[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's another manic episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: so-it-begins.jpg (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
so-it-begins.jpg
155 KB, 500x500
>it's another manic episode
>>
HES A MANIAC MANIAC OHOHOHOH
>>
I have a thousand dollars worth of Japanese action figures unopened in my closet.
>>
>>29840874
give me them please I need the money more than you right now trust me
>>
>>29840825
Do you find them enjoyable?
>>
>>29840973
Extremely. It's the only time where I have motivation and the lack of giving a fuck to move forward with my plans. It never lasts though.
>>
>have bipolar type 1
>manic episodes are European extreme edition
>can't eat until it's over
>can't sleep until it's over
>talk nonstop about delusions and paranoia, sometimes words get scrambled and don't make any sense at all but the majority of the time it's just extremely embarrassing and socially unacceptable
>extremely heightened senses, will go to EXTREME lengths to satisfy my fetishes
>very reckless behavior, have gone skydiving, spent thousands of dollars shopping and gambling, on hotels, spa treatments, all sorts of shit
>worst part is the violent behavior, can't even go into the details

Lithium controls it now and I haven't had an episode in years, but they used to hit me about once a month or two for several days to two weeks at a time. Ruined my fucking life, I'm STILL trying to recover from the damage that I did. Fuck mania. Fuck everyone who says that it's the greatest thing that can happen to you. It's hell.
>>
>>29840969
Nah, I'm not really a nice person.
>>
>>29841004
I thought that.
What are you doing during your manic episodes? Are you artistic in any way?
>>
>>29840825
stay indoors OP
>>
>>29841109
Exercise a lot, write a lot. Anything that needs to be done is completed immediately, and I work at a faster pace. Laugh all the time, say things on my mind and stop caring what other think of me. Can get quite violent if i'm angry, usually end up destroying something. Don't sleep much. Listen to music on 2x speed or it will sound strange. Tbh i've never been diagnosed with anything and I don't know if what happens is a manic episode or something else but I couldn't think of another word. The only times I ever feel good are during these periods, which occur about every 2 months. Usually lasts a week.
>>
>>29841235
That's hypomania. It's a productive, pleasant increase in energy and heightened mood. Typically lasts around the time that you listed. If you also go through periods of depression you likely have bipolar type 2.
>>
>>29841235
You have to be aware of the short phase between manic and depressive episodes, because being 50% depressed and 50% manic can actually make you sad enough to make you want to kill yourself and give you the motivation to do it.
>>
>>29841264
Yeah it usually ends abruptly and I have several weeks of depression, then about a month of just nothingness, not really happy or sad just content. It's a fucked up cycle and means I probably won't achieve anything.

>>29841287
I know the feeling. Nearly did it once, was going to stab myself straight in the chest kek.
>>
If you have anyone that cares for you and is invested in your life, get medicated or kill your self

Otherwise, have a blast
>>
>>29840825
I actually really enjoyed the few manic episodes I had. I don't think I had as much energy throughout my whole life as I had on these days.
Who here /missingmanicepisodes/?
>>
File: 1466540526250.png (255 KB, 707x698) Image search: [Google]
1466540526250.png
255 KB, 707x698
>>29841392
How did you stop having them mate? It's like clockwork for me.
>>
File: 1feel3.png (85 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
1feel3.png
85 KB, 419x398
How to expand the manic episodes? I want to be in a perpetual state of mania. I'm another person.
>>
>>29841492
I had them due to excessive drinking over several weeks. They stopped when I reduced my drinking and began eating and sleeping in a healthy manner again.
>>
>>29841555
My drinking is symptomatic and not the cause. During my mania or whatever the fuck it is I drink lots and do stupid shit like get arrested kek.
>>
>>29841552
I find it last longer when I have one specific goal in mind which I obsess over. It helps to maintain the energy to accomplish things. But it won't last forever anon, good things never do.
>>
>>29841626
I don't think that drinking was the direct reason. It was more the overloading of my body for that long period, like not sleeping and eating enough, which finally caused the malfunction.
>>
I'm not sure if I should get diagnosed or if I just need to try harder. I spend much of my time feeling sad and avoiding social contact, but I do have elevated periods where I tend to start new things that I later regret, spend lots of money, exercise and socialize. If I have an idea in my mind of something I want to do, I will go for it regardless of the cost.

However, I doubt sometimes whether I have a mood disorder or just extremely bad habits. For instance, yesterday at work I started the day quite miserable. However, I started to feel better towards the end of the day, and began thinking about self improvement plans for the weekend and cheered up. When I got home though, I just went to bed instead, and today I feel worthless again. If I truly had a mood disorder, would I not have had that elevated period? I was presented with a choice, and rather than go through with my plans I chose to continue being miserable, rationalizing it with "oh well I'm a piece of shit anyways..." Am I depressed because I chose that way, or did I choose that way because I was already depressed?
>>
>>29841908
I don't know man, do you always lose that motivation or does it ever persist?
>>
>>29842110
No, it always goes away after a week or so.
>>
>>29842205
Wut, I thought you said it lasts no time at all and you give up after a few hours.

Mine lasts a week usually,but I always get deluded and think it won't end.
>>
>>29842244
Oh, I though you meant periods where I actually get shit done. But yeah, sometimes I'll get motivated for a little bit then it just fizzles out, or I'll get motivated, actually do something about it snap into feel good mode for a week before I go back to being a sack of shit. It's that inconsistency which is why I doubt there's anything wrong with me besides laziness and self pity.
>>
>>29842299
does it happen cyclically? if so that is consistent
>>
WHAT SHOULD I DO? I CAN'T SLEEP AND I'M NEET SO HAVE NO THINGS TO DO.
>>
File: 1319607424855.jpg (23 KB, 351x293) Image search: [Google]
1319607424855.jpg
23 KB, 351x293
>>29842477
>le I'm staying up all night because I'm a bored NEET so I must have mania
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.