene because it got me laid. I also got laid with a scene girl but then I stopped giving a shit about subcultures.

2bh I never really fit in most of them because it was almost always a popularity and fashion contest. I used to see guys & girls who were into LARP and anime and was like "haha......l-look at those nerds having fun....", I only got into that a few years ago now, I regret not doing it earlier.
>>
Double mint Dave, they called me. I was pretty popular.
>>
>>29859492
We're you at least one of the more outgoing ones who was always surrounded by emo chicks?
>>
>>29858214
I was a weeaboo. I was also a really cancerous weeb that was a huge fan of lolrandom humor.
still am, really ^w^
>>
>>29859638
>then I stopped giving a shit about subcultures
>LARP and anime
>I only got into that a few years ago now, I regret not doing it earlier

Shockingly low self awareness tbqbh senpai
>>
>>29858214
I was a social butterfly in high school. I hung out with vidya nerds, weeaboos, jocks, drug abusers, underacheivers, skaters, pretty much every clique to varying degrees besides the autistic kids and the mega nerds.
>>
>>29858214
>when I was your age son, I was a robot
>>
File: BTew1Fx-3xc.jpg (43 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
BTew1Fx-3xc.jpg
43 KB, 604x403
Who /straightedge/ here? It seems to be gaining popularity amongst young people here.
>>
File: 1465102437220.png (214 KB, 347x462) Image search: [Google]
1465102437220.png
214 KB, 347x462
What are the current highschool subcultures and trends?

I graduated 7 years ago (holy shit tfw realizing it's been 7 years now )
>>
None I just hanged around with other losers and occasionally potheads who would loiter near the bandroom. It was alright since no one bothered us. All we did was talk about videogames and bond over our dislike of others. Also got discounts on shit weed from stoner buds
>>
>>29859781
being degenerate/liberal/leftist is a thing now
>>
File: 1441848376672.jpg (34 KB, 533x604) Image search: [Google]
1441848376672.jpg
34 KB, 533x604
>>29858214
I was more goth really. Come to think of it, even though I don't wear bondage pants and collars anymore, I'm more "goth" now than I ever was personality wise.
>>
>>29859807
How do they dress?
>>
The vidya/anime/4chan kiddos

We were the coolest bunch of losers ever
>>
Miscellaneous nerd, hung out with a couple friends at our table, a lot of them were band kids but I myself was not, and we hung out with each other more than they hung out with band kids.

Band kids at our school knew so many card games, it was bananas.

Towards the end of high school, one friend split away to play lacrosse, became psuedo-jock, though still nice. One friend got a girlfriend and always hung out with her, one left to hang out with other friends, one got super busy with classes (IB program), a few more that would sometimes come by stopped, etc. so by mid senior year I would sit at that table by myself at lunch half the time if IB friend has a meeting. I took to going to the library and reading.

Also by mid/late high school I started smoking weed so I made friends with some stoner people. I was in advanced classes so I became sorta friends with a lot of my classmates there but we didn't hang out at lunch.

I never hung out with friends after school. I would socialize during school then be home by myself all day after. Only exception was smoking with some of the stoner dudes sometimes.
>>
>tfw used to hang out with stoner kids until one of them snuck up to the window of my room and saw me jacking off
I even found his footprints outside. Fucking Chad stoners are the worst.
>>
>>29858214
mix of punk and goth because I liked both and got deeper into it with crustpunk beliefs and yeah.. I was cool to lots of people because I'm black and it was weird seeing someone like me dressed in doc martins/biker jacket with aus rotten on my back.
today I left all that shit behind because I find it silly and the ONLY thing I hang onto is wearing only black clothing but plain black clothing.. I don't like standing out anymore
>>
>>29859857
>One friend got a girlfriend and always hung out with her

That's the worst feel. Especially when he was your only friend and you had to pretend like everything was fine and that you had other friends when you'd sometimrs bump into him during school
>>
>>29859280
the correct term is chigga
>>
>>29859684
They're barely subcultures, and I'm not into anime because I want to seem cool or tough, which what punk/metal/goth is about.
>>
Neither, I did my own thing
>>
>>29859396
Got a good job and shit. Doubt he'd recognize me anyway, its been a long time

