[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
safe recreational drugs (oxymoron - but is there such a thing?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: b4f.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
So serious question: are there any recreational drugs that can be used somewhat often (say once a week) without suffering from horrible short term or long term side effects?

I know marijuana is an obvious example but it seems to me that almost all of the popular drugs that junkies like are fucking terrible. For example: MDMA is actually extremely neurotoxic and irreparably damages the brain causing short term memory problems. Then there's drugs like benzos -- an entire category of drugs that cause rebound anxiety, insomnia, and panic attacks and can have withdrawal symptoms that are worse than heroin.

So lets try do something new and put together a list of drugs for the "responsible junkie" who cares about their long-term health. This may sound impossible but I am genuinely curious whether there's any esoteric, maybe less intense but still pleasurable compounds out there with very few side effects.
>>
>>29833560
Anything and everything in moderation.
>>
>>29833560
Moderation and praying you don't have a genetic disposition
>>
File: 21115.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
21115.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>charged with drug possession
>can't join the military anymore
>>
DXM is safe and the official drug of robots.

just kidding it's not safe
>>
>>29833611
Except that some drugs actually do damage the brain after only one dose and I've never heard of anyone just using something like heroin in moderation.

What you said sounds exactly like junkie pseudo-science, desu. The same kind of thing that misinformed drug users tell each other to rationalize their horrible decisions. I.e. there are actually people out there who believe that MDMA can be used in moderation even though brain scans show damage years later after only one dose and behavioral testing also confirms this.

I made this thread to get some ideas on what kinds of recreational drugs (if any) won't cause horrible long-term changes. Good examples are nitrous oxide and mushrooms (less so for mushrooms since they can exacerbate mental illness.) What I am getting at is this: there may potentially be hundreds of other compounds out there that won't fuck your life up. Maybe anon has some experiences?
>>
Any of the non neurotoxic mdma analogues can be used that often with no harm.

Marijuana but form your own opinion about that one.

Shrooms can be done once even 3 weeks if you're really gonna push it but I'd recommend waiting longer if you think you need it.

Things like 4-fma too can probably be used once a week.

Nitrous can also be used a lot with very little negative effects.

>>29833754
Dxm is probably fine once a week depending on the person.
The drug is about as unsafe as alcohol and we all know people use that more than once a week.
>>
You should study biochemistry, OP, and make some yourself
>>
>>29833560
k r a t o m
One large dose is safer than multiple small doses (per day). It feels better too
Supplement magnesium and take agmatine sulfate to keep your tolerance low.
DO NOT try to move up to stronger opioids.
Toss n wash is the easiest way to take it
I use kratom to deal with depression and anxiety. It has completely turned my life around.
I take probably 10 to 15 grams a day (not sure, I take 20 1/4 teaspoon doses over the course of a day depending on the strain and vendor)
I've been using it for over a year now. My tolerance stabilized once I started taking agmatine (it's been stable for about 6 months now).
It feels great, the withdrawal is irritating but not threatening. It's a pretty low tier opioid high but the non-high part of it is amazing. Depression lifted, anxiety down to manageable levels. I went from being a 100% shut-in to having a fuckin job on this shit. My "habit" costs me probably 60 bucks a month.
>>
>>29833827
Forgot to mention
You can't really OD on kratom. There's no respiratory depression on it. I've taken massive amounts before (when I was dumb and just starting on it). Got shaky eyeballs and couldn't walk straight but no lasting effects and no risk of death. You'd have to be trying to kill yourself to hurt yourself I think (and even then you'd vomit it up and just feel like shit, I have no idea what the LD50 is but it must be fairly high).
Shit is cheap, legal, easy to get, safer than anything else I can think that has a decent effect, and fuck the psych benefits are great.
Anyone who wants to kick anti-psychotics, real opioids/opiates, or needs some motivation or anti-anxiety benefit should try it out.
>>
>>29833560
memes aside marijuana is not the dream drug you all robots think it is.

yeah, it basically has no physiological adverse effects. that's not it.

its dangerous because it makes your brain feel like wasting time and doing nothing is fine. i wasted years smoking pot and not realizing that i spent years wasted - atleast i could be a self conscious robot but instead i was an oblivious robot
>>
OP here. Good suggestions robots. I was thinking, what about drugs like muscle relaxants? Some of them are quite recreational and I can't imagine they would have that many side effects. There are so many classes of drugs like that. I wonder how deep the rabbit hole actually goes. Maybe I should start studying pharmacology and compile a list of compounds with recreational potential and then rate them on a scale of addiction and harm based on reported side effects.

>>29833810
Really interesting suggestion. I'm guessing it would take 4 - 8 years to get to the level where you make any new progress like Shulgin but its an interesting thought anon.
>>
>>29833911
quitting weed is harsh too
everything feels so serious now
>>
There has to be at least one book that profiles drugs in the way that I suggested.

The reason why I'm even asking these questions is because in this day and age we can have any compound synthesized in a lab in China and then delivered right to our house so its not like it matters how obscure it is.

