[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>parents literally giving out to me because I got a job >telling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1442400728536.jpg (11 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
1442400728536.jpg
11 KB, 221x221
>parents literally giving out to me because I got a job
>telling me I can't do anything right and how I did this wrong
>been like this my whole life

I can't take this any more.
>>
>can't do anything right
Makes shit thread that is unreadable
>>
>>29844037
Tell them to go fuck themselves.

I'm serious.

If you don't stand up for yourself now, they'll never stop.
>>
>>29844406
Think I'm just going to go, anon. It's the biggest "fuck you" I can give despite them not being bad people, just bad parents, and it will end my misery.
>>
>>29844037
wait, what do you mean by giving out to you? i don't understand

what did you do wrong?
>>
>>29844037

The first line of your thing doesn't make any sense. Make it make sense and give it all another pass.
>>
>>29844673
>>29844662
Parents are berating me and telling me how I'm a fuck up cos I got a job, after a few months of not having one. I worked for a few years, lost the job, found another one, and am being told I can't do anything right, basically that my life in a nutshell is a mistake.
>>
>>29844806
i feel like you're omitting important details about why they're calling you a fuck up for having a job

what is the job?
why did you lose the last one?
what happened in the few months of not having one?
what exactly have your parents been saying?
>>
>>29844842
Short of it
>left last job despite promotions and good pay because people with families to support were being put down to part time, wages cut
>left so the people who needed money could get money
>parents are friends with said people in the first place
>tried to get job despite immense will to kill myself
>NEET for a good whole, more than half a year
>find a job now with less pay, it's not a permanent position, parents giving out that I am letting go of my NEETbux for a temporary job
>can't explain to them i can get NEETbux again if they don't keep me
>dad is yelling at me cos rent will go up and he's going to get bills in the future once the system adjusts
>won't let me get a word in sideways despite me saying i'll give him all the money which will be due in advance
>they were literally yelling at me to remain a NEET

They think I'm just going to get some super great job with a permanent position, great pay, and I can give them even more money, and they think I'm a failure for not getting a super great well paying job with benefits, like I can pull it out of my ass.
>>
>>29844939
well they sound like arseholes, just move out ASAP and by ASAP i mean before the next set of bills

also wtf do you mean by "giving out"
>>
>>29844806

Okay, your parents are berating you because you got some job.

In that case, yes, it sounds like you have unbelievably shitty parents. Parents are supposed to give general encouragement to their kids about any kind of job, not just high-powered ones.

Berating you for being a legitimately productive member of society, even in some humble job, is the exact opposite of what parents are supposed to do. Or put another way, they're supposed to be the last people on earth to directly insult you for having whatever pleb job it is that you have. The people who are supposed to insult you over these types of things are the chad and stacy who actually have higher-status jobs and better live to be quite frank. Mom and dad are supposed to be on your side.

So in that case, yes, fuck them. You just have very bad parents, anon, sorry about that.
>>
>>29844939

There's that "giving out" phrase again from the OP. It was the source of everyone's original confusion, and it remains confusing here. the phrase sucks. stop using it.

it sounds like they're "telling" friends family "oh that stupid anon got a job, fuck", is that about right?
>>
>>29845108
giving out = berating & complaining
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.