[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't Trust People General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1468053244846.jpg (5 KB, 209x250) Image search: [Google]
1468053244846.jpg
5 KB, 209x250
Who here /can'ttrustpeople/? Post your ideas and whatnot, robots

R9k and the red pill have only made it worse. On the rare occasions where I interact with people outside my immediate family, I simply can't trust them.

>If I happen to talk to a grill, the heartless manipulative roastie meme flares up

>If I talk to a norman, a combination of heartless normie meme and the fact that I was unable to tell the difference between people laughing at or with me in school due to autism make me suspicious

>Either way I end up with suspicions and assumptions about everyone wanting to humiliate, hurt, laugh at, tell their friends about what a loser you are, etc.

>I refuse to accept any compliments or kindness out of fear that they're laying a trap for me

Is this healthy and rational?
>>
>>29847199

Are people as spiteful and narcissistic as I'm assuming they are or have I fallen for the edgy cynicism meme? Have you? What is it like? How do I trust people and do I even want to?

Pls halp robots. I am bumping. Pic related, inb4
>>
>>29847199
>Is this healthy and rational?
Not healthy but I guess it's rational in that your past experiences lead to you acting this way. When I was younger any time I shared a secret or took a chance and let myself be emotionally vulnerable it ended with people who I thought were my friends using it against me. Now I get incredibly nervous in any kind of situation where I need to 'open up' and now I don't share how I feel with anyone. Again, not healthy but it's rational in my mind
>>
File: 1468103063159.png (221 KB, 363x475) Image search: [Google]
1468103063159.png
221 KB, 363x475
>>29847313

Thanks for the original input, anon.

I just don't understand how normies can be as shallow, petty, and spiteful as they are (inb4 look who's talking), yet still expect people to gladly "open up" or "trust me brah"
>>
>>29847358
well i have no friends anymore but the usual advice is get to know each other slowly and only open up when you have a reason to trust. not that anyone i've ever known has been trustworthy anyway.

also, normies don't have horribly low self esteem so when someone betrays them or embarrasses them by sharing a secret they don't fall apart.
>>
>>29847358
I'm a pretty big normie by r9k standards but I regularly drop stories about my fucked up past.

Most are actually pretty cool about it because few people trust each other. Frankly I just don't give a shit what they do with the information.
>>
Here, OP. I can't trust anyone because my life is so precarious right now. One false accusation and I'm right back into the NEETpit crushed by student loan debt. I need another year to get it taken care of, then at least I can be an honest beggar.

It sucks not being able to trust people. You can't have friends, every offer of help looks like a threat, and the threatening people are downright terrifying.
>>
I'm the same. I actually don't have trouble meeting people, but the moment they start being something that could be considered friends a switch in my brain just flips and I start being a fucking cunt and just cut them off. I just have to.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.