[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Hunt!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: ezmone.jpg (977 KB, 1455x4658) Image search: [Google]
ezmone.jpg
977 KB, 1455x4658
Got an idea for you NEETs - why don't you folks just stream Minecraft?

You don't need expensive hardware (can run and record the game on a cheap laptop) and the money can enable you to move out of your parents' house and buy the gaming hardware and video games you really want, and get paid to play games all day. You can finally get a Vive and fuck virtual waifus in addition to the real thing because fame=pussy.

Pros
1) Cheap startup costs
2) One of the most popular games of literally all time (2nd behind Tetris)
3) Tens of millions of children in all countries follow it
4) Huge potential subscriber and monetization base
5) Maintain friendships with your female followers as they mature IRL and hit legal age
6) Party like a boss in LA with hookers and blow
7) Don't need education or experience

Cons
1) Relies on stable internet
2) Need to come up with new Content weekly
3) Might be hard to get the ball rolling
4) Gaming a little saturated in the YouTube sphere
5) Might need luck or connections

I think it's a pretty solid plan.
>>
>>29839540
>3) Might be hard to get the ball rolling
>4) Gaming a little saturated in the YouTube sphere
>5) Might need luck or connections
Kills the plan entirely. There are thousands of unsuccessful minecraft streamers/youtubers and the chance of becoming successful yourself is on par with becoming a professional athlete
>>
>>29839733
But there's no downside. All you need is time (NEETs have plenty) and a $400 laptop (save up birthday and christmas money or quietly and gradually sell your family's forgotten possessions to a pawn shop). It's not like most people will hire socially retarded NEETs in the 20s with gaping holes in their resumes anyways with so much unemployment and immigration providing ample labor pools of desperate job seekers.

Athletes need equipment, facilities, personal trainers and comrades if they're serious, expensive diets and supplements, a steady years-long commitment from a young age (progress from high school), it's not just something you can jump into one day, even getting into something like swimming in the last year of high school you might be far behind your peers who've been on the team since first year.
>>
>>29839901
if you're socially retarded i think that hurts your chances too. for most games you can become really good and then people will watch you even if you are a turbo autist, but minecraft doesnt seem to have that aspect to it.
>>
>>29839901
>All you need is time
You need to be very charismatic to gather audience. If you're ugly sperg without good sense of humor, you will be making few hundreds bucks per month at the best. I have better idea for r9k

>take estrogen, loose weight, train your voice
>become 7/10 MtF
>start streaming without too much whoring
>be actually good at game
>profit
You don't need even talk, you can be that 'shy girl', people are bored of camwhores and they like people like themselves, thats why Rei is popular anime character.
>>
File: 1feel18.png (444 KB, 444x462) Image search: [Google]
1feel18.png
444 KB, 444x462
>Back in 08 I wanted to make videos online
>was liked on online games
>made friends with most people online
>didn't have a capture card
>>
>>29839540
>Got an idea for you NEETs- why don't every single one of you just become celebrities?
>>
>>29839540
>>29839901

A. The market is over-saturated, ridiculously saturated. Especially Minecraft.

B. Being a youtuber is 90% being a personality, 10% actual content. Notice how the top youtubers and twitch streamers are 20-something year old pretty bois who are the male equivalent of camwhores? There's no balding 30 year old who's just really good at games that's on top of the youtube/twitch pyramid.

C. People who watch youtube have come to expect nothing less than crystal-clear audio and 1080 60fps video with professional editing, so it requires an investment.

That being said, it's not impossible. You can be a robot gaming channel, by a robot and for robots, but it won't get you millions of dollars.
>>
>>29839540
Good luck sustaining your wealth when your pseudo career goes belly up.
>>
File: 1355969429235.png (200 KB, 328x331) Image search: [Google]
1355969429235.png
200 KB, 328x331
>>29841082
It's easier than you might think, my family.

Got a small gaming channel, 50k subs but I average 20k consistent views per vid stable over the last 2 years, channel is neither growing nor shrinking, make about $8,000/year, better than nothing and I have no illusions this will last forever.
>>
Being a Youtuber, particularly a Lets Player is such an over saturated market and insanely competitive now. If you're not a Youtube chosen one, and if you don't do the latest fad, then you're fucked.

I mean sure you can make money from it easy, the ads give you a bunch of dollars, so its good if you're a NEET and you wanna make some money but unless you're a top youtuber now, you can't make a living off of it. It's why so many of the mid-tier youtubers get patreon with it to support them.
>>
>>29841059
same.

I use to play mw2 and wanted to record. use to look into capture cards.

>tfw use to like zirrgrizz
>>
>>29843675
link me family.
>>
nobody cares about new minecraft streamers. it's been done already
>>
>>29843675
What kind of content do you do?
How did you promote yourself
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.