[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here literally start tearing up when they see a happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: twitterAtANGELEYESLOVING.png (442 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
twitterAtANGELEYESLOVING.png
442 KB, 500x502
Anyone here literally start tearing up when they see a happy couple together?

And yes, this is unironic crying
>>
Went outside today, sunny day.

>Couples walking around holding hands
>Young people hanging around in groups
>Parents (some my age) playing with their children

Shoot me now.
>>
Tears of happiness or jealousy?
Neither for me lol
>>
>>29834278
To be honest, I used to feel jealous, but now I just don't care, good for them I guess.
Seeing groups of young people do makes me sad, because I used to have a group of friends but we had to drift apart.
>>
>>29834278
Not to that extreme but it does piss me off when I go to a public park and there are couples holding hands or making out everywhere
I go here for the nature and silence, you people are ruining it
>>
I'm pathetic but not THAT pathetic, kek.
>>
I don't even care about tfw no gf anymore, I have bigger problems
>>
The younger the couple, the harder it hits.
>>
File: 144716950559.jpg (88 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
144716950559.jpg
88 KB, 633x758
No i get bitterly angry and pull this face
>>
I usually get mad as fuck, but not sad.
>>
>>29834278
>Anyone here literally start tearing up when they see a happy couple together?

No. Well, at least not any more. There was perhaps a time when I was far younger than I am now when I would have been moved to react in that way. But as you grow older, things change.

The funny thing about crying is that it's often an expression of not only sorrow but of shock as well. The small child who trips and falls begins to cry not because he's actually hurt himself seriously, but rather because he was surprised by his accident. The world seemed like a sane and safe place, and the expectation that it would continue to be so is shattered the moment his feet give out and he falls down.

When I was younger and still had some hope of living like actual people do, that was how I felt when I saw those happy couples. I saw people who were far from perfect still enjoying romantic relationships, and it was something of a shock that, for all my flaws, that sort of relationship was something I didn't have license to experience.

But as the years passed, so did the shock. That I was unwanted in a radical way did not mean the world was surprisingly senseless. In time I grew to understand, rather, that something like me being undesirable was the most sensible thing there was. Nature may be cruel, but that isn't because she's arbitrary. Rather, you grow to realize she is ruthlessly just. The desirable deserve to be desired, it's as simple as that. And you can weep all you like when you learn that brutal truth but, trust me, Nature doesn't hear you. And even if she could, she wouldn't care.

So, in time, the tears dry up. Which isn't to say the pain ever goes away. Quite to the contrary, it grows deeper every day. Your heart hardens, but that doesn't make it disappear. It just makes it a heavier burden. The only difference is that it is no longer likely to break.
>>
File: 191374278.jpg (79 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
191374278.jpg
79 KB, 960x960
it makes me feel like I don't belong on this earth
>>
>>29834278
Doesn't bother me. Maybe at one point, I would have wanted it. Don't feel anything anymore.
>>
That shit's overrated, I think
>>
when i see those happy couples it makes me realize that I will always be alone. Especially when they are ugly, it makes me realize that I am less desireable then a fatty. I realize that i am no longer human, but a machine.
>>
>>29834278
It's even worse when you're in an unhappy relationship and you see a happy couple pass you by on the street.
>>
Not couples per se, but people in general in groups, ie friends. Partly why I don't even go to lectures.
>>
>>29834278
No one is consistently happy. People experience isolated moments of happiness, but they're quick to fade. Most of what you see out in public is a front.
>>
I never cared before, but as I hit 30, and repeatedly fail at even the most basic relationship with even easy or low desired women, it starts to catch up with you.
>>
I get spiteful and angry, but not sad.
>>
>>29834278
no, because I'm not a gigantic faggot with obvious mental illnesses.
>>
>>29834343
same as me today...
what the fuck am I doing with my life
out there people are enjoying themselves, and here I am

fuck life
>>
>>29835123
This is why we're robots, not just for the robot that monitors the board's originality but because we're more machine than man.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.