[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >have social anxiety >muster up the courage to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: pepeanxiety.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
pepeanxiety.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
>be me
>have social anxiety
>muster up the courage to get my propranolol
>literally cant do a presentation without one
>go to counter, ask for my shit
>everything goes well
>suddenly new doctor comes storming in
>"you know, some time you need to stop taking these pills and do something about your problem"
>wtf who are you
>tfw normies around me are now listening
>"o-ok"
>"...Yeah I'm a doctor with 25 years of experience"
>"o-ok thanks"
>"if you have problems you need to ask your school for help instead of taking pills your whole life"
>"thanks"

She just kept staring at me with that fake smile normies have, talking in this manipulative voice only women can do. Just what the FUCK was she thinking?? With 25 years of experience you surely must know that someone with enough anxiety to take these fucking pills has nightmares about being in such a humiliating position? Fucking normies were all staring at me the whole time FUCK.

Anybody robots with similar experiences? How did you handle it?
>>
>>29839517
What a fucking bitch. I fucking hate normies for this shit. Why do they even fucking care. I'm convinced it's like a subconscious evolutionary hatred they have to kill the weaker members of the tribe. It's like telling somebody with a shattered ankle to quit being a bitch and walk it off. She probably also gets a finder's fee for each person she sends to her jew therapy friends.
>>
File: 1466373330348.jpg (43 KB, 515x496) Image search: [Google]
1466373330348.jpg
43 KB, 515x496
>>29839517
>talking in this manipulative voice only women can do
oh shit im pretty sure i know what youre talking about here, very condescending kinda 'nice' tone maybe? hate that shit
>>
>>29839640
They think they're helping because "somebody has to say it!" but they're too lazy to actually fucking help. I don't even WANT help because I know everybody has got their own shit to take care of. But normies just fucking lust over looking nice and helpful while literally not giving a single shit. Fuck them.
>>
>>29839517
>in the past men your age stormed the beaches of normandy despite their fear
>today you can barely talk to someone without running away in fear
>>
>>29839866
Exactly, like this: https://youtu.be/jzysxHGZCAU?t=1083
>>
>>29839517
wtf, op? i also have social anxiety disorder and other mental health conditions that have been treated for over a decade by psychiatrists making careful use of meds
if some roastie said that to me i'd be like "seems pretty common to meet a woman wiht 25 years experience who has no appreciation of or her own ignorance or incompetence"
at least that's what i would settle on should of having said sometime later that evening
>>
the "smarts" to get a degree are not the same as actually being smart.

people with degrees can be as stupid as you, me, or the mcdubbies cashier, which is a shame when you realize a lot of thses degree'd dumdfucks are in positions which can so drastically affect the lives of others.

get new doctor
>>
>>29839517
She is talking about beta blockers like they are benzos or something
>>
Have you tried exercising occasionaly? It might help you.
>>
>>29839976
>should of
kys
>>
>>29839517
Pharmacists aren't even doctors. If she was a doctor, then became a pharmacist, it's because she was a shit doctor.
>>
>>29839899
I think about this a lot and yeah it's depressing. I also need to take testosterone shots because of some issues. I'm a failed human, but what can you do.

>>29840009
Too afraid to go to the gym. I don't want to buy home equipment because my mom is definitely going to tell my family when I do and it's going to awkward as all fuck. Running is not an option because me knees fucking hurt.

>>29840014
Maybe sometime in the future
>>
>>29839976
>should OF
Fucking retard, end your life.
>>
File: 2016-06-14 07.58.30.jpg (37 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-14 07.58.30.jpg
37 KB, 278x282
>>29839517
God damned normies and their double standards
Im sure that woman takes PILLS for birth control, pain pills, etc
>oh but I actually need these!
Tell her to stop being a slut OP
>>
>in the psych ward
>trying not to lose my shit
>go to the med desk to get something
>"Oh well you should make sure you try all of your other coping skills first"
>okay.jpg

At least when I whined to my psych they stopped doing that all the time
>>
>>29840074
You could do pushups and squats at home, I also bike outside sometimes.
>>
>be me 2 years ago
>meet new PCP
>as we're talking young female nurses/assistants walk in
>I'm greeted
>within 10 minutes theres 7 of us
>they're fucking chatting
>crammed in this tiny fucking room
>I'm visibly shaking, sweating, pale skin red as a injun
>my autism explodes and demand they leave
>immediately finish up with doctor, manually speed walk out the back exit and fucking scram for my car

