[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Times you were socially autistic about music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: co.png (7 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
co.png
7 KB, 212x238
>be listening to music with headphones at a party
>only got invited because of my dudebro brother but that's besides the point
>can't stand being there but at least I have my own music
>suddenly qt walks up to me
>motions for my attention so I pause my music and take off my headphones
>"what are you listening to anon?"
>start sweating
>"Uh, S-Swans..."
>"Swans? never heard of them. what's the album called?"
>"P-Public Castration Is A Good Idea."
>"Uh...okayyy...well, see ya."
>she walks away with a look of disgust on her face
>mfw
>>
>what music do you like?
>Shoegaze
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 460x500
>>29833168
>tfw for 2 years I wouldn't stop trying to force fucking eminem down people's throats
>>
I asked the host of a New Year's Eve party a few years ago if I could turn his shit off and hook up my phone instead

They were playing dance music and normie dubstep/dnb. I put on my black and death metal playlist.

It lasted for two songs before somebody asked to turn that shit off. I unplugged my shit

Nobody bothered putting on any other music, and the party effectively died (50% of the people left) ten to fifteen minutes later, at 1:30AM.
>>
File: 1452738978882.png (98 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
1452738978882.png
98 KB, 500x505
>tfw everyone likes bowie now after he died
>>
>>29833351
Normies just go with what's trendy
>>
>>29833366
Atleast i heard his music on the radio for a while
>>
>>29833351
I don't understand why he blew up in the news, I knew who he was and I thought his music sucked.

Was he really popular with old white people the same way Queen was or something?
>>
>>29833400
He was a very influential musician. I respect your opinion, but his music, objectively, does not suck.
>>
>girl asks what my favourite band is
>tell her Mercury Rev
>she searches it on her phone
>first result is some post-Baker shit
>thinks I am some kind of pleb now
>>
>>29833464
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.
>>
>>29833493
fuck off scaruffi
>>
>>29833168
Enjoy the music or leave.This is the same concept as "drink or leave".
You aren't being a special snow flake or going against the sheeple; you're just being a douche, a buzzkill, and an autist.
>>
>>29833247
>black and death metal playlist
For what reason did you think this would sound good at a party?
>>
>>29833578
but the music sucked, i needed relief
>>
>>29833605
If you go to one of those parties you know what you're getting into, if you went and sat and listened to music like an autist you could at least have had some dignity and left, you could have lied to the girl and turn it into an actual conversation, instead you're here
>>
>>29833643
i had no reason to lie, that's what the album is called.
>>
I'll do you all a favor and post normie acceptable music

Non passe radio pop, surface level edm, surface level hip hop/trap

Listening to anything else will let people know you're a reject or undesirable
>>
I literally don't talk about music or movies with anyone but my close friends because I sperg out 100% of the time.
>>
>>29833351
>tfw it was half a year ago and I'm still not over Bowie
I still cry when I watch videos of him. Especially the one where he is talking about his daughter and singing that nursery song on Conan.
>>
File: 1450303257703.jpg (20 KB, 365x378) Image search: [Google]
1450303257703.jpg
20 KB, 365x378
>At work
>Stacy is playing 21 Pilots over some speaker she brought
>Comment that they are complete garbage and their music is shit
>Asked what music I listen to then
>"I-Interpol"
>"Whoa Anon I've never even heard of them"
I always thought I would look cool and stick it to the normies but I ended up looking like even more of a pathetic beta
>>
>>29833758
I miss him too, anon. At least Blackstar is 10/10
>>
File: 1466102650773.jpg (181 KB, 1342x1073) Image search: [Google]
1466102650773.jpg
181 KB, 1342x1073
>in high school
>be a shy introverted aspie kid who likes reading and vidya
>tutor is playing nicki minaj and taylor swift over the loudspeakers while the music video is on the projector
>asks if anybody would like to make a music request
>i'm always trying to break out of my shell and be more confident so i ask meekly if i can suggest a song
>watched kickass the movie the other year so i suggest this song from the soundtrack
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvkoGZVajg
>get tutor to type the song in and play it on youtube
>builds up and then the music starts
>tutor just looks at me with a disgusted face
>people make fun of me for not liking cool music
>goes back to playing superbass
>>
>Chad friend over
>tells me to play some dope tunes
>open up some touhou mixes
>he is confused at first but after a couple of joints he gets into it
>>
I played this at a social gathering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkBmaOcVqOQ

Everyone was visibly uncomfortable, but no one said anything and the song played to conclusion. We were doing some thing where everyone in the circle got to play a song on the TV. They skipped over me next cycle
>>
>>29833825
>smoking
>smoking with friends
>smoking WITH CHAD of all people
fuck off normie
>>
>>29833825
>listening to tohou music over spliff
This actually sounds like a good fucking time.
>>
>>29833825
>i will never have a chad friend that is open to my nerdy shit
>I will never have a chad friend to watch anime with
>I will never have a chad friend.

I hate life
>>
>>29833894
House remix of EosD is the dank while high
>>29833921
He tells me he cant wait for the day where I stop being a weeblord but he started warming up to it, he even lay on my daki the last time he was over because it was so comfy
>>
>>29833213
eminem is dope man
but some of his songs are absolute garbage
stronger than I was is the most cringeful song I've ever heard
>>
>>29833830
jesus fucking christ dude

what is this, weaponized j-pop?
>>
>>29833168
>you used to listen to Metallica, megadeth, lambs of God, and slayer

oh god why
>>
>>29834089
eminem comes off as very relateable and even robotish in this song desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tZ8YxzNCU

isn't his life basically being bullied for being white, then marrying a stacey and being cucked?
>>
>>29834199
that song is gold man, I know it
it helped me through some shitty times
>>
File: IMG_0173.jpg (726 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.jpg
726 KB, 2592x1944
When I was in high school some kids stole my MP3 player out of my backpack in the middle of English class and passed it around the room. I went to school with a bunch of rich fucks so first they made fun of me for having a Creative Nomad and not an iPod.

Then they went through the library. I had some "normal" music but I also had a lot of soundtracks. They found I had the LOTR soundtrack, the Batman Begins soundtrack, and the Halo soundtrack. So they made fun of me for having Batman music on my Nomad complete with some chump vocalizing the theme from the old TV show. The entire room was laughing at this.

As a personal rule I refuse to talk about music with people now. I realized there is absolutely nothing to gain by discussing music with people. There is no benefit to having that conversation. When the subject comes up I say that I don't listen to music. When people ask what I am listening to I say "the radio."
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.