[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is about us that makes us so fundamentally broken? Why are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: coffee feels.jpg (17 KB, 469x480) Image search: [Google]
coffee feels.jpg
17 KB, 469x480
What is about us that makes us so fundamentally broken? Why are we so undeserving of even the smallest amount of love from other people?
>>
>>29847641
not being able to interact with others like other people can/ mental illness
>>
>>29847641
because God is Dead anon, we have no greater goal outside ourselves. Our religion is to fulfil our own needs and desires. Nothing about is is lovable. On the contrary: mankind is disgusting.
>>
File: 1426475142565.jpg (58 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1426475142565.jpg
58 KB, 640x960
Avoidant personality disorder doesn't help. I'm emotionally fucked and feel more lonely every day. It's making me more and more desperate for affection but at the same time I'm too afraid to ever seek it out.

It's hard to get over. I'm trying but it's difficult and it never seems to bring me anything but more pain.
>>
>>29847641
The lack of active seeking of that love
>>
Holy shit, there are a lot of good threads on /r9k/ today. No more le roasties or cucked by black man threads.
>>
>>29847716
Woah, you look really familiar. Do you live in Maryland?
>>
are any of you guys loved by your families? I feel bad cause they have such high hopes for me and I'm most likely gonna fail them. Also because it's so hard for me to reciprocate that feeling.
>>
>>29847641
If you lost your chance to lose your virginity in your teens, you might as well kill yourself
>>
>>29847641
I don't think any of us are fundamentally broken, generally we're quite young and just stuck in a rut where no decisions are being made.

A lot of people here have mental illness, but a lot of that is self diagnosed shit that they're not seeking treatment for, so that's not an excuse at all. Even if it is, people with schizophrenia and the like can live decent lives once treated, there's no reason we can't.

It's just a matter of making sure you're in a situation where you can be seen by others, no-one's ever going to meet you let alone like you if you spend all your time online at home.

Do your best to move forward in live towards whatever you want, and assure you're available when people want to do things, and there's no reason you can't function fine.

Also, regular exercise is really not suggested enough here, it can cure depression (around 70% of the time), gives you more energy and if you're lifting, makes you look better. Even running improves your looks to being completely sedentary though.
>>
>>29847793
Not everyone's life revolves around sex you know.

i guess that's easy for me to say because i'm gay
>>
>>29847754
Not me senpai, but I did work for Target. We had that little sign too. It was over the ice cream, which I always found funny.
>>
You just need to try really, really hard to fit into some subgroup. Conformity is the name of the game for human beings. Look at frat guys wearing pastel and boat shoes, or hipsters with glasses and cuckbeards. Do you think they want to look like that? Hell no. But conformity gets the pussy juices flowing.
>>
>>29847839
Fuck, meant for
>>29847771

I'm tired.
>>
>>29847771
How do you fuck up this bad
>>
>>29847793
Like 14% of people overall, both men and women, are virgins between 20-24, it's not that uncommon at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 645x623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 645x623
>>29847716
the worst feeI
>>
I believe it starts in school and we never quite heal from it.

>we are singled out as undesirables by our peers
>each weekday we are reminded we are inferiors for 7 hours straight
>this goes on for 13 or so years
>during highschool when others are exploring their bodies and forming bonds we are denied intimacy then mocked for the lack of it
>suddenly you're an adult but the inferiority is all you've ever known
>can't trust people, don't want to be around people, people are the cause of all of your suffering
>die alone and sad
>>
File: never ask for help.png (832 KB, 1009x6647) Image search: [Google]
never ask for help.png
832 KB, 1009x6647
There's a tl;dr screencap that explains it.

And here it is.

Essentially we've been fucked from birth and due to compounding effects, we'll never catch up to our peers. We'll always be outsiders.
>>
>>29847858
But inferior people have to try much harder to conform. It's not fair.

>>29847889
You say 20-24. I would be that most of these people are 20-21 and that 24 year old virgins are pretty rare.
>>
>>29847982
>You say 20-24. I would be that most of these people are 20-21 and that 24 year old virgins are pretty rare.

Well sure it's going to drop, but the data I've said said 20-24, not 20-21. Most people here are around 20 or a bit below it anyway.
>>
>>29848044
>Most people here are around 20 or a bit below it anyway.
Only the cancer
>>
File: the last 4 nights in a row.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
the last 4 nights in a row.png
57 KB, 600x434
>>29848044
>Most people here are around 20 or a bit below it anyway.