T-thanks for the (you) though
>>
>>29858214
Metalhead/Stoner/Edgy kid

Band tees,ultra baggy cargo shorts,long ass hair.Smoked weed after school with some stoner dudes and would talk about either bands i listen to or weed.Wore celtic pendants when somebody asked why i was wearing them i said it was to honour my ancestors and make their legacy live on.I usually would rant about how we needed to purge browns and blacks,how we needed another crusade etc.Was a douchebag but had friends and girl attention.Actually was normie-ish back then.
>>
I refused to go to high school. I would ditch, go late, get suspended, not do any work, disobey teachers, etc. After 2 or 3 months I began shitting myself, I did this for 2 days in a row before I finally got my mom to withdraw me from school and "homeschool" me, which meant, leave me alone all day watching anime, playing video games and jerking off. Currently 23, still doing the same, life is good.
>>
I used to pretend to be a detective and report all the people doing bad things in school like smoking and talking about underage drinking.

I was awarded with the school warden position.
>>
File: 1466486234092.png (96 KB, 318x262) Image search: [Google]
1466486234092.png
96 KB, 318x262
>>29858265
KOKTEP
>>
>>29859376
Freshman year I started as a commie and became a hardcore libertarian, which is where I ended up.
>>
File: scene.jpg (206 KB, 652x762) Image search: [Google]
scene.jpg
206 KB, 652x762
There was an awesome 80's thrash metal revival scene in Hollywood when I was in Highschool, so I was a thrash metal kid with blue jeans, band shirts, and leather jacket or denim vest on top of my boots or skate shoes

I had so much fun back in 2005-08, too bad I never met any grills.

>pic related
>>
>>29859549
Lame. You guys are fags right next to these scene kids
>>
I didn't really fit into any group.
But I was, for some reason unknown to me, loved by virtually everyone in my year. I even won prom king. That was the first night I talked to a woman.
>>
>>29859956
bleh, I met a lot of chad stoners in college, they're the worst humans in the world, PRIMUS REALLY DOES BLOW ASS YOU FRICKS
>>
Was a metalhead in high school.

Probably the only reason why I had like 3 friends back then instead of being completely alone.
>>
>>29858214
I was a scene kid, or at least tried to be. It was about the music, mostly.
>>
>>29860557
naw man just chill and relax u know? btw anon is SUCH A PUSSY for not being able to take HUGE BONG RIPS HAHA 420 I USE WEED TO MAKE WOMEN SUCK MY DICK
>>
File: wojak inhaling.jpg (57 KB, 641x773) Image search: [Google]
wojak inhaling.jpg
57 KB, 641x773
>tfw never really fit into a subculture
took a look at the communists and the weeaboos because I was familiar with a few people from both of those groups, but only to dropped in here and there from time to time.
subcultures are kind of stupid to be honest.
>>
>>29858760
cybergoth seems kinda cool, how do I get in
>>
>>29859829
like literally every schoolkid
>>
>>29858214
Just the general weird kid. Dressed in oversized clothing, messy hair, made animal noises, top of honors class and always in the library.

If anime had been a bigger thing and not just 3 other people, I might've been that, but there wasn't much to do besides borrow manga (I grew up with dial-up).
>>
>>29860824
To be clear, the other three people into anime never were a group, because we didn't talk to each other beyond giving out lists of what we wanted to borrow. We only saw each other in the first ~20 or so minutes before school began.
>>
>>29858307
Lol, just because you aren't white doesn't make this ok. Fucking nigger.
>>
>>29860384
Thanks for the (you) even if it's a mild insult

What's your favourite subculture then?
>>
File: 1468144693442.gif (605 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1468144693442.gif
605 KB, 500x281
>the kid who everybody liked but was secretly a /pol/ tier Nazi who hated non whites and had a Chinese friend who he'd talk about politics with

