[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people actually learn how to hack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 600x549
How do people actually learn how to hack?
>>
>>29837972
You have to have a 140+ IQ
>>
By playing some EVE Online
>>
Practice and read a lot and talk to other people who do the same thing.
>>
>>29837972
most hackers are script kiddies
>>29837995
>haxor on steroidz
ghettolaughface.emoji
>>
knowledge comes to you through experience
learn the ins and outs of all systems
>>
>>29837972
I am a hacker and i learned from nobody. I guess i am just born to hack, it comes natural as air.
>>
>>29837972
learn about the technology.
hackers teach themselves and do a lot of practicing.
>>
>>29837972
You need to have a strong sense of logic, the more you think like a machine the better off you'll be.
Then you need to have nothing better to do in your life.
Example: Your roommate watches you bring back 3 PS3s to your room and a total of 0 girls.
Then you need to spend time learning about memory dumps, debuggers, pointers, and how to bypass security measures.

Its really boring stuff actually.
>>
Try one of these sites:
https://hackerlists.com/hacking-sites/

>You must be literally autistic to ride
>>
File: 1459334006971.jpg (114 KB, 640x993) Image search: [Google]
1459334006971.jpg
114 KB, 640x993
>>29837972
Get the tools and join IRC channels.
Hope you don't get ratted out or fuxx0red for lulz by some sociopathic black hat weirdo.
Also the most effective and essential hacking technique is social engineering, so if you're not good with people, you're probably SOL.
>>
File: 1462930427690.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1462930427690.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>No understanding of computer architecture
>No understanding of networks
>No understanding of OS
>No understanding of programming
>No understanding of the tools of the trade
>Wants to hack
>>
With this site, anybody can be a hacker
http://hackertyper.net/
Try loading it up while at a coffee shop, mashing buttons and just watch all the nerd girls flock to you
>>
you need some degree of autism

i'm not kidding

no normal person obsesses to the level where they become a hacker
>>
>>29837972
My uncle taught me he started in the mid 90s
>>
>>29837972
My friend started by coding video games, then looked for ways to fully utilize the hardware he was using, then looked into running foreign code on existing games, then into hardware security... Basically I think programming would be a good start.
>>
>>29837972
I hacked facebook once
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1479x959) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1479x959
>>29838273
Whoa, that's a wild allegation I didn't say that I wanted to be a criminal it was just a hypothetical question.
>>
>>29837972
Going to college to study C's is a good start
>>
File: hb.jpg (19 KB, 342x430) Image search: [Google]
hb.jpg
19 KB, 342x430
I would never call myself a hacker but I am a programmer with a CS degree and I know the technical details of how some of the exploits work. I've read a few books on hacking and reverse engineering and taken some classes. It's kind of a neat hobby, and any good programmer should know how the exploits work so you can write secure code.

I think most people are using scripts or simple social engineering neither of which require extensive technical know-how.

If you want to research exploits though and maybe discover a few of your own you should start by learning how to program. One route to go would be to learn C and asm. Then start with "Smashing the Stack for Fun and Profit" by Aleph One (that is a timeless classic which can be found online.) A good beginner book is "Hacking: the Art of Exploitation" by Erickson. "The Shellcoder's Handbook" is more advanced but also excellent. I also recommend "Reversing" by Eilam, he walks you through reverse engineering a Windows DLL.

So to understand these you need to know your basic data structures and OS fundamentals and C/C++. For web hacking you're going to need to learn the TCP/IP stack, and SQL if you want to understand SQL injection. There's a lot of knowledge involved, this isn't something you pick up in a few weeks or even a few months.
>>
File: 1460353262817.png (347 KB, 628x719) Image search: [Google]
1460353262817.png
347 KB, 628x719
>>29837972
>Mr.Robot

this is what normies actually believe.
>>
>>29838696
Should've called it Mr Cyborg. Or "We Can't Imagine People Are Not Having Sex"
>>
>>29837972
by not watching TV series all day and actually doing something
>>
>>29838882
>Should've called it Mr Cyborg. Or "We Can't Imagine People Are Not Having Sex"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I hacked myself into a corner, I'm behind so many proxies that I can't get out

ipconfig
ctrl alt del
>>
>>29838696
>>29838882
>>29839258
The show's only called Mr.Robot because that's the tech company his dad worked for.
>>
>download ubuntu
>sudo apt-get install cmatrix
>you are now a hacker
>>
>>29840041
I forgot one step, take mdma with the qt drug dealer down the hall
>>
cd code
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd ..
ls
cd code
cd ..
cd