W-what am I doing with my life...
>>
>>29848105
You're wasting it. You should get out and at least try to get some training or employment.

People here stress uni being necessary, but I'd say a trade is a better bet for a neet.
>>
>>29848400
No I actually have a job, and I hate it. I have to go to work tomorrow in fact.

One more year until all my student loan debt is paid off, then I'm going to become an investor NEET.
>>
>>29847641
My family loves me.
>>
>>29848608
What are you complaining about then? You're going places in life.
>>
>>29848737
I'd rather be NEET now. I hate normies, I hate my job, my torrents won't finish downloading, and I've got a depressive spell coming on. Shit sucks man.

It never gets better.
>>
>>29848783
But you are a normie if you can get and keep a job
>>
>>29847641
i think the people who visit this board who are not normalfags just see the world for what it is at an early age. I think we all have in common just knowing that there is something wrong with this place, that it isn't right somehow. so we end up not getting involved in alot of activities other people normally want to do.

I feel this way when I speak with my shitskin cousins, they lack introspection of their actions. I think most robots and cyborgs are cognizant of how their actions fit into the larger world. just my thoughts on why we are doomed to be fucking losers are who lives, maybe in the next one we will come back fixed.
>>
I've been here for a few years and there's huge variation in the form and degree (if any) of 'brokenness' here.

I think the main themes are that for some reason or other we lack motivation - for example a robot may have become jaded through negative social experiences and lack any real strong reason to try hard at anything - especially when the alternative is so immediately available - that is, taking part in online communities and passive entertainment.

There are a lot of people who have health issues, physical and body-image issues, lack of financial opportunity, lack of emotional support from parents (I think this is probably one of the most common things, I don't know if this was common to all humanity or just the boomers - but most of us weren't really 'raised' with active role-models in our immediate presence showing us how to function).

Materialism and feminism are big themes - in my life I know that I have very little real motive to get a job or do anything when I know that I have no real hope of a secure, loving relationship - where I'm forced to compete against roasties for jobs they get either get because of natural advantages or because they're privileged based on lies about wage-gaps etc.

We could all benefit from sharing advice on motivation, health, self-regulation, etc - but what we really need is some sort of meaning.
>>
>>29848812
And I hate myself. Forgot to mention that.

Ree...
>>
>>29847950
>tfw became a loner 4 years ago after entering university
My life's already in a dark descent where I don't know if I can even find work, never mind things like love and satisfaction. If I stay NEET for longer the positive feedback will put me in an unsalvageable situation where suicide's the only escape.
>>
>>29849452
That image is just ridiculous rantings that were pretty well debunked in the thread it was posted in, don't listen to it.

But you're in uni, I don't see how you're NEET. Or at the very least you're graduated and qualified, if you can't find work try to add some extra curricular things to your resume, volunteer work is always good, you'll never get turned down for it and it shows good character, I've never seen anyone with some volunteer work on their resume get rejected from a job they were otherwise qualified for.
>>
Nobody will like you if you don't even like yourself to begin with.

But if you have good reasons to hate yourself, then all is good. You won't long for relationships anyways.
>>
>>29848783
>things are going good and they'll get better if I put in the slightest effort but I want them better NOW
Jesus christ /r9k/
>>
>>29847716
Something wildly unoriginal
>>
>>29849517
That's pretty much the basis of this board, either that or "I'm just out of high school and didn't go to uni, so I'm a hopeless neet with no future or direction". I'm not even going to comment on the people that think being a virgin at 18 is a big deal at all or even slightly uncommon, it's a year past average.
>>
>>29847641
interesting, im not a well educated man in academia, but Ive oftern wondered what makes our kind so lonesome and repulsive.

My conclusion, bad luck and a combination of factors you dont know about yourself. Im talking about, your smell, your mannerisms in conversation, the way you glace at another person and the way you eat your food.

there is something we all have in common that makes us tribeless, funny, I bet if another robot encountered another one, they would both be unattracted to one anothers presence.

just do this, get a camera, set it up on a stand, talk to it and rewatch it, practice over and over again like an actor and keep asking yourself if that guy in the camera is worth being friends with. Thats your redpill, you yourself
>>
>>29849672
That's not really an accurate way to tell, it's going to be warped by self esteem.

