[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else keep having dreams where your teeth fall apart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1426654309630.png (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1426654309630.png
6 KB, 640x480
anyone else keep having dreams where your teeth fall apart?

just spitting out pieces of tooth?
>>
File: jkljkljkl.png (281 KB, 463x460) Image search: [Google]
jkljkljkl.png
281 KB, 463x460
>>29853005
Why not live the dream?
>>
>>29853032
I kinda am. not at the rate that it happens in the dreams but I keep losing pieces every year or so. I'm literally missing half of a wisdom tooth. there's just a huge hole. smaller chips elsewhere. it doesn't cause any pain so I haven't gone to a dentist.

I brush my teeth twice a day and don't eat that much sugar (no soda etc.) so I have no clue what's happening
>>
I did a lot this last year. I'd wake up in a panic.

Probably due to the fact that I hadn't gone to a dentist in about 7 years, and had 2 broken wisdom teeth where I'd constantly have pieces of them fall out after hearing that loud *CRUNCH*...

Now that I've got them all pulled, and a crown put in, my dental anxiety has lessened considerably and I haven't had those dreams in awhile. Still have a ton of cavities and fillings to go though.
>>
>>29853005
>anyone else keep having dreams where your teeth fall apart?

Dude. This is my personal recurring nightmare for most of my life.

I take decent care of my teeth though, but deep down I'm terrified of them eventually rotting or dying or falling out.
>>
I've heard it's to do with worrying about money. Not sure how true that is.
>>
>dream thread
Anybody else's dreams always lucid ones? They're not lucid as in particularly vivid or subject to my control, but I always kind of know at the back of my mind that I'm dreaming. Despite this, my inhibitions don't go away and I can never do things which I wouldn't normally do IRL like talk confidently to girls or climb tall structures etc even though I know there's no risk.

Another weird thing is that I can wake myself up by squinting or blinking really hard, or I can will myself to stay in the dream momentarily if I feel myself waking up.

I can sometimes feel my waking mind and it's thoughts transitioning into a dream state. Sometimes it's relaxing and cook, other times it freaks me out like a dissociative trip and I wake up sweating.

I also occasionally have false awakenings over and over again. After I wake up in the same room for about the 10th time (this time for real), it can take a good while for me to trust that I'm actually in reality. Usually I need a shower.
>>
File: 1458273451082.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1458273451082.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>29853709
Yes it's really cool actually and not a meme. Some people claim they can induce lucid dreaming on purpose, I'm not really sure about that.

My dreams tend to become lucid accidentally because I have a pretty grounded mind so if something too absurd happens it's like I suddenly "wake up" inside the dream. There was this one dream where I was at uni and suddenly the Russians attacked so I stormed outside to shoot back. It all felt real until a grenade exploded next to me and I was perfectly fine. That was my "wait a minute is this a dream again" moment and boom, instant lucid mode. No idea how to control it.

Also I never had the famous teeth dream but I hear it's common. All my dreams are about sitting in a car and the brakes stop working, it started in elementary school and never went away.
>>
>>29853074
It may not cause pain to YOU, but people 3 feet away can smell your rotting corpse dog shit breath.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.