[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The California ""Drought"" What the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: AllThisWater.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
AllThisWater.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
The California ""Drought""

What the fuck is this meme? How can people say we're in a drought when we have trillions of gallons of water just a 20 minute drive away? My water bill is double what it was last year, and triple from 2 years ago, because some environmentalists think we're going to run out of water somehow.

I'd say this is just a plot by the jews to raise prices, but I think they would be smarter and create a more reasonable plan. How are people actually falling for this "drought" meme?

Pic related, I was at this beach yesterday, this is just a stock photo.
>>
Then just opt out of the jewish schemes and drink seawater
>>
>>29833798
The problem is piping it into my house for bathing and cooking and stuff. I brought a cup with y yesterday to try some. It's alright but tastes a bit weird. Of course, once the water companies run it through their filtration system, it's fine. They just don't seem to want to do that so they can artificially raise the prices.
>>
No one is replying. I knew the conspiracy went deep, but I didn't realize they had gotten to 4chan.
>>
>>29834346
I know you're joking but is desalinization really THAT FUCKING HARD?

I mean holy shit scientists, figure it out. Boil the water and collect the vapor or something.
>>
>>29834373
>I know your joking
I'm not fucking joking, the process has be active and around for a long fucking time, they just aren't doing it so they can say they need to raise the prices.
>>
It's the same jew reason for why everything is expensive. Make up a feel good meme about saving the environment. Rip out most dams, don't build powerplants, zone people into shit stack high density units. Supply restricted, prices rise. And then use goy celebrity puppets to urge on the meme. Save those resources goy, Leonardo and gore are very proud of you. Maybe someday they'll let you lick the dog shit off the artisan stone pathway to their humble vacation mansion
>>
>>29833838
This is bait and yet I'm falling for it.
>its alright but tastes a bit weird
>>
Desalinization on anywhere near the level required to supply millions of people with water would be ridiculously hard.
Think how much energy it would take to boil all those millions of gallons of water..
>>
>>29833777
Desalination plants hurt costal ecosystems so yeah its environmentalists. Rainfall and snowmelt has been really poor over the course of the last century so a lot of inland towns that rely on that stuff are drying up. Wells run out too
>>
What's stupid about our response to the drought is to limit residential consumption. The amount of freshwater lost due to residential use is minuscule, water used activities like bathing or using the toilet is mostly recycled back into the supply anyway.

About 70-80% of the water is used by agriculture which makes up a small part of our economy, between 7-10% IIRC. Many of the crops are grown in areas that receive little rainfall and in order to access freshwater large wells and reservoirs have been built with taxpayer dollars even though the large farms pay little in taxes. The crops that consume the most water are also cash crops and farmers often receive subsidies in order to turn the USA (and California) into the supermarket of the world, this is done to dominate foreign markets and create a dependence on American crops.

Also there is actually a large amount of freshwater in the northern part of the state that is locked up due to how expensive it is to build the infrastructure required to move the water to the central valley where things are grown. It would also be very expensive to build those desalination plants, not to mention the environmental damage that these projects would do.

Also California government is a convoluted mess, especially when it comes to water rights and management. There are numerous contradictory practices between different departments that fuck up any plans for addressing issues.
>>
>>29834373
Not hard just stupidly expensive. Try google.
>>
File: JewPepe2.jpg (270 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
JewPepe2.jpg
270 KB, 800x778
>>29834891
>Expensive

Good goy, purifying seawater is definitely not a viable option, instead we'll have to triple prices.
>>
>>29833777
>drinking or using your radioactive water
bad idea.
>>
>>29834959
>Drinking seawater is bad for your health
See >>29834925
>>
>>29833777
Not even reading the thread but the only real reason desalination isn't more common is because our government doesn't think it's cost efficient.
In reality, a person given time and materials could easily desalinate enough water to drink/cook with.
>>
you know as a califag myself I always wondered this myself but never asked out loud or googled

if it really is just a matter of price then I'm pissed but also relieved because in my logic that means when the time comes to actually NEED water instead of simply being worried about it being pricey, we actually have a bunch of water we can use since if it comes down to truly needing it, humanity will band together and make it happen.

or war. but the victors will definitely be able to get water
>>
>>29834925
this
here in Israel we desalinate water in might be expensive but it's not gonna triple or double your water bill.
>>
File: EnoughPepe5.jpg (50 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
EnoughPepe5.jpg
50 KB, 700x500
>>29835167
>Cali
Get the fuck out. Go back to whatever flyover state you came from.