The only people I've ever known that have absolutely no friends despite being in society were just fucking dicks though, as in they screwed people over, were dishonest, tried to pick fights and steal other peoples partners constantly, and generally thought they were better than everyone else. If that's the case, the fix seems pretty obvious, don't be a fucking dick.

But if you're just not in society very much at all, don't even ever talk to anyone, then that's the reason you're alone, not necessarily anything about you.
>>
>>29847641
Some of you have hardcore mental illnesses. Some of you look like Danny DeVito. Some of you are so poverty-striken that I don't even know how you're posting here.

Most of you willingly and knowingly made your own hell and, you are determined to suffer in it.
>>
>>29849786
>Most of you willingly and knowingly made your own hell and, you are determined to suffer in it.
Fuck off you normie peice of shit. People like you are why we are like this why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>29849852
But he's completely right.

Very few people here are actually suffering from diagnosed severe mental illnesses that impair their ability to care for themselves and function day to day significantly, that they're actually seeking treatment for.

Looks aren't even an excuse as to why you're a failure, ugly people have careers and families too unless they're deformed and disabled as a result.

Most people here are just choosing to be the way they are, or exaggerating how bad they are. See what >>29847832 said.
>>
>>29847754
i thought i was the only one thinking that. i wonder what happened?
>>
I hate how modern psychiatry is trying to put a diagnosis on you from an early age since you're not conforming to the norm. From the age of 8 to 10 they tried to get me diagnosed with everything from autism, adhd to tourettes for being the class clown and ahead of curriculum. Luckily I have a mother stood up and kept me of amphetamines. I am no prodigy by no means, but having three older sisters must have helped a lot for my development in my early ages.

Through elementary school I was still awkward around girls and lightly bullied for being a year younger than everyone else in class. I persevered, and in high school I had a gf for two years.

She knew how to prey on my weaknesses, and when we went separate ways after graduation I was left like a spineless beta cuck, and began coming here.

For almost three years I have believed I am a high functioning autist and believed I'm never going to have friends again. I've been finding solace in the bottom of a bottle, and along with it, success with women.

What I've been working on the last few months, is to build up that confidence and carelessness for failure I have when stupor and it works.

The advice I can give right now to all the self-diagnosed asparaguses is to work on your looks, be modest and never talk about yourself, be nice to everyone around you and cut down on drugs.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>29849898
I'm a cyborg who was diagnosed with severe depression by multiple psychiatrists. I was also in a psych ward twice

>tfw I'm stuck in the hell that's appearing normal in society but I want to die and feel soulless on the inside
>>
>>29847950
So what are we even supposed to do?
>>
>>29850538
>I hate how modern psychiatry is trying to put a diagnosis on you from an early age since you're not conforming to the norm.

This is annoying, but completely unrelated to the conversation at hand, since you have to be 18+ to post on this website. And the rest is just you blogging and trying to humblebrag but still coming off as a fucking loser.
>>
>>29850798
No clue. I don't even know where to start because everything is fucked up
>>
>>29847950
About half of this is the purest set of bullshit excuses I've ever seen. Like, it starts off with a fundamentally correct premise about childhood development, and then damn near every single one of its examples about adulthood is nothing more than paper thin excuses.

If anything, it's steeled my desire to fix myself via psychiatric care. So I suppose its existence is a good thing.
>>
>>29850808
Fuck you, salty loser. Assume my post to be completely anecdotal, but I see quite few of these cases in the papers and on tv. Make of that what you want.

I have yet to meet a person in life who doesn't like to talk about themselves; know how to take advantage of that, one day you'll make a friend. Coming here to help is futile, but I sincerely feel sorry for the guys here.
>>
>>29851100

What do you expect? The image is of some guy who's clearly written a huge 'essay' which he's then posted in chunks to r9k, responding to each previous comment of his own - and apparently (if we judge from the screenshot) wasn't even responded to by anyone else in that thread (there likely was nobody else). He's then screencapped his own giant essay post so he can post it again.
>>
>>29851136
>know how to take advantage of that, one day you'll make a friend.

Amusing advice, coming from someone who doesn't have the social awareness to realize that he's not achieving his goals. You have to realize the social context you're speaking about yourself in to make friends.

And your ignorance of this means that you're only gonna teach these idiots more harm than good. You're coming here trying to help, and it's like fucking poverty tourism. Africans know how to build wells, jackass. Teach something useful.
>>
>>29851202
I'm not a good enough writer to get my point across, I'll admit that. You too should come here less, because you seem like a reasonable person with sound arguments.