I'm in
>>
>>29840148
What fucked up directory structure do you have?
>>
File: 05.jpg (54 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
54 KB, 340x340
>>29840148

>tfw I recognize this meme
>>
>>29838327
>not using geektyper.com

Tsk tsk tsk...what is this, amateur hour?
>>
>>29839258
I watched the first couple of episodes, and the scene where he gets high, and then fucks his dealer pissed me off. Real hackers don't get laid ever. Even if they look normal, the schizotypal/autistic traits prevent them from forming anything remotely close to normal human social bonds.

Also, they spend way too much time trying to make the character seem edgy.
>>
>>29840148
>not using bash aliases for your common dirs
>>
>>29838192
>social engineering
are you from csgo?
>>
>>29837972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caVEiitI2vg
by not using a computer
>>
>>29838415
fucking keked from the image!
>>
>>29840545
No, I just read that book, and the guy makes it abundantly clear that humans are always the weak link in the security chain.

It's much, much easier to social engineer and outwit some underpaid schmuck with security clearance than outwit a trained security software engineer who was paid $150k a year to thwart you.
>>
>>29840500
>not using zsh
>>
>>29837972
start learning script and shit
>>
>>29838120
Whats your OS how many vms do you have set up do you have proxy's on hand at your disposal along with an offshore VPN paid for in btc what's your pgp key how many VC containers do you have set up for sensitive documents how many wireless networks have broken into how many data breaches have you performed

>I'm a hacker
>I know how to delete system 32 files from the Command prompt in windows
>I have an anonymous mask in my room
>I have DDOSEd some guys IP

Fuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk offffff
>>
>>29842050
ddos? you mean typing ping google.com and bragging to his friends how he hacked google?
>>
>>29837972
You do shit enough to know when shit is done wrong.
Then you just recognize a lot of wrongs and exploit them.
>>
>>29838273
Email me anon

I'll teach you

I have multiple PDFs on network penetration testing, becoming a Linux power user, etc

I went from your average windows user to a confident Linux user with my specialty being wireless network cracking I haven't looked back since.

Practiced performing CSS attacks SQL attacks basic Windows exploitation Social engineering etc

It takes a lot of work a lot of time a lot of moments where you really want to give up. Just when you think you're bad ass and brainy as fuck you soon come to realise that your a very small fish in a giant sea
>>
>>29840270
Then share it you fucking slut
>>
>>29839391
>Using windows
>>
>>29842082
>"Lmao gonna get ddosed haha"

Doing shit like that takes you even lower in the Computer security world lower than a script kid
>>
Many of the big "hacks" and "leaks" (like Ashley Madison and Apple) were probably inside jobs, like the Snowden stuff.
>>
>>29839840

His dad was a computer engineer for E-corp
>>
>>29842257
>>29842050
What the fuck, the guy you were talking to wasn't even baiting, he just made a joke and yet you still replied seriously. Are you retarded?
>>
Easiest way is if you can get physical access. Hacking is all about exploits. E.g.

>war drive through neighborhood
>find wep encrypted AP
>use wep cracker
>sniff network and gather passwords
>set up dns redirect on router to your own dns server and literally gain access to everything
Congrats, you can now completely fuck up someone's life.
>>
same way you learn how to fix a car or do art or pretty much anything.
>>
>>29844066
wep is pretty rare these days, but some wpa can be cracked just as easily (the ones with shit wps implementations that you can't turn off)
if you lived in the city I imagine it would be very easy to find tons and tons of exploitable networks

And that barely counts as hacking, cracking would be more appropriate.
>>
>>29837972
The most dangerous hackers are the ones who started off reading books, making small programs and going to college to learn coding and networking.

The hackers you see 9 times out of 10 started off watching YouTube videos and copy pasting scripts, they take pride in visiting forums such as ha(ck)forum
>>
>>29842165
teach me anon

(someone said this already)
>>
>>29840480
>hurr durr

you're just projecting

plenty of hackers get laid and/or got high, and they're not all aspies or asocial losers
>>
90% "hacks" are just social manipulation and deception.

most software exploits are more theoretical in nature, no one is really exploiting buffer over flows to gain access to a system.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.