I FUCKING HATE THESE TOURISTS WHO MOVE HERE GODDAMMIT.
>>
>>29835167
It's not just price of building the desal plants. Residential doesn't consume much water, it's a myth that people are going to be dying of thirst or not able to bath. Watering a giant lawn consumes the most residential water by a large margin so we might not be able to have massive private gardens in the far far future (hundreds of years).

The largest consumer of water is ag and it would be expensive to pump desal. water to them. It is also expensive to pump more from the far north. Ag controls our water and they want to use as much as they want and you're going to pay for it.

All the residential limits on freshwater and increased prices is feel good nonsense that won't solve the problem.
>>
>>29835223
bitch I was born here and raised here and have never moved out of state. I'll use whatever terms I want I refer to my comfy bear republic and there's literally nothing you can do about it

cali cali cali
>>
>>29835167
Well, if you're okay with drinking some of the most radioactive water on earth then it's fine.
>>
>>29835256
>I was born here
>Stills calls it "cali"

Hmm, something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>29835274
provide proof that using the term "cali" irrefutably means one is not a native

but I just realized I'm defending being from cali to another cali-anon with has serious autism triggers for the word "cali"

so I'm done defending my use of the word "cali"
but I won't stop using the word "cali"
got too much cali love for that to happen desu
>>
>>29835323
>Cali love

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why do normalfags like you insist on using a board intended for robots? Do you get some kind of sick, perverted pleasure from it?
>>
>>29835386
People that don't say Cali are hella lame dude.
>>
File: AngryPepe8.jpg (19 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
AngryPepe8.jpg
19 KB, 640x619
>>29835414
normo pls out riiiiiiiiii
>>
File: photo.png (211 KB, 467x467) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
211 KB, 467x467
>>29833777
I hope you are joking.
>2016, being this stupid
>>
>>29835386
been here since 2007, long before "normalfag" and its derivatives become apart of the 4chan lexicon

also can you cite where it says the intended use of this board is for strictly for robots in any kind of official capacity?

didn't think so. but don't get too grumpy it's a nice cali weather day outside, at least here in socal

I say socal too btw
>>
I hate this state with a burning passion. Literally a meme state. Literally a third world country state. Ginormous seas of poverty and with little islands of cloistered wealth. But let's bring in more poor people. We're so progressive. Why should these pricks care. Nice and comfy in their gated communities where they can wag their fingers at those stupid working class whites for not being grateful to live in a fucking ghetto surrounded by pieces of shit.
>>
>>29835451
>cali
>socal

Also, just because robots only isn't in the rules, doesn't mean normalfags like you are allowed to come here. How long you've been here in irreverent.

It is quite nice here though, but it would be nicer without all the fucking people.
>>
Irrelevant* this comment is more original than an original comment on St. Originals Day.
>>
>>29835487
>tfw you can spot a poster whos first childhood console was a ps3. Tell us about the old days anon
>>
File: 1416621614675.jpg (266 KB, 800x882) Image search: [Google]
1416621614675.jpg
266 KB, 800x882
>>29835487
>just because it's not in the rules doesn't mean you are allowed to come here

that's a contradictory statement. and being on this site before this board was even launched DOESN'T mean shit but I can sorta figure that I've been here longer than you so that's enough to give me satisfaction and euphoric smugness
>>
>>29833777
You know that when it rains the sewer gets flooded and gets into our oceans right? So not only is the SALT WATER CONTAMINATED it's also a BIO-HAZARD.

But go ahead and make your de-Stalinization machine and then pour it through those little bags that turn your urine and feces into "clean" water.
>>
>>29835850
where do you keep your tooth brush? do you keep in the restroom? the same restroom where you flush your toilet after shitting and pissing? do you ever leave your bathroom door open after taking a fat ogre shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG_PnRCLe9A
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.