I hope we can shake hands on psychopharmacology is the easy way out, when children's minds are basically molten plastic ready to be shaped any way society desire.
>>
>>29850649
Good for you, it still doesn't change that if you're functioning in society, you don't have crippling mental illness that stops you being able to care for yourself and function day to day.

Also, whenever people go "I was diagnosed by multiple psychiatrists", I immediately think it's bullshit. Why the fuck would psychiatrists bother to diagnose you again, when you've already been diagnosed with that? They're going to focus on treating you, not trying to rediagnose you with the same shit that's already on your record. Seeing a psychiatrist and having them go "Yeah you sound depressed" doesn't mean you're diagnosed with severe depression.
>>
>>29847641
Probably has to do with the fact that you try to improve your situations and are content with wallowing in self pity.

Listen, I know what it's like, I had maybe 6-7 friends in high school, I didn't really buy fashionable clothes back then, and I maybe, MAYBE fucked 3 girls only in high school.
But then I decided that, yeknow, I wasn't happy with being a sad, bummed out loser, and decided to make a change in my life.
Now I'm in college, I've been dating a qt for about 2 years now and have a good research job with a professor in my field, so I can buy fashionable clothes and afford a gym membership.

All I'm saying is that you have to WANT to make a change, once you set your mind to improving your life it's easier to do than you think!
>>
>>29853807
Sorry typo in the first sentence I mean that you DONT try and improve your situations
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29853807
You sound like such a huge faggot I hope your ham galaxy gf chokes you to death.
U had seks with 3 womens in HS? I wish I was as l33t as u Brad. Bragging about this on this board is cancerous
>>
>>29854014
See, it's this bitter attitude towards anyone who wants to help you or offer you advice that is the reason for your """brokenness""" and not something fundamentally wrong with you. You're just bitter, which is ok cuz it's very easy to get out of that mindset. I did it, I was a bitter loser too but now life is pretty good.
>>
>>29853807
enjoy your ban faggot
>>
>>29854276
Hahaha good one man, can't ban me for good advice
>>
File: 1466568263928.jpg (79 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1466568263928.jpg
79 KB, 480x476
>>29854014
TINY PEEPEE MAN IS SO MAD HAHAHAHA LITTLE PEE WHERE U GO NOW HMMMMM not so tuff are u now huh little pee pee go cry in the shower we fuck your women and you watch ahahahahaha girly pubes
>>
File: dogread.jpg (246 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
dogread.jpg
246 KB, 400x800
>>29854318

>just sort your life out bro! ;)
>just change bro! ;)
>good advice

kys
>>
I just wish I got told when I was young to lower my expectations. I wish I got told the most important lesson I've learned in my life earlier - The good times never last, and they rarely come. If I knew that I would've known not to be disappointed and shocked when my good times came to an end.

I wish I got told that my dream of having a family is impossible now. I used to believe in love. Now I know that women aren't fit to lick dog shit off my shoe, let alone fit to be wives. I actually hate them so much that I'm finding it difficult to even find them sexually attractive any more. I don't want to fuck them because I honestly just find them to be irredeemably disgusting human beings. Sluts, whores, bitches, walking fleshlights. That's all they are. I want no part of it.

I think robots are just men who realised that they were lied to. We're just men who learned too much about the truth of the world after being told all the lies in the world. We had dreams once. We maybe even imagined good lives in store for us. But it was never to be. Some of us can't handle it and break. Some of us just accept it and become passive because what else is there to do? Some get angry, some get depressed. But ultimately we're all just disappointed idealists and romantics.

We just wanted to be humans.
>>
>>29854415
It's not my fault you won't listen, how do you think other people get out of ruts in their lives? Do they just wait for it to happen? Wait for someone else to do it for them? Haha no bud that's not how it works but keep posting your sadfrog.j pg's and whining!
>>
File: 7.jpg (522 KB, 1480x921) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
522 KB, 1480x921
>>29847641
Motivation

With minimal effort I have obtained an unlimited supply of water, food, shelter and entertainment and sexual satisfaction. Why would I ever strive for anything more? Why would I throw it all away and start the struggle all over again because of a meme like independance?

What motivation do I have to not be a NEET? Why anyone would choose or want to be a normie is beyond me.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.