Anybody else?
>>
File: 0047 - i50AZzg.png (32 KB, 381x339) Image search: [Google]
0047 - i50AZzg.png
32 KB, 381x339
>>29858214
Big into comics (catching up on Marvel timeline stuff rn), Star Wars, gaming, and hiking. Also I'm not a normie.
>>
File: Bones.jpg (699 KB, 1008x1624) Image search: [Google]
Bones.jpg
699 KB, 1008x1624
Was a big metalhead and otaku, but my two friends didn't have either of those interests. We were mostly the loners who just listened to music / sat in silence during our lunch period. One day, one of them seriously discussed shooting up the school and I actually was on board with it. Glad nothing ever came out of it, but I do wonder were those two are today.
>wore pic related almost every day.
>>
I was just the average loser.
>>
I could kinda tell all the cliques a bunch of bullshit, and no one was going to care about them even a few years after high school.
So, to put it short, I was better than them.
>>
>>29861175
Describe what the average loser is/was, please.
>>
>>29859639
I was Mark the mint man. good times
>>
Started off with the "halo 3 and monster all night long" guys, freshman year, moved to the computer nerds sophomore year, got an '86 corvette junior year and started hanging out with the artsy types, then in my senior year I got a degenerate gf and became a stoner. After that, I graduated, got a job, quit, started going to college and got an associate's degree. Moved onto a uni and now I'm going for my master's in geology. Only subculture I fit into right now is the geology/rock hounding types that I share classes with.
>>
>>29858214
Used to be a try hard wannabe pro gamer, wasted my entrie youth "sharping" my skills in video game instead learning how to program and other IT stuffs.

Now I'm neither famous and good at video games. Fuck me
>>
File: 1461428683446.gif (536 KB, 500x515) Image search: [Google]
1461428683446.gif
536 KB, 500x515
>was the homeschooled kid with no friends who was obsessed with death and morbid shit
>the kid who dressed in all black and listened to goth music but never went to a single concert or club, never associated with the cliques and never identified with any subculture

You could say goth but it really doesn't count if you never were a part of the subculture, can you?
>>
>>29861454
It's called being an edgy faggot.
>>
>>29861558
I was a teenager for fuck's sake.
>>
>>29861599
Most teenager weren't edgy faggots.
>>
File: 1432249417621.jpg (35 KB, 615x630) Image search: [Google]
1432249417621.jpg
35 KB, 615x630
>>29861622
Well lucky them
>>
>>29858760
>cybergoth and rivetheads were a thing since the 90'S
>died in 2013
What happened, did these groups become something else or have their aesthetics changed?
>>
>>29858248
Milo? Is that you?
>>
>>29858802
Hey, did you wear this for the yearbook picture?
Cause if you were that kid we all definitely made fun of you lmao
>>
>>29859659
pretty much this
please tell me your spoiler was meant to be bait
>>
>>29862169
i'm not milo .-. was he like me tho
>>
File: 1464098047419.jpg (63 KB, 450x562) Image search: [Google]
1464098047419.jpg
63 KB, 450x562
Slackercore, both aesthetics and personality. Never did much, slept in class but still got honor roll, self aware that HS was just a social exam, and never tried to fit in.
>>
File: it.png (287 KB, 468x291) Image search: [Google]
it.png
287 KB, 468x291
i was the worst person in high school.I was the epitome of "that kid"
>Scene kid,
>constantly said edgy shit
>always asked where the party was
>tried to fit in with everyone all of the time
>cut my arm for attention
>wasn't my last resort
>constantly seeked validation
>whole school resented me
>all the girls rejected me
now im 23 and live independently while reinventing myself to be a better person. I only talk to my high school friends because i don't know where to make new ones.
>>
Is autism a subculture?
>>
>>29859305
You have good taste in Australian comedy.
>>
Were the people that listened to Millionaires scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO-XLQouIn0

I used to like this song
>>
>>29861952
Most people grew out of it, like with most subcultures, and most of the younger millenial kids weren't really into it and instead preferred like Skrillex. The 90s/early 2000s were the peak of ALL subcultures, you had new ones popping up and older ones like 77 punk and thrash metal making a comeback as well.

It hasn't died either, it's just underground again

>>29860785

You have to play pong

https://youtu.be/cNAdtkSjSps?t=66
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.