I just want to compile / find a list of drugs to use occasionally that won't adversely fuck things up like every other recreational drug. Life is so much better with drugs, if the drugs weren't all terrible it would be excellent.
>>
File: 1456853728001.jpg (197 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1456853728001.jpg
197 KB, 800x500
>>29833802
You should not use DXM once a week for any length of time (3 or more weeks in a row). I did for less than 3 months and experienced strong adverse effects. I was prone to delusional thinking, my short term memory was nuked, when typing a sentence I would leave words out without realizing it, my speech was even worse and came out like word salad despite my best efforts.

Skipping words while typing might sound minor but it stuck out to me because of how often it happened and the fact that there was nothing I could do about it.

Well I might have used it slightly more often than once a week. Brain damage aside I had a great time.
>>
>>29834052

Sounds like me when I'm sober
>>
>>29834052
OP here. DXM is a great drug but one that I wouldn't consider "safe" under my definition of using something casually and not getting fucked up.

There were studies done on rhesus monkeys that ended up with holes in their brains from taking the drug (olney's lesions) This doesn't necessarily generalize to humans but its concerning enough to avoid it, and even if you don't believe it -- there are tons of accounts like yours that make me think it is neurotoxic.
>>
>>29833986
I wanted to know how to synthetize them myself
>>
I guess I'm going to have to do some serious research on this -- and that means studying text books.

I just have a feeling that there is a treasure trove of prescription drugs that only doctors know about with relatively low abuse potential and side effects.
>>
>>29833774
The moderate, safe dose of heroin lies in nanograms.
>>
>TFW i've taken a shit ton of MDMA and noticeably have neuro damage.

that being said, MDMA can be used safely if doses don't exceed 250mg in a night, and you replace all brain-chems deprived.

it's been proven that most damage researched that stems from MDMA use can also be linked with sleep deprivation and over oxidization of the brain wearing down protective coating on neurons.

you will all argue this. but i did a fair amount of research on it all after i killed a future for my brain growth.

>source: close friend who is a pharmaceutical chemist and is regarded as "very successful" in his works.

it's all about moderation, and harm prevention m8's. or you'll end up retarded like me.
>>
>>29833560
LSD is safe
>>
>>29833560
lsd is safe
its really fucking safe
just make sure you got lsd
>>
File: 1465750974180-b.webm (1 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
1465750974180-b.webm
1 MB, 404x720
>>29834447
>250
even that is not safe. 180mg in one night only and MDMA should be used 3-4 times in a year. less is more.
>>
Psycheldelics are the only answer
>>
>>29835656
It shouldn't be used period. It's neurotoxic at any dose and damages serotonin receptors.

>You'll be right if its only a few times a year

Is junkie wisdom.
>>
Okay listen up y'all. There is nothing wrong with drugs it is a conspiracy by the lizards. Just like the apple in the garden of eden 'they' don't want you to know the truth. Take as much as you can there is nothing wrong with it, the lizards have told you in their salamander press that it is bad so you get a placebo effect. Do not let them lizard-dupe you, get enlightened.
>>
File: k den.jpg (23 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
k den.jpg
23 KB, 500x441
>>29835706
whatever suits you, man.
>>
Molly is actually pretty safe, as long as you're using it in moderation.
Taking pretty much anything at extreme doses repeatedly can be dangerous
Limiting MDMA to twice a year would hardly be dangerous desu
Acid is probably the only 100% safe recreational drug, but frequent use of that can cause some pretty serious psychological problems.
>>
what you want OP, is microdosing LSD
that shit is absolutely goat-tier, just google it
10-15 mg a day will make it slightly better without being addictive at all but as the anons before suggested, make sure you're actually getting LSD not some battery acid bullshit... or make it yourself
>>
>>29834377
>nanograms
For one I think you meant micrograms and two you're wrong to begin with. Let's say you have pure medical grade heroin. Snorting a dose of about 2.5 to 5 milligrams would be safe. You know nothing of opiates my friend
>>
>>29835734
t. David Icke
>>
>>29833827
Care to share your supplier? I'm looking for a cheaper website but it's hard to get honest recommendations with all the paid shills vouching for the various sellers.
>>
OP half the people in your shoes end up being fucking heroin addicts or something similar in a few years. It happened to me, it can happen to you.

If you're looking for regular (you said weekly) drug induced escapism, there's a very good chance you'll realize that you don't want to have any restraint when it comes to taking something which makes you feel better. If you are one of the few people who has the fortitude to keep drug use casual, more power to you, but it's easy to make a miscalculation going into it.
>>
>>29836310
MDMA rapes your serotonin receptors. And if you want to play the responsible drug user and cautious about psychedelics, stick to mushrooms and cacti.
>>
I've tried maybe over 40 substances in my life and only been addicted to tobacco, alcohol and dissociatives in general. Never tried any opiates besides codeine and opium. Always drew the line at heroin and crack, meth. Anyway everybody has their achilles heel and mine is dissociatives. Luckily for me they're easy to quit and other types of drugs just don't interest me that much.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.