[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb /showthread.php?t=793869
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1465278610707.jpg (113 KB, 428x456) Image search: [Google]
1465278610707.jpg
113 KB, 428x456
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=793869
This is what normies really think of "depression." They'll say things like "I'm here for you" or "You can talk to me anytime," but if you actually take them up on that offer then you're suddenly a "downer" and an "emotional vampire."
>>
this is why i never trust anyone or let myself expose my true feelings
>>
Some whiny stacy flipping around in underserved self-pity isnt the same as really being depressed.

If ain't got a beard or legbeard then you aint depressed buddy.
>>
>>29844676
Friends aren't therapists, don't try to pretend they are.
>>
>>29844861
In that case they shouldn't offer support and comfort that they don't at all mean or intend to follow through with. I recognize that the woman in question is an attention-whoring Stacy cunt who is in some ways overstepping her boundaries, but the main thing I take away from this is that normies see your miserable existence and desire for support as nothing more than an inconvenience while at the same time lying about it to your face with virtue-signalling bullshit meant to stroke their own egos. They have the gall to tell someone who's desperately crawling to them for help and guidance to essentially fuck off like they're a gnat or something and then turn around and vehemently insist that they're still the good little moral heroes that they think they are. It's two-faced and disgusting.
>>
File: richevens.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
richevens.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>29844676
Hey I got news for you. The world doesn't owe you jack shit. Depression is common, the OP in the link says he has had depression too and is dealing with his own shit. And they have been dealing with the girl for 4 YEARS. Just because you agree to be there someone doesn't mean you're their free therapist for life.
>>
File: 1449116322431.jpg (43 KB, 576x448) Image search: [Google]
1449116322431.jpg
43 KB, 576x448
>>29844855
>legbeard
Fuck off.
>>
>she's amazingly beautiful, but she has only been in 2 relationships in her life
AHHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
fucking normies
>>
I only share my depressed feelings with other depressed people.

My non-depressed friends wouldn't understand, so I don't tell them about it. I know what happens when you do that. Learnt through bitter experience.

With my pessimistic, sad sack friends, I can be real. With my more optimistic friends, I can still have a good time, but no, I don't talk to them about my problems or my depression. They don't want to hear it. Whereas my other sad sack friends don't seem to mind hearing it and I don't mind hearing it from them.

We have an understanding.
>>
>>29844861

Actually I offer my friends talking and consolation all the time.

My friends aren't just accessories or toys.

I don't expect the same in return but I can have radar for the types of friends who can be talked to about sad stuff and the ones who shouldn't be talked to about sad stuff.
>>
when I told people about all this shit I was going through they'd look at me and ask if I was talking to anyone about it. I'd think "well I thought I was talking to you about it" (mangled Barry Crimmins quote)

don't count of your friends or family to be sympathetic ears, it's nice if they are, but a lot of people are not comfortable with negative circumstances
>>
>>29845874

>Just because you agree to be there someone doesn't mean you're their free therapist for life.

Then you shouldn't agree to "be there" for people.

I don't agree to be there for anyone unless I plan on being there for them.

What a concept right
>>
>>29846046

I say don't count on anyone for anything, personally. I don't trust anyone entirely, not even myself.

Counting on people is to a large extent a fool's game.
>>
File: 1467684203395.jpg (35 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1467684203395.jpg
35 KB, 640x427
>>29845969
>I only share my depressed feelings with other depressed people.
i dont want your feelings man. im major depressive and i got my own. if anyone brang this shit up to me i'd say get a reality check. drop a ton of DXM and fucking figure it out. last resort, get some meds and at least try to come to terms with it, rather than resolve it.

>With my pessimistic, sad sack friends, I can be real
sure, people like us can be real to one another. but i'd say, dont come to me for much empathy every single night like in that straight dope post.
>>
>>29846093

>i dont want your feelings man. im major depressive and i got my own. if anyone brang this shit up to me i'd say get a reality check. drop a ton of DXM and fucking figure it out. last resort, get some meds and at least try to come to terms with it, rather than resolve it.

Well, we aren't friends so it doesn't really apply to us. I don't have that kind of relationship with you.

And drug abuse is a shitty way to try to deal with feelings. Beyond that, meds are barely regulated. The FDA doesn't even test generic drugs, they just approve them based on data from the manufacturer, which is often falsified.

>sure, people like us can be real to one another. but i'd say, dont come to me for much empathy every single night like in that straight dope post.

Again, you and I are not friends...the depressed friends I have, we talk a lot about our problems to each other. It works for us.

It might not work for you and that's alright. No hard feelings.
>>
>>29846093
Yeah, because tripping magically turns everyone's lives around. Go die in a fire, psychfag.
>>
>>29846568

DXM isn't even a psychedelic; it's a dissociative.

However there is some evidence treatment with dissociative drugs like ketamine can treat depression.

But it's different to undergo treatment under the supervision of a real, qualified physician versus just trying to do it yourself with cough syrup.

Not that all physicians are good (a lot of them are full of shit)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.