I nearly died.
>>
>>29840233
Thanks for the suggestions anon... Can you recommend me a schedule? I'm a skellie btw.
>>
File: 1445612482031.jpg (207 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1445612482031.jpg
207 KB, 1280x960
>we are trying to help you anon :^)
>they are only making things worse
I have no idea if they're actually trying to help but if they do, they are doing the exact opposite.
>>
>>29839517
Fuck her. I take metoprolol (similar to propranolol) and will never stop. The difference from before to now is insane. Me shaking up and stuttering is what caused my anxiety in the first place. Now that's it's gone, I'm naturally more confident. I'm never going back. Stupid cunt.
>>
>>29840273

The fuck was that about? Were they all new or something?
>>
>>29840275
Tbh I usually do squating for two days then one or two rest days and then pushups for two days. And after that some rest again. I sometimes bike instead of squating. Maybe you could do something similar.
>>
>>29840074
>Too afraid to go to the gym. I don't want to buy home equipment because my mom is definitely going to tell my family when I do and it's going to awkward as all fuck. Running is not an option because me knees fucking hurt.

Thats what happened to me. I was too scared to get a gym membership so I bought some equipment on my own and kept it a secret for as long as I could (nobody ever comes up to the attic). Eventually they all started talking about how big I was getting and once they found all the stuff it only got worse. Its really embarrassing and I sometimes overhear my mom talking to people on the phone and telling them how big I am now. On the bright side she started cooking for me again.

I think it did help slightly with the anxiety but its hardly a cure and is nowhere near as effective as drugs.
>>
First they fucking bother you to get it despite concerns about drug interactions and side effects and money and dependency and then they have the fucking audacity to recommend you stop. To leave behind the one thing that lets you barely scrape by. Sure maybe I'm still scared of work and parties and talking to people, but at least I can go outside now. If the meds kill me, it'll happen far after the makeshift noose would.
>>
>>29840273
i don't know what it's called but it's common with underage patients to fill the room when you're starting them on a treatment or trying to make something happen over their possible opposition. almost like an intervention

they'll literally just bring in everyone they have on to be like "you're schizoaffective and need to try these pills"

could've been that

you did the right thing
>>
>>29840323
I have no idea

My pcp is a chad so its natural he drags them along.
>>
>>29840392
>>29840428
Thanks for the advice and encouraging thoughts. I'll probably buy some weights and keep them secret for as long as possible. Not being a skellie will probably help with my anxiety at least a little bit.
>>
>>29840505
Best of luck senpai. Oc
>>
>>29840273
Nothing wrong with this desu
>>
>>29840485
I wasn't offered anything. One of them asked if I was okay which in reply I REEE'd them out.
>>
File: 1466421208667.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1466421208667.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
>>29840428
>tfw i did this exact same thing
>tfw it took me about a year before i had the courage to walk into gnc for some protein powder
>>
>>29840485
I have no idea what you're talking about, can you provide more information? The closest experience I have to what he's talking about is seeing a bunch of qt nursing students.
>>
>>29840735
Maybe he means that docs will provoke very strong symptoms of social phobia this way so they can sell you the very expensive pills.
>>
>>29840735
>I have no idea what you're talking about, can you provide more information? The closest experience I have to what he's talking about is seeing a bunch of qt nursing students.
you run away from home, threaten to blow up the school, torture the family dog, or do a bunch of things and are now getting a bpd diagnosis

they bring you into a room full of people, at least some of whom work with you. your therapist, your psychiatrist. maybe a concerned teacher or guidance councilor has made it out. i don't recall anyone ever having their parents there, but i suppose that could happen too.

they say "i know you recognize some faces around the room. we all know you're super duper and we're concerned that you lit the family dog on fire."

"only because it's one of satan's tulpas"

"based on our appointments and conversations with you we believe you have schizophrenia and we're going to start you on the antipsychotic that was advertised to me most recently. we are all here to support you and will be working wiht you. we want to help you through this so you can be yourself and achieve stuff."

"we are going to work towards a retrun to school for you in two weeks, in a different district of course"

"do you have anything to say while we all stand here in agreement and look at you with mock compassion? you cannot refuse us."

"um yeah oh ok i guess"

applause. "well be strong together, anon"
>>
>>29841001
Fucking peer pressure, psychiatrist should know better.
I'm starting to think that every robot here would be able to live a happy and confident life if they only met a competent psychiatrist to whom they can open up entirely.
>>
>>29840971
>>29841001
I understand the concept, I'm looking for more external information.
>>
>>29839899
Different kinds of fear, you utter fucking retard. You can be a brave war vet and still be mentally-ill. You can be someone who's seen combat and still be afraid of making a speech or going to the store. Emd your life, you little cockroach.
>>
>>29841216
You don't honestly think anyone involved would admit this?
>>
>>29841284
You could obviously color it in a more attractive light.
>>
>>29839517
>normies were staring at me

Who gives a shit? If there's no children around and you don't know anybody there, you stare at them back, you ask them what they're staring at, you smile and laugh maniacally, you make it clear who you really are and push them out of your head.

