[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people make friends? It doeesn't matter if it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1465883547004.jpg (322 KB, 750x1266) Image search: [Google]
1465883547004.jpg
322 KB, 750x1266
How do people make friends? It doeesn't matter if it's irl or online, it still seems like such a weird concept to me.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 133x133) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 133x133
You can try to talk with them if you both share an interest but you're most likely to get pretentious fags for friends because life sucks
>>
File: 1465883510906.jpg (319 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1465883510906.jpg
319 KB, 600x849
>>29854236
Where do you meet people who maybe share an interest? And why are they usually pretentious fags?
>>
dem hair intakes tho
>>
>>29854458
99% of anime girl posters are gay thats why
>>
>>29854163
There's threads here where people socialize. Some robots make terrible online friends though so be warned (people have issues here that are quite complex and varied) but other robots are good friends and are really nice.

I have no friends in real life so its been really nice talking to some anons from here. I've found that the more you share about yourself the more genuine the friendship (but don't overshare all at once.) You'll also notice that online friends will never be as good as real life friends because you're never really in the person's life to begin with so you can easily be forgotten or left behind as people change and move on ....

Depressing now that I think about it, some would even say pathetic, but its all we have and its better than nothing so .... FYI: there's a guy I've spoken to since I was 14 and I'm almost 25 now. We have almost nothing in common and I met him in the early days when the Internet was (IMO) much better. I know all about his bullshit problems and he knows all about mine. It's almost like we're married ... he's just always been there. It helps to have someone anon, even if it is online. You should still try make friends in real life though cause people need that connection. I'm going to try when my mental problems get better (if they ever do.)
>>
>>29854163
Survival.

We haven't really changed that much as a species in the past 70,000 years, rather the environment around us has, and at a very fast rate.

We're a social animal that survives and acquires what we need based on teamwork.

Making friends helps facilitate better cooperation when you're doing group activities such as hunting or fighting.

That mentality carried over, despite us not needing to do those activities over the past 10,000-5,000 years.

You get a dopamine boost when hanging out with friends nonetheless, as your mind is rewarding you with "doing the right thing".

I suppose the only real "hunting" that happens is usually done among the Chads and Stacies to the betas and robots that they relentlessly bully.
>>
File: 2weak2cure.jpg (202 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
2weak2cure.jpg
202 KB, 500x390
>>29854163
>tfw all my friendships were initiated by the other person for no apparent reason
i wish i could help you but i can't
>>
>>29854163
I suggest you start by finding an online board where most people use their real names.
>>
>>29854163
I can't remember how to make friends IRL because I've had my small few friends for around 7 years, some longer than that.

But online, just find a group that interests you and set up a Skype chat with them. That's what I've always done.

I have a Nationalist group set up with a good few people where we talk about politics, and there are one or two women there too.
>>
making friends isnt really something you consciously do, it just happens with repeated exposure to people you enjoy
>>
File: 1465884162018.jpg (170 KB, 721x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465884162018.jpg
170 KB, 721x1000
>>29854992
My mental state is pretty bad and I'm rarely able to get out of the house because issues. Where would you even find potential friends outside? And yeah, I should check out the threads here.

>>29855653
Any good examples? Lain, uboa and 4chan are the only sites I use.

>>29855686
Hmm, I'm not in a state to create groups, but I will check others out I guess.

>>29855691
How do you find people, which you enjoy? And do I have to "force" them to be around me. Or can you only really make friends at places like college or work?
>>
>>29855755
well im not a normie so i can only give you very limited advice but from my experience all the friends i've met i met though school and work because for some people being stuck with somebody is the only thing that will get them actually talking to you
>>
>>29855755
I'm in the same situation as you and suffer from bad mental health problems. No idea how to make friends in the real world. The last friends I made though was when I was studying IT certs. Lots of autism there so you might be able to find someone who relates to you
>>
>>29855755
I'm not familliar with Lain or uboa, but you're unlikely to make friends on 4chan as you probably won't recognise the people you like when you encounter then again.

There are lots of discussion groups based on particular subjects or places. Find something you're interested in and use Google to see what related groups there are. Alternatively use the Tapatalk app to find groups - you can subsequently access them either from the app or the web. Or try on Usenet - this (mostly text only) part of the internet, which predates the www, still has some pretty good discussions. You'll be better off downloading an app for it, as the alternative of accessing it via Google is a bit awkawrd.
>>
>>29855755
Your confusion about anything to do with friends says it all, sadly. The world isn't set up to accommodate people who don't have natural social instinct.

Have you never met someone you've wanted to talk to more? Generally, friendships start off with conversations on a common interest. There are plenty of ways to meet people who share interests or hobbies with you, and they shouldn't be that hard to find, depending on what you're into.

That being said, most friendships aren't based on shared characteristics alone. Long term friendship relies on mutual respect, and so being clingy and actively trying to keep people around you wont help. You shouldn't need to force people to stay around you. They should want to, because they enjoy your company as much as you enjoy theirs (aka just be yourself) . This, depending on your personalty, could be difficult. Friends that are constantly sad aren't much fun to be around.

Unfortunately, I feel like you're stuck in a situation that is hard to escape. The combination of a lack of new people to meet and a poor mental state could probably lead to you to over rely on few people, and push them away.

Overall, I'd say stop worrying about how to make friends, and try to encounter and chat with (doesn't need to be in real life) as many new people as you can. You probably won't match up well very often, but when you do find someone you enjoy talking to, they'll probably enjoy talking to you too. Friendship is a very natural and abstract thing, so it's better to just get a feel for it rather than trying to have it explained.
>>
>>29854458
I don't think that leg crossing looks as natural as it could. Sorta looks like she's got a prosthetic hanging over her real one.
>>
>>29854163
There are often threads here inviting other robots to chat rooms/skype/movies/games etc. I'd say it's definitely worth it to give them a go. talking to other like minded people who will understand where you're coming from is a really good idea, you can get some social exercise and potentially make some friends.
>>
I played over 700 hours of TF2 and 400 hours of Chivalry and never made a single friend. I don't think I spoke to a single soul.
>>
>>29854163
If you play vidya then it's pretty damn easy. Just go to /v/, any game forum, Steam/PSN/etc and talk with anyone. People who play vidya are pretty bro tier. At least most of the ones I met were.
Even talking to people in-game can start friendships in vidya.

Not sure about making irl friends? All my friends in irl I met back in HS. We are all somehow still close friends today.
>>
>>29854163
Iktf. As a robot, I can't find anyone to be friends with. Everyone I try to talk to is always a normalfag.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.