[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WATCH THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: giphy.gif (974 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
974 KB, 500x271
Don't watch anime because they usually all have the same plot of boy-child in love triangle or some middle schooler's fantasy. But tI have seen some exceptions, like Death Note or Ghost in the Shell.
Fuck it, I'm green-texting the rest.
>Never watched Cowboy Bebop
>Started watching it
>I enjoy this a lot more than I expected

any other good animes of the caliber?
>>
>>29844435

Psycho Pass is pretty good. Minimal idol shit, some typical fan service, but an overall good story.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
Obviously eva

Asuka a shit
>>
File: 1458158403307.jpg (353 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1458158403307.jpg
353 KB, 1280x1440
>>29844435
I can't recommend Steins;Gate enough. It's a slow burn but once it gets going it's great.

I also recommend Welcome to the NHK, which should be required viewing for robots.
>>
The Berserk anime is great, but it's pretty much only the beginning of the story. Which sucks for me because I hate manga.
>>
>>29844435
I really enjoyed mushi-shi. haven't been able to find anything else like it, but then again I haven't looked that hard
>>
Samuai champloo is by the same guy
The only shonen worth your time is HunterXHunter. One punch man is a fun parody.

Read Berserk as well. The 97 anime is poorly animated but the soundtrack is amazing so maybe just listen while reading or something. Haven't seen the new one.
>>
>>29844493
watch this op
but asuka is a shit
>berserk
masterpiece tragedy
>ghost in the shell standalone complex
masterpiece
>great teacher onizuka
funniest shit ever

OP did you watch the dub of cowboy bebop or the sub? dub is better
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam for me if you want Star Wars with mecha and politics. Original would be my favorite, and although Zeta is seen as better to a lot of people, the characters can get pretty annoying, with pic related being best girl since she's the only normal one.
>>
>>29844435
Make sure to watch Bebop's buddy Big O as well. Especially if you're a fan of Batman TAS since it has that art style.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_Od9CmTu0
>>
Someone already suggested Samurai Champloo which is by the same director
Kids on the slope was also adapted by the same director and is very good, don't dismiss it right away because it sets up a love triangle, it goes other places
>>
>>29844530

I just finished NHK. Pretty much agree that its robot material. Not normally into anime shit either.
>>
>>29844649
I love Gundam but it's a hard watch for people just getting into anime due to how old it is
But if OP does get in to it he needs to know not every series is connected, 0080 is a good place to dip you toes into Gundam for the original timeline since it's newer, very good, and a side story without needing to know a huge amount about what's going on
>>
File: congrats.jpg (30 KB, 530x292) Image search: [Google]
congrats.jpg
30 KB, 530x292
>>29844493
Just need to make it past episode 16 to really appreciate it. I almost stopped before then, but once you make it through to 16, it gets significantly elevated above the more light hearted slightly comical nature of the first few episodes.
>>
>>29844530
Both of those are only good if you've already consumed a lot of anime, I don't think someone like OP could stomach either for very long.
Just think about all the cringey shit he'd have to put up with like tuturu or the music from NHK.
>>
Shit just watch shit that isnt based at Japan at all. Since your so vague theres a good chance something will tick with you.

Baccano! comes to mind.
Black Lagoon would probably work too

gotta have some sort of criteria.
>>
>>29844631
yea I'm watching the dub. Half screening it right now. Edward is biting some dude on the ship.

I really like the space imagery, and how they aren't afraid of destroying civilian buildings. I think the episode with the old man who looked like a child was a good tone setter, showing off how the makers aren't afraid of a good episode disregarding what some people might consider to be stepping over the boundaries, shooting a child-like character in the head and aging him 300+ years in seconds.
>>
>>29844762
>>29844493
You guys should check out Brain Powerd, Ideon and Gunbuster.
>>
>>29844553

Second this. Berserk is one of the best animes.

The message in it all is just pure gold and I often had goosebumps watching it.
>>
>>29844924
whenever guts' theme plays in the anime it makes me wanna cry

love that shit

>tfw when griffith holds young guts' face in his hands and looks into his eye and you see the reflection of griffith's face in his eyeball
>>
>>29844924
Just don't bother with the reboot, horrible pseudo 3d animation
>>
>>29844435
What genre or characteristics are you looking for? There's a lot of anime out there and it's hard to talk based on quality alone.
>>
File: ykk_night.jpg (90 KB, 678x380) Image search: [Google]
ykk_night.jpg
90 KB, 678x380
Everybody should read YKK. It's beautiful stuff. I can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>29845038
to be honest, anything that would get some adrenaline going. I enjoyed Death Note for the wits the characters had, and the exposure of the complex ideas they had.

Cowboy Bebop is awesome for its aesthetics and character. I really like it. Good music too.
>>
File: ykk.jpg (79 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
ykk.jpg
79 KB, 1024x755
>>29845420
YKK cured my depression, though I'm gonna sound like a huge weeb for saying that.
>>
>>29845420
Literally the comfiest thing ever made along with Kemono no Souja
>>
>>29844493
fuck off

op dont watch eva, they abandon plot episode 14 and resort to shinji mumbling to himself till its over. Shitty forced anime.
>>
>>29845438
Off the top of my head. I'm pretty bad at this and I'm not really sure what you means o I'll just list good shows.

>Akagi
A show about gambling over mahjong. Way better than you might think. Definitely an essential watch.

>Basilisk & Ninja Scroll
This is actually (roughly) based on actual history. It documents the conflicts between the two most famous ninja clans to date, the Koga and the Iga. They have some similarities, but it's definitely worth it to watch both. If you had to choose one to watch, you should probably watch Ninja Scroll.

>Darker than Black
One of the better things that have been released in the past while, I would highly recommend this one. I suggest not watching the second season though.

>Hellsing Ultimate
A series of OVA's that follow the source material much more accurately than the original adaptation, pretty much everyone enjoys this one. Watch this if you want to see kkk vs. vampire nazis.

That's all I'm really assed to write right now. Just remember that the best examples of media make you think.
>>
>Azumanga Daioh
Essential CGDCT

>Baccano!
A little weird, but very interesting. A bit difficult to follow as the perspective changes very often.

>Berserk
A meme show. Very good, but not as good as everybody says it is.

>Black Lagoon
Pretty good. The cast is very well done, and the idea is original as well.

>Claymore
Good action/fantasy. Personally I haven't watched this, but the manga was a very good read, and I'm told that the anime is just as good.

>Cromartie High School
Highly acclaimed comedy show. Good if you have humor in mind.

>Dennou Coil
Mystery/scifi/adventure. Good, though it's extremely slow.

>Detroit Metal City
Personally one of the few comedy show that I've actually enjoyed in the past.

>Full Metal Panic!
Mecha/school life. Decent show.

>Full Metal Alchemist/FMAB
If you haven't heard about this by now you probably live under a rock.

>Golden Boy
A classic comedy

>Gunslinger girl
CGDCT/action What more could you want?

>Kaiba
psychadelic/adventure. I really enjoyed it.

>LoGH
The best genre, space opera.

>Monster
Good at the beginning, less so at the end.

>Mushishi
Essential comfy

Don't be memed into NGE. Retards watch it and then meme about it. If you do watch it, don't be a fucking retard and watch EoE as well. The last two episodes of NGE happen at the same time as EoE.
>>
can i get some opinions on The Super Dimension Fortress Macross?
>>
>>29846148

We call it Robotech here weabo
>>
>>29846207
what the fuck are you even saying to me?
>>
>>29846251

Back in the eighties Macross was brought to the US along with two additional series by Carl Macek and combined into one generational show.

This was Robotech. Both are great but completely different stories.
>>
>>29846327
so... is macross good and should i watch it?
>>
>>29844435
The Tatomi Galaxy is pretty great.
>>
>>29844435
samurai champloo
furi kuri
yuyu hakusho
kiss x sis
fullmetal alchemist (through brotherhood)
attack on titan
>>
File: 878654y.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
878654y.gif
2 MB, 500x500
OP here

So if there was like... 4 good ones, essential ones, which would they be? I see a lot of names on here, but I also see some people debating if their even worth the time to start watching.

So what are the best; adrenaline educing, visually stimulating, enticing characters and shocking to the mind.
>>
>>29847396
Dude I just watched Paranoia Agent and that was some shit...great dub and only 13 episodes too. Highly recommended, unlike anything else I've ever seen. At times truly disturbing and creepy.
>>
File: top_bg.jpg (384 KB, 1064x1550) Image search: [Google]
top_bg.jpg
384 KB, 1064x1550
>>29847396
Might wanna watch Berserk
you have the 1997 anime series
3 movies from early 2010's
and right now there is a new TV series airing, 2 episodes are out as of now
though you should read the manga because it's fucking amazing

you also might like jojo, anime and the manga are both great
>>
>>29847674
watching it now man, second episode in. Its getting pretty good. Probably will keep watching
>>
anyone know some good psychological/thrillers worth a look at?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.