Can't say I've ever tried this but must be liberating af. I'd do it more often if I knew for sure what the consequences would be
>>
>>29841284
>>29841309
they must have a term for this. and i know for a fact it didnt just happen in one place. i know of at least three places where this sort of thing was done. i experienced it myself at two facilities.

i had a friend who had a lot of problems mainly related to having been violently raped. she got one of these that was basically "we are all here to deal with your rape and substance abuse problems". fun.

killed self just months later more than ten years ago i still feel so sad
>>
>>29841232
>he thinks being a social retard is a real mental illness
>>
>>29841412
She didn't get raped, she was just lying. She wasn't your friend, you wanted to bang her and you're only upset because you're still a virgin.
>>
>>29841377
>I'd do it more often if I knew for sure what the consequences would be
The average robot wouldn't be able to pull this off entirely and look away ashamed halfway through.
>>
File: 1461721859164.jpg (66 KB, 720x706) Image search: [Google]
1461721859164.jpg
66 KB, 720x706
>>29839517
>"you know, some time you need to stop taking these pills and do something about your problem"
>"who do you think gives a shit? Give my pills you whore."
>grab pills from her
>take off clothes and stuff pills into mouth and whip your dick out and jack off forcefully until your cock bleeds
>grab a gun and go to orlando and shoot up a local gay bar
>???

Easy solution.
>>
wait around her work all day and find out which car she drives then follow her home and observe her routines then beat the living shit out of that fucking roastie cunt.
>>
>>29841417
>I don't know what social anxiety disorder is
It has nothing to do with having poor social skills, you pitiful moron, and everything to do with being unable to implement them due to overwhelming anxiety. Not being able to go outside is completely irrespective of how good you are at making conversation in a normal state of mind.
>>
File: justfuckmyfaceup.jpg (55 KB, 442x623) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmyfaceup.jpg
55 KB, 442x623
>>29841512

>tfw poor social skills and social anxiety
>>
>>29839517
>propanolol is used to treat physical medical symptoms such as irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, etc
>doctor giving unsolicited medical advice to someone who is not their patient, which is illegal

why must you turn my board into a HOUSE OF LIES
>>
>>29839899
theres the fear of rejection and humiliation, then theres the fear of dying

very different all of them
>>
>>29839899
>>29841695
>theres the fear of rejection and humiliation, then theres the fear of dying

pretty sure most of them went up on that beach for fear of humiliation

at least that's what tim o'brien says about vietnamn vets
>>
>>29841779

id rather be a little bitch than a dead bitch dying in some war for the kikes
>>
>>29841448
what's that? i'm a cuck and this can be viewed on blacked.com?

i love the new 4chan
>>
>>29841512
>he thinks he has a REAL 'disorder'
>>
>>29841695
One of them is valid, the other is felt by pansy bitches.
>>
>tfw I can buy propranolol in the Internet here in Huezil.
>tfw I've tried up to 200mg and no effects..
>>
>>29839517
I can tell you now, that bitch either has no fucking clue what she's doing or is mentally ill herself and is fucking with you because she sees you as an easy target.
File a complaint and get the help you need.
Fuck people like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>mfw my doctor is a 40 y/o South African man
Feels good, fampai
>>
>>29839517
That's absolutely horrible of her. Just assuming you haven't tried to do something about it. Normals are fucking horrible and she was just saying what everyone else is thinking. As another anon said, seems like it's one of their instincts to feel hatred for the mentally ill, ''weaker'' members of society. Even your own family secretly feels this way.
>>
>>29843682
>Just assuming you haven't tried to do something about it
there's not exactly much you can do about personality defects when you're an adult. therapy is a meme
>>
>Popranol for anxiety instead of Vistaril

What the fuck.jpg

Also, any robots here on medicine for OCD? What kind and how effective is it? Vistaril works on my anxiety but not my OCD which my psychiatrist doesnt know I have yet lol
>>
she's probably actually trying to help you by telling you medication is a bandage not a cure
that doesn't disqualify her from being a cunt, but you can only see sacks of shit mope around so long before your sympathy wanes
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.