[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make friends? I'm about to start grad school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1446468401140.jpg (347 KB, 859x1214) Image search: [Google]
1446468401140.jpg
347 KB, 859x1214
How do you make friends? I'm about to start grad school and I thought I would give it a try. Please help me. Thank you.
>>
Just talk to somebody
>>
>>29842150
JUST BEE YOURSELF

add some oregano
>>
File: 91days.jpg (87 KB, 721x401) Image search: [Google]
91days.jpg
87 KB, 721x401
find people with similar interests
>>
>>29842204
How do I do that?

>>29842150
What, randomly? I've never talked to a classmate before
>>
File: Zankyou no Terror.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Zankyou no Terror.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>29842263
Join a club or just sit with people at lunch and listen to what they talk about.
>>
>>29842340
What kind of clubs are good to make friends? I'm not good at sports or languages.
>>
File: image3.jpg (177 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
image3.jpg
177 KB, 1280x854
>>29842263
>How do I do that?
You actually need to start talking to people. Ask them what they do, what their interests are, what are some shows they watch. At work I ask people how their weekend was, if they tell me "i spent it doing this" I ask "oh you really enjoy doing that?" and you can learn things from small things like that. People really love it when you pay attention to their interests or hobbies and ask questions about it. It has more to do with listening than talking though. And that's how you get to know people, at least it works for me.
>>
>>29842125
I would start by talking to people in your lab group. Maybe ask if they would like to get food or drinks and show you around because you are new. They were new to the lab group once so they will be willing to help you get acclimated.

Do you know anyone in your department cohort? If not maybe you should be able to meet them if there is some kind of department welcome event. Try to do the same thing I recommend for the lab group in regards to drinks/food.
>>
File: Shinsekai Yori.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shinsekai Yori.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>29842380
Just see what they have and do what you like or what looks cool.
>>
Why would you ask that on /r9k/?
>>
>>29842397

man its time to bring back pubic hair
>>
>>29842491
Where else on 4chan would you ask this? It would be off topic for almost every board and the ones it wouldn't be, I'd be bullied by normies
>>
>>29842522
>on 4chan
I think that was his point
But I feel you, family. I'm under 21 and not in uni, so I don't even have access to the normie social arteries. There's a bar that's 18+ until 9PM; considering going and staying illegally; I've heard getting carded basically just involved being asked to leave if you don